How to stop the leftist take-over of our youth

The political indoctrination of our youth at the college level is the Left’s way of ensuring their “transformation” of America continues, first via their votes and then, within 10 or 15 years, their election to political office. Here’s how to stop it:

1. Keep Affirmative Action, but change the diversity goal: When you have 30 professors in the Sociology Department, all of whom are leftists, and 95% of professors throughout the college leftists, you have no diversity of thought. The goal should be 30% Democrat, 30% Republican, and 40% Independent.

2, Get rid of all “grievance” programs and classes: No more Black Studies majors, Women’s Studies majors, “the problem with whiteness” classes, etc.

These ideas above are to be credited to the author in the linked article here:

You must be joking right?

I see college as a way for people to just get more schooling and become more educated. I don't see colleges 'transforming' anyone into a Democrat, that is the person's personal choice. I know people who have college bachelors, masters, MBA's who came out of college still a conservative. I also know many who came out of college with a bachelors, master's, MBA's, PHD's who are Democrats. College just educates people. I had conservative as well as liberal college professors. You have plenty of diversity of thought at college, you are constantly being challenged with new ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different philosophies, different cultures, different religions. In many ways college actually gets rid of the brain washing caused by parents and family members. After college you are able to think for yourself and not be influenced so much by others. In high school I was a strong Republican, influenced too much by my family. After I got my bachelor's and master's I have been a very strong Democrat and remained that way ever since.

You think that professors should be hired/fired based on political affiliation?

I'm pretty sure the NAZIS did that in Germany
The Soviet Union used party loyalty to decide who did or did not get a job

Your "suggestion" would not increase diversity of thought it would, decrease diversity as those in the middle are forced to the extremes to preserve their standing.
Yes, in order to achieve the “diversity” that you leftists say is beneficial, we need to get some conservative professors on campus to represent the opposing view, encourage debate and independent thought, and make the campus a comfortable place for conservative students.

Afraid that might interfere with your college-indoctrination efforts?

You must be joking right?

I see college as a way for people to just get more schooling and become more educated. I don't see colleges 'transforming' anyone into a Democrat, that is the person's personal choice. I know people who have college bachelors, masters, MBA's who came out of college still a conservative. I also know many who came out of college with a bachelors, master's, MBA's, PHD's who are Democrats. College just educates people. I had conservative as well as liberal college professors. You have plenty of diversity of thought at college, you are constantly being challenged with new ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different philosophies, different cultures, different religions. In many ways college actually gets rid of the brain washing caused by parents and family members. After college you are able to think for yourself and not be influenced so much by others. In high school I was a strong Republican, influenced too much by my family. After I got my bachelor's and master's I have been a very strong Democrat and remained that way ever since.
You think that way because you ARE a Democrat. Right now, we have 95% of professors and admin staff Democrats, and college is now a place where students are indoctrinated into left-thinking.

And you say after college, “you are able to think for yourself”? Ha. You are allowed to “think for yourself” only if you agree with the liberal positions. You are hardly presented with different viewpoints - it’s all liberal, all the time,

You think that way because you ARE a Democrat. Right now, we have 95% of professors and admin staff Democrats, and college is now a place where students are indoctrinated into left-thinking.

And you say after college, “you are able to think for yourself”? Ha. You are allowed to “think for yourself” only if you agree with the liberal positions. You are hardly presented with different viewpoints - it’s all liberal, all the time,
I had my share of liberal professors while in college.

Are you in college? It's supposed to broaden your horizons and challenge you. ... make you think. Consider Joseph Smith in your reactionary stance.

I always had the ability to rationalize and think but thanks for your attempt to troll me.

Obviously you and others do not. You are completely unable to grasp that people will believe different things than you and it's not simply because of the way they are taught. Life experiences play a huge role also.

The parent of a small child might be bigoted towards people of different lifestyles until that small child grows up to be a part of these lifestyles.

Are you in college? It's supposed to broaden your horizons and challenge you. ... make you think. Consider Joseph Smith in your reactionary stance.
Yes, and that‘s why college should have different viewpoints allowed - not only leftist ones. You people sure get your feathers ruffled by the suggestion that college shouldn’t be bastion of liberal-think.

I can see it now.

Government: Please, take this test.

Government: Based upon the test scores, you, over there, you will be a plumber. You, over there, you are to be a college professor.......................................
That started that shit in the 1960s when I was in school.

Yes, and that‘s why college should have different viewpoints allowed - not only leftist ones. You people sure get your feathers ruffled by the suggestion that college shouldn’t be bastion of liberal-think.
Then start your own college.

Yes, in order to achieve the “diversity” that you leftists say is beneficial, we need to get some conservative professors on campus to represent the opposing view, encourage debate and independent thought, and make the campus a comfortable place for conservative students.

Afraid that might interfere with your college-indoctrination efforts?
Obviously you have never BEEN to college or you would know that there are plenty of conservative professors

Forum List

Back