How well did Trump do in meeting his promises on the Mexico border wall

Trump had the House?

Is your memory so bad? When Trump won the presidential elections in 2016 Republicans won the House 241 seats to 194 for the Democrats. Quite a lead!

Trump’s failure to pass anything lasting besides tax cuts for corporations and the rich is an enduring indication of how uninterested and incompetent he was in actually governing or working with Congress. Had he proposed — as he said he would — an infrastructure jobs bill, he could have built an effective Congressional coalition immune to “RINO” obstruction. But he preferred to play to his ignorant base and further divide the country. The “Wall that Mexico will pay for” was another slogan / stunt that actually prevented permanent reforms and improvements in border security and immigration which could have and should have been achieved.
I remember the Democrats in every State were fighting against ICE and construction of a national barrier claiming it was up to the states and not up to the Feds.

How well did Trump do in meeting his promises on the Mexico border wall.
-Trump promised a "big beautiful wall" the entire length of the 1,954 mile Mexico border
- As of December 452 miles of wall had been built. Only 40 miles of the wall, Trump built, is new. The rest was rebuilding wall and barriers that already existed. Fail

-Trump said he is a master builder and will build a "big Beautiful" cement wall. He spent millions trying multiple different types of wall
- Trump ended up using the same type of wall that was being built at the end of the Obama Presidency. None of his prototypes was used. fail

- Trump promised that Mexico would pay for his "big beautiful" wall
-The US government has paid out 15 billion dollars for the wall. A big portion of the funds came from budgets like the military budget, MEXICO DID NOT PAY ONE PENNY FOR THE WALL. fail

The results are similar to most of Trump promises: the promise was not met. 40 miles of new wall, are you kidding me.

Trump’s ‘wall’ of fear, bigotry, ignorance, and hate is the perfect metaphor for Trump’s failed presidency.

you mean the wall that joe biden himself voted for twice???
Democrats and Republicans were building barriers on the border way before Trump.
Trump made a huge deal about it but did not do much more than Obama did.

I dont recall obama building 450 miles of wall,,,
Trump rebuild 410 miles of wall and built 40 miles of new wall for 15 billion dollars.

OK,,, and???

and those werent rebuilt they were replaced with an effective wall,,,
rebuilt = replaced

Trump had the House?

Is your memory so bad? When Trump won the presidential elections in 2016 Republicans won the House 241 seats to 194 for the Democrats. Quite a lead!

Trump’s failure to pass anything lasting besides tax cuts for corporations and the rich is an enduring indication of how uninterested and incompetent he was in actually governing or working with Congress. Had he proposed — as he said he would — an infrastructure jobs bill, he could have built an effective Congressional coalition immune to “RINO” obstruction. But he preferred to play to his ignorant base and further divide the country. The “Wall that Mexico will pay for” was another slogan / stunt that actually prevented permanent reforms and improvements in border security and immigration which could have and should have been achieved.
I remember the Democrats in every State were fighting against ICE and construction of a national barrier claiming it was up to the states and not up to the Feds.

Trump won by dividing the country and using partisan demagogy. He ruled the same way, creating hostility on all sides. I feared and expected it, but powerful elites, capitalists, state bureaucracies and minority Democrats were hoping he would become “more presidential.” He didn’t. He proceeded to antagonize almost every significant group in the country, often unnecessarily, and they understandably turned more and more against him. “He’s a moron” was the complaint of almost all who tried to work with him, who tried to prevent him from failing. Trump always lived in his own fantasy, generating conspiracy theories, drawing his supporters deeper and deeper into his own rabbit hole. In the end, with his electoral loss, he was left lashing out at his own party, his own disbelieving political allies, and encouraged his mob to “Stop the Steal,” which led them to attack Congress. A pathetic President, a despicable man, whose legacy will be only division and failure, and further decline for our nation.

-Trump promised a "big beautiful wall" the entire length of the 1,954 mile Mexico border
- As of December 452 miles of wall had been built. Only 40 miles of the wall, Trump built, is new. The rest was rebuilding wall and barriers that already existed. Fail

-Trump said he is a master builder and will build a "big Beautiful" cement wall. He spent millions trying multiple different types of wall
- Trump ended up using the same type of wall that was being built at the end of the Obama Presidency. None of his prototypes was used. fail

-The US government has paid out 15 billion dollars for the wall. A big portion of the funds came from budgets like the military budget, MEXICO DID NOT PAY ONE PENNY FOR THE WALL. fail

The results are similar to most of Trump promises: the promise was not met. 40 miles of new wall, are you kidding me.

Dickheads on the left opposed Trumps every attempt to build the wall and you know it. Go ask Pelosi and Schumer.
He had the house and the Senate the first two years years you dumbass. There is no excuse.
Plus what happened to eliminating Obamacare and replacing it with something better in the first 100 days.
The big deal maker could not make a deal with his own party. His own party would love to forget he was ever a Republican.

Trump had the House?

That is bullshit. Document your claim. They fought the wall but not putting it on the states.

Trump’s ‘wall’ of fear, bigotry, ignorance, and hate is the perfect metaphor for Trump’s failed presidency.

you mean the wall that joe biden himself voted for twice???
Democrats and Republicans were building barriers on the border way before Trump.
Trump made a huge deal about it but did not do much more than Obama did.

I dont recall obama building 450 miles of wall,,,
Trump rebuild 410 miles of wall and built 40 miles of new wall for 15 billion dollars.

OK,,, and???

and those werent rebuilt they were replaced with an effective wall,,,
rebuilt = replaced
Correct he replaced 410 miles and built 40 new miles.
In 2016 could you imagine what the reaction would be if Trump said "I will replace 410 miles of barriers on the Mexico border and build 40 NEW MILES, WOOHOO. And I will spend 15 billion dollars of US government funds and will pull money from the US defence budget.
But to make up for it I will mismanage a national pandemic so bad that nobody from Mexico or South America will want to come to the US, The countries south of the border managed COVID better than Trump.

Trump had the House?

That is bullshit. Document your claim. They fought the wall but not putting it on the states.
Thanks for admitting you don't check out the news everyday.
In fact, I remember all the Liberals here cheering Trump being stifled on this issue claiming that "Republicans suddenly are against State's Rights".
Either you're an outright liar on this or...actually, you're an outright liar.

Trump had the House?

In fact, I remember all the Liberals here cheering Trump being stifled on this issue claiming that "Republicans suddenly are against State's Rights".
documentation not your cheap ass words

Trump had the House?

You are an outright liar.
You were one of the scumbags screaming "State's Rights!".
It's not my problem you have dementia.

Trump had the House?

Trump wall - Wikipedia
Read that, you fucking lying ass idiot.

Dickheads on the left opposed Trumps every attempt to build the wall and you know it. Go ask Pelosi and Schumer.
He had the house and the Senate the first two years years you dumbass. There is no excuse.
Plus what happened to eliminating Obamacare and replacing it with something better in the first 100 days.
The big deal maker could not make a deal with his own party. His own party would love to forget he was ever a Republican.

Dem filibuster in the senate dumb ass, stop lying.

What did Obama’s wall stand for?

Trump had the House?

You are an outright liar.
You were one of the scumbags screaming "State's Rights!".
It's not my problem you have dementia.
Documentation dumbass. I am not a Democrat, I am an independent. You are delusional.

Dem filibuster in the senate dumb ass, stop lying.
documentation

Trump had the House?

Trump wall - Wikipedia
Read that, you fucking lying ass idiot.
Thanks, Wikipedia backs everything I said.

He did an amazing job considering that the democrats fought and blocked funding for it every step of the way! Any failures of it can be laid in THEIR laps.

Remember all those people that Soros bussed to our border? They are all sucking off of Mexico now.
Thank you Mr. President...
Soros bused them...(rolls eyes)

Why I’m Investing $500 Million in Migrants
I will invest in startups, established companies, social-impact initiatives and businesses founded by migrants and refugees.

Here is Soros' WSJ op ed
Why I’m Investing $500 Million in Migrants

You think they all walked here, don't you.. :slap:
What Soros is or is not, is one issue. We are talking about Donald Trump. Your response shows you cannot justify what Trump did or did not do so you bring up Soros.

Forum List

Back