How to get to heaven...

Gracie, there is a lot to the Bible. It can be overwhelming and daunting. And I know you're skeptical, but there were men that sat and listened to Jesus teach. If you want to know Jesus and not religion, read John.
There will be questions and things that may not be apparent at first. You have to know for instance what the "fig tree" represents, or why Christ was crucified on Jewish Passover..... So ask lots of questions.
And ask God for wisdom. It's a good gift. It makes understanding come easier and quicker. Solomon asked God to teach him things in his sleep, and God did. So read a passage. Something Jesus said and dwell on it before you doze off. If you keep your mind on Him it is like a conduit. You'll start to get hungry for more answers and more understanding and you'll seek out both and be satisfied.

Men sat in a room full of Biblical writings that would reach to the ceiling if all were bound together, and asked God to determine what was to go into His Book. God's response was the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God compiled the Book. What wasn't included was still kept and can be referred to but what is in the Bible was inspired by God. And you can tell because it all fits together like a glove.

No, it does not!

Other than that, I agree. Definitely do not read Luke!

Never mind. I googled it.
The Roman Catholic Church. Gotcha. Um hm. Okey dokey.

Nuff said.

Here's the thing, God tells us that he takes what is meant for evil and uses it for good.

King James was a real a-hole, but His Bile is very very close to the original. That it would be that creep that ordered it proves what God said about Himself! :eusa_angel:

Gracie, there is a lot to the Bible. It can be overwhelming and daunting. And I know you're skeptical, but there were men that sat and listened to Jesus teach. If you want to know Jesus and not religion, read John.
There will be questions and things that may not be apparent at first. You have to know for instance what the "fig tree" represents, or why Christ was crucified on Jewish Passover..... So ask lots of questions.
And ask God for wisdom. It's a good gift. It makes understanding come easier and quicker. Solomon asked God to teach him things in his sleep, and God did. So read a passage. Something Jesus said and dwell on it before you doze off. If you keep your mind on Him it is like a conduit. You'll start to get hungry for more answers and more understanding and you'll seek out both and be satisfied.

Men sat in a room full of Biblical writings that would reach to the ceiling if all were bound together, and asked God to determine what was to go into His Book. God's response was the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God compiled the Book. What wasn't included was still kept and can be referred to but what is in the Bible was inspired by God. And you can tell because it all fits together like a glove.

No, it does not!

What is wrong with Luke?

No, it does not!

What is wrong with Luke?

Nothing. Irish was just suggesting which of the Gospel's to start with if you care about Jesus and not the religion that goes with it. Luke does not work as well as John does for that purpose. In fact, Luke is probably the worst of the four in that regard.

Thanks for the suggestion, Irish. Yes, I am skeptical. I am also not wanting to read a book put together by man for man, of what another man said and wrote down but may have had some kind of agenda and left crucial things out. And maybe that is what is wrong with the whole thing. Why so many wars are fought, so much division, so many different "churches" that supposedly follow Christ. Because it all ISN'T THERE. Maybe we don't know squat about what it says because we are not meant to know. Except for the agendas of whomever put that book together, claimed it was God's word, then left the ceiling high other "reports" there to be burned, destroyed or left to turn to dust.

I know this disappoints you Irish, and I am sorry. But I cannot put much faith into a book such as that.

I might take a peek at John. I think I have a bible around here somewhere. I also have google.

No, it does not!

What is wrong with Luke?

Nothing. Irish was just suggesting which of the Gospel's to start with if you care about Jesus and not the religion that goes with it. Luke does not work as well as John does for that purpose. In fact, Luke is probably the worst of the four in that regard.

John represents the Church, Mark represents the worker, Luke represents the Greek or the intellectual, and Matthew represents the Jew.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If God had wanted us to believe that Judas was saintly, he would have given us more information on his death.....

Ah, christian logic.....Enoch, Elijah, Melchizedek must be on the level of Judas.... Here's a clue, Jesus said to Judas, "Go and do what you MUST do."

Only four out of twelve disciples have scriptures in the bible. Yet the guy that killed and persecuted chistians, wrote half of the New Testament.

Never mind. I googled it.
The Roman Catholic Church. Gotcha. Um hm. Okey dokey.

Nuff said.

Here's the thing, God tells us that he takes what is meant for evil and uses it for good.

King James was a real a-hole, but His Bile is very very close to the original. That it would be that creep that ordered it proves what God said about Himself! :eusa_angel:

except it was adapted.

How Jesus described it? With all of the destruction and death and stuff? And by the way, Revelation is technically scripture.

Read the Gospels and you will find out. Revelation is not Gospels, it is a totally separate part of the Bible.

I know that! I am a flipping Catholic after all. Revelation is the last book in the Bible, located immediately following Jude. It is not Gospels, but I never claimed that. It is still, nonetheless, scripture.

:cuckoo:

quit reading wikipedia and start reading some REAL books.

Canon Schmanon. I wanted a simple question answered. Had to go find it myself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW1ji584RmE&feature=player_embedded]260. How Can We Be Sure The Right Books Got Into The Bible? - YouTube[/ame]

Like mine. Nobody would worship Jesus if he hadn't died on the cross. If not for Judas, half of the Old Testament prophecies wouldn't have been fulfilled. How well do you think the early Catholic Church would have survived if not for being able to claim that Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament? The Chief Priests and elders would have a much easier time trying to dismantle the religion piece by piece.

BS.

The problem of Judas is not only that he betrayed Jesus, but that he never repented - and he has had time and the possibility. He did regret what he did and threw the money back, but he did not come back to Jesus and committed suicide. Yet nobody knows what was he thinking the last few moments and therefore it is a great enigma, which we will learn about on the other side.

Still doesn't make Judas a hero or a "saint" as you have proposed - that is a BS

As you said, nobody knows what Judas thought in his final seconds. How can you know he did not repent? Maybe God told him the only way to save his soul was to sacrifice his life in payment. Hell, Jesus let himself be killed so that we all could be saved of our sins, how is that any different than suicide?

I DO NOT - and that is why I named it the greatest ENIGMA.

We do not know and will find out only after we are there.

Whose idea was it for you to be baptized? Is it something you wanted?

I told you this story before somewhere else but it was years ago. And we both are getting old, girly, lol.
Some preacher came to the door with his flock of women. Daddy was in the den, mom at work. When he saw it was the preacher, he left me with them because Daddy was very much christian and read the bible every night. He trusted me with them. They commenced to tell me how I needed to be saved, that I needed to be baptized (I didn't even know what that was cuz I didn't go to church. All I knew was I had God as my friend that I wrote notes to. Dad never asked me to go to church..he figured if I wanted to, I would say so. Even then, I was content to have my personal relationship with God in a different way. In climbing trees, listening to birds, laying in gras and staring at clouds sometimes crying because they were so beautiful, etc etc). No, I did not ask to be baptized. No, I didn't want it. Didn't think I needed it. Why be dunked in water to be closer to someone I already felt close to? But they scared the shit out of me. What if God was angry because I was not dunked? What if He would punish me? Would He still be my friend? So I agreed.

Dad wanted Mom to close the business so he could be baptized in the river jordan. For reals. But she always said she didn't want to travel there or close the store. So he never got to go.

Years later....my sister attended a church and it was a small town. The preacher told her Dad was in hell because he owned a bar and served alcohol. She got up and left because he said it in front of the congregation and all the lemmings nodded their head as he preached about how Dad was burning. She never went back. However, she does attend a church now, somewhere. I never asked where. She and I are not that close.

No, I will not be baptized again. I see no need. But that is MY path. I don't like churches. My yard is my church.

Honey Gracie, you can baptize yourself in the shower. You don't need a church or an audience. My husband and I were baptized in the creek in front of the house. In December. We had to break through the ice. :eek: oh baby. I baptized the youth group kids in that creek. My loyal Newfi was always right there beside them. They baptized others there.
You need: you, a bath tub, pond, creek, or ocean, a grateful heart, and a desire to live for Christ. You have to believe that: 1. you are a sinner, and 2. that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, paid for your sins so that nothing could stand between you and your loving Dad. And you desire that gift of Grace, Christ offers you. And you thank Him.

And ask for a portion of God's Holy Spirit, another gift. As sweet as your heart already is, it will feel new and refreshed coming up out of that water. It will be a heart for the one that loved you first. Your brother, the Messiah. :eusa_angel:

Christ called our Father, Abba. It describes a closer relationship than Dad, and not nearly as formal as Father. He is All Mighty to some, but to those that draw near Him He is All Mighty and Daddy. We are so blessed.
Merry Christmas to you every day Gracie. You certainly are your Daddy's daughter. :smiliehug:

actually one does not even need a pond or a creek.
Puddle water will suffice in extreme circumstances.

Kinda off topic...sorta.

But isn't there a Gospel Of Judas that was NOT included in the bible...along with the Gospel Of May?....and a few others? And WHO chose which gospels would go in the book to begin with? So to this day, the bible so worshipped is missing a few key pieces of the whole story, right?

Kinda like reading a whodunnit, but the last few chapters were torn out so nobody truly knows how it ended...or better yet...evidence destroyed because someone didn't want that evidence submitted. And for all these hundreds of years, everyone has been clutching a book that is not complete.

Just something to think about.

there are plenty of stories written throughout the ages. You know, writers did not appear in the XIX century.

Does not mean everything written has to be believed.
Obviously there are stories which suit people more than others ;)

Not addressed at anybody in particular - just in general.

THis all discussion is a result of the deterioration of general level of education.

100 years ago people graduating the high school or gymnasium or lyceum would have enough education to know WHY numerous written stories throughout the ages were not considered reliable and never made it to the official Bible.

Because they would know the history of ancient, medieval and modern times not just in a scope of 2 page quiz.
Same is pertinent for literature, geography, logic, theology and all other deemed unnecessary subjects nowadays

That is why in the second part of XX century the most easy way to get oneself fame and money was to publish a "revolutionary discovery" in history or theology based on the most nonsensical theory possible.
Gosh, some people in all honesty consider "da vinci's code" to be a possible theory, not a money making fictional book :lol:

To be fair that tendency involves not history or theology only.
It involves almost all possible areas of human activity - and therefore we have HIV deniers, anti-vaccine hysteria and AGW :D

The general public is dumb, or rather uneducated, and therefore selling them ANYTHING as the ultimate truth became possible.

Still does not make "conspiracy theories" in the area of theology more reliable than the ones in the medicine field.

Does not mean that even brilliant people do not get hooked by misinformation ( even if their own life is at stake) - the tragic history of Steve Jobs is the glaring example how the most intelligent ( at least in one area) people can be total idiots when it comes to something they have no idea about...

God's opinion? You have God's opinion? Well then my arguments are most certainly invalid! How do you know God did not sanction him a saint? Does God descend from heaven to speak with you in person? Or does he send an angel to do it for him?
If God had wanted us to believe that Judas was saintly, he would have given us more information on his death.....there is no record of his asking forgiveness, repenting could just mean he was sorry he got caught. And you are right, we don't know, but I'll be surprised to see Judas in heaven.

God's opinion trumps anyone else's opinion, especially yours.
Oh, is that so? What is the point of "free will" if our words mean nothing? If the voice of change and logic and difference is automatically rejected and ridiculed? Why does our omnipotent God need worthless human slaves for anyway?

A Christian southern plantation owner who beat his slaves repeatedly could call them his "children." And if he told the slaves that long enough, they might even come to believe it.

Okay, so you're comparing a Souther plantation owner to God, yeah, much in common.

Last edited:
No, it does not!

What is wrong with Luke?

I didn't say the religion that goes with it. I said religion. You don't need a church to find Christ. You do need a Bible however, to tell you who He is, what He said, what He did, who the Church is, and His doctrine. The rest will fall into place.

If you want to know Christ, read John. I would suggest that to anyone who wants an understanding of Christ, but has been soured by "religion". Redemption comes from Christ, not the Methodists, or Catholics or the Presbyterians. Know Him and you will become His Church.

The King James Bible is very close to the original, < which when you start to learn more, you will be visiting to make sure the full meaning of the text is revealed. If you are so studious that you want perfection in understanding, buy a Bible that also has the Greek and Hebrew texts included.
But for starters, just search out Jesus. For that the NKJ is fine. :eusa_angel:

Kinda off topic...sorta.

But isn't there a Gospel Of Judas that was NOT included in the bible...along with the Gospel Of May?....and a few others? And WHO chose which gospels would go in the book to begin with? So to this day, the bible so worshipped is missing a few key pieces of the whole story, right?

Kinda like reading a whodunnit, but the last few chapters were torn out so nobody truly knows how it ended...or better yet...evidence destroyed because someone didn't want that evidence submitted. And for all these hundreds of years, everyone has been clutching a book that is not complete.

Just something to think about.

there are plenty of stories written throughout the ages. You know, writers did not appear in the XIX century.

Does not mean everything written has to be believed.
Obviously there are stories which suit people more than others ;)

Do you question who killed Julius Caesar? How do you know about the event?
Where is the skepticism of the men who described the death of Caesar? There is more written about Christ than Julius.

The disciples started preaching Jesus as soon as He died, returned, and ascended. They were eye witnesses. Their accounts spread quickly.
When the events they described took place, the city they took place in was packed and overflowing with pilgrims. What you won't find are their denials or disputing of the events described in the Gospels. There should have been many rebuttals as the pilgrim's returned to their own lands. To the contrary, there were droves of converts instead.

If you read that your neighbor just made an astounding trip to Mars, and the media was all over it, wouldn't you be inclined to tell the reporters that he was actually in the Bahamas on vacation?
Such a claim about Christ's return should have been met with stories to the contrary. Instead we have confirmation from the most unlikely source. The Temple Priests. :eek:

Last edited:
I found something today on Pinterest that just slid to home base with me. So I repinned it to my Soul Candy collection. wanna see?

abaebfcacac2d6c248bf25ff11154f9a.jpg

Forum List

Back