CDZ How to go on from here.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Jul 5, 2012
There seem to be those who are convinced the pandemic is real and the measures justified and those who feel it is a plot. Either way, we have gone through this period and things are not as they were.
Economically, politically, socially, technologically, life from now on will have been modified.
It is fruitless to waste time on criticism of much of this. What we need to do is take stock of what changes are in place and how to maximize effort for better existence.
New meaning(s) for the word "flexibility" will be necessary for economics to deal with the situation.
Elected officials will have much to answer for and representative government may improve from resultant voter scrutiny.
Social consciousness and manners seem to have risen and that would be good to foster.
Technology plays into so much here that almost endless categories could be identified. Recognition of one's state of health, for example, can hardly be classified as invasion of privacy; all our instincts work to perceive the nature of anyone we exchange with, so such 'recognition' is constantly present and at work. That our perceptions be enhanced through electronic means is only a natural evolution.
There is enormous room here for just about any speculations. What will be interesting to see is which are the most on people's minds.

There seem to be those who are convinced the pandemic is real and the measures justified and those who feel it is a plot.
Would it surprise you to know that I am a little of both?

The pandemic is indeed real, but it can be a plot also. Why? Because nobody ever mentions the survival rate. Ever.

The play on fear is strong.

Look at how that play has devastated our economy.

Last edited:
Some people will go back out into the world and some will continue to stay home. Everyone wins in the end. I bet 50 percent just go back, 30 percent follow strict guidelines longer and the other 20 do a combo. This will be a good thing.

There seem to be those who are convinced the pandemic is real and the measures justified and those who feel it is a plot.

The pandemic is indeed real, but it can be a plot also. Why? Because nobody ever mentions the survival rate. Ever.

Look how that play has devastated our economy.
Hadn't thought about it exactly that way, but certainly some plotting has been taking place at least since the virus emerged. Plots of various kinds and with often unclear goals.

There seem to be those who are convinced the pandemic is real and the measures justified and those who feel it is a plot. Either way, we have gone through this period and things are not as they were.
Economically, politically, socially, technologically, life from now on will have been modified.
It is fruitless to waste time on criticism of much of this. What we need to do is take stock of what changes are in place and how to maximize effort for better existence.
New meaning(s) for the word "flexibility" will be necessary for economics to deal with the situation.
Elected officials will have much to answer for and representative government may improve from resultant voter scrutiny.
Social consciousness and manners seem to have risen and that would be good to foster.
Technology plays into so much here that almost endless categories could be identified. Recognition of one's state of health, for example, can hardly be classified as invasion of privacy; all our instincts work to perceive the nature of anyone we exchange with, so such 'recognition' is constantly present and at work. That our perceptions be enhanced through electronic means is only a natural evolution.
There is enormous room here for just about any speculations. What will be interesting to see is which are the most on people's minds.
Good stuff.

It may very well be that I'm becoming too cynical, but I'm seeing two parallel but competing issues here: First is thoughtful, humble, pragmatic, forward-looking sentiment you express, as you examine where we are and wonder where we're going. Second is the wasteful, pugilistic attacking and political finger-pointing that now comprise at least 90% of our public conversation on important issues. I don't know how the former can outpace or outshine the latter.

But, let's say it does.

I do think there will be some cultural/social changes in the way we (a) move and behave in public, (b) maintain expectations on our elected "leaders" to manage the balance of freedom and public safety, and (c) hold both public and private organizations to a higher standard in reacting to and addressing these kinds of problems in the future. I'd bet that processes and communication structures have improved as a result of this disaster, and that bodes well for the future.

We'll see changes in the business world, too. Every indication is that we're finding many people can be effective and productive working from home, for example, and that could lead to profound changes in hiring and employment practices. Business travel will almost certainly decrease to a degree. On and on.

My guess is that the positive developments and changes we've seen over the last couple of months could well be permanent and very useful in the future. I only hope that we can somehow culturally marginalize those whose highest priority is "beating" the other tribe, so that they can retard progress as little as possible.

Politicians have, indeed, fully seized upon this occasion to pour on the maximum of accusation and vilification. Hopefully this will be recognized by the electorate as a ridiculous diversion from real effort and work.
Intimacy has definitely matured. Superficial display has taken a back seat while true, trusted relationship has deepened and become more precious.

Quick: how many Americans served in VietNam? You don’t know. Quick: How Many Americans died in VietNam? We all know.

News never reports how many survive.

This isn’t some ploy.

Working from home is definitely here to stay. It will costs some businesses less because they will save on renting office space and workers avoid a commute.

But from the perspective of posture; we will give it the old 9/11 treatment. Huge ramp up after the crisis hits then a failing of leadership to understand why we were so ill prepared.

Some people will go back out into the world and some will continue to stay home. Everyone wins in the end. I bet 50 percent just go back, 30 percent follow strict guidelines longer and the other 20 do a combo. This will be a good thing.
I think no one wins in the end unless and until our economy becomes vibrant and prosperous once again and sooner than later. We are hanging from a cliff right now.

As far as quality customer service representatives go in business it has been my great displeasure talking to them as they work from home as I am forced to overhear dogs barking as well as children in the background. And often these reps, formerly from a physical office, sound unenergetic and just plain tired although several others for which English is their second language still sound professional, many still difficult to understand even though pressing an ear to the phone helps a little. I have occasionally complimented them on their impressive English skills then asked them to speak a little more slowly so I don't have to consistently ask them to "please repeat that last sentence, or the word", whichever the case.

This has been my experience. I think quality customer service per telephone will be improved when and if these employees go back to a physical place of work, meanwhile I try to be patient and understanding and just downright grateful I can reach live information at all. I'm sure many of these taxpayers are struggling to work from home, too. There would be a loss of energy, social integration, and momentum for starters.

Every day for most of my life, I remind myself of the wisdom contained in this song title: These are the good old days.

I remain conflicted, to many people abandoned all or most safety rules with the reopening of business, as if was an all clear call. once again putting everything & every one in danger. Making it all political them against us. in this situation we would be best served working together. the hate is helping to kill us.

I don’t think it is a plot.

Why? Because everyone has something to lose here. All elected officials will have to answer to their constituents for both the economy and public health. Red and Blue alike.

Public health is more concerned with death rates and rate of infection. The public in general is more concerned with deathrates at this time. As more testing is done, more and better data will become available, and survival rates and death rates more accurate.

I suppose it is also a way of choosing how to frame it. We know the survival rate by the death rate and vice versa. What isn’t good is how politicized this has become...to the point where we believe pundits and politicians over infectious disease experts. To the point where we resort to trashing scientists’ reputation and character (there was even a sexual assault allegation against Fauci that she later admited she was paid to make). This politicizing has left us struggling for a coherent strategy and frustrates both people and business And governors looking for clear guidelines.

Quick: how many Americans served in VietNam? You don’t know. Quick: How Many Americans died in VietNam? We all know.

News never reports how many survive.

This isn’t some ploy.
1. 2,709,918 Americans served in Vietnam
2. How many Americans died in Vietnam? 58,202
3. Do simple math.
4. 2,709,918 - 58,202
5. The result will be how many survived.

You don't need news to educate you every step of the way. You could simply try educating yourself for a change.

I think no one wins in the end unless and until our economy becomes vibrant and prosperous once again and sooner than later. We are hanging from a cliff right now.

As far as quality customer service representatives go in business it has been my great displeasure talking to them as they work from home as I am forced to overhear dogs barking as well as children in the background. And often these reps, formerly from a physical office, sound unenergetic and just plain tired although several others for which English is their second language still sound professional, many still difficult to understand even though pressing an ear to the phone helps a little. I have occasionally complimented them on their impressive English skills then asked them to speak a little more slowly so I don't have to consistently ask them to "please repeat that last sentence, or the word", whichever the case.

This has been my experience. I think quality customer service per telephone will be improved when and if these employees go back to a physical place of work, meanwhile I try to be patient and understanding and just downright grateful I can reach live information at all. I'm sure many of these taxpayers are struggling to work from home, too. There would be a loss of energy, social integration, and momentum for starters.

Every day for most of my life, I remind myself of the wisdom contained in this song title: These are the good old days.
I agree. have been working from home and the distractions are many and exhausting. I am not a fan of it for many reasons. My sympathy goes to those who are not only working from home but having to homeschool children as well.

Why? Because everyone has something to lose here.

Interesting. Both you and CC took me out of context. Again. I am beginning to think this is intentional.

When one purposefully leaves out the positive results (the survival rate of COVID-19) and stresses the negative (how many have it, how many died from it), that within itself is a plot. A ploy. To keep the masses huddled in fear, to do your political bidding. Fear has been an effective governing tool thoughout the ages.

Last edited:
Public health is more concerned with death rates and rate of infection. The public in general is more concerned with deathrates at this time.

Public health also relies on the economic and fiscal wellbeing of the population. You can already see the public becoming more disinterested in the rates of death and infection day by day and more concerned with how they will sustain themselves.

Why? Because everyone has something to lose here.
the pharmacabal has everything to gain, goggle this GPMB , they were biting at the bridle over possible pandemics since their inception (2018?)

just one of the pandemic profiteers , plot or no plot

~S~

Forum List

Back