How will the unemployment rate affect the election?

How will the unemployment rate affect the election?

1. Unemployment was at its lowest in the countries history during Trumps first term. So, the track record here is, Trumps administration turned the economy around from a mismanaged failure into a bustling newborn.

2. The coronavirus pandemic is a worldwide issue. Trump can't be blamed nor his administration. Unemployment might skyrocket, but when quarantine ends much of that unemployment is going to decrease.

So, with those two facts in mind you need to consider what unemployment could be like come November. I would take my chances on a strong recovery before the election, probably not a full recovery. Either way, there will be recovery and Trumps administration has already proven its ability to decrease unemployment. So, barring any unforeseen issues that would be devastating to Trumps platform, this can only be a win-win situation for Trump. Everyone will know and see that all he has done during his first term is improve improve improve.

Fact 1 is bullshit. Unemployment had been dropping for 6 years prior to Trump taking office. Not a single economic measure changed course under Trump, all he did was continue the trends that were already happening for 6 to 7 years.

It is unknown if Trump can take something that was not already good and turn it around.

It might be deeper than we realize...

“The recession appears to be deeper and more prolonged than we were led to believe just 14 days ago when we last updated our forecasts, not just in the US but globally as well,” said BofA economists led by Michelle Meyer.

“We now believe that there will be three consecutive quarters of GDP contraction with the US economy shrinking 7% in 1Q, 30% in 2Q and 1% in 3Q. We expect this to be followed by a pop in growth in 4Q. We forecast the cumulative decline in GDP to be 10.4% and this will be the deepest recession on record, nearly five times more severe than the post-war average.”

I know darned well I had posted a few years ago that this country would be brought to it's knees...but I can't find it and was probably in a thread that was deleted.

But a summary of it is this......just like the events of 911, the same will happen to the US (and the world).

The Word Trade Center that housed global financial transactions & business, was hit, not once but twice. They went thru a slow burn before collapsing all together...........symbolic of atleast in part, the current world economic situation emerging because of the virus, that could very well and probably will collapse. We're in the slow burn, but not 100% sure of 2 or twice but may be 'complete' loss

Also hit was the Pentagon, that houses our military operations........so I'd bet you one of Old Lady's donuts we will be into a war sometime in the near future (within 5 years)........though we may take a big hit, we will survive it and probably win.

The 4th plane ended in a field, though many have speculated it was headed for the WH, but we'll never really know that. If so, it would mean our government or Democracy/Republic and/or Constitution would have been the target of destruction..

I do hope I'm wrong, but considering the situation playing out right now.......I'm not so sure and if I am right, Heaven help us all

Economy and jobs can't ever recover until we get to the end of this pandemic, or I should say 'end in sight'. IF that happens soon enough, then yes everything else will follow. IF not, or the virus only slows down or mutates again, then ya'll will have plenty to bitch about to play the blame game.

Or would you rather have Trump send everybody back to work now, so even more people can get sick and/or die? So you can complain about that?

Have you been drinking already? Where did I bitch about anything in my post? I stated a couple facts. Nobody knows how this will play out and how quickly we will start to recover...which is what I said the first time

Nope, no drinking allowed.

But you just had to bring Obama into it, which is still comparing apples to orange man bad for the country's low times. Thereby 'bitching' without actually saying so.

I used an example of the most recent president. I know that you do not like it when people do not bow down to your god, but in this country the president gets the blame for the economy they have, right or wrong

He's not my god......but he IS my President and yours as well. Deal with it.

And only those who can't cognitively think for themselves ever 'blame the current President' for everything...……….and don't you dare say I was blaming Obama for everything, cause I didn't. Only for what he did...…..but more likely DIDN'T do

Forum List

Back