How the GOP Insiders Plan to Steal the Nod From Trump

I saw this on MSNBC last night but can not find the GOP senator news story who said , even if Trump wins the delegates they can ignore the win and place who they want it in in place.

This is why Trump is popular, these guys are crooked as hell.

Confiscating what the people want, and who they voted in should be illegal ..

There are many great aphorisms in politics but this one may be the key to who ends up President: he who knows the rules, rules. Right now, it’s Reince and the Racketeers who know them best. Beware Republicans: the big steal is coming.

"The power-brokers short term game is clear; stall Trump just short of the magic number of delegates needed to be nominated on the first ballot with the knowledge that many delegates bound on the first ballot by Trump primary and caucus victories would be unbound on a second ballot. Much in the way the RNC stacked the galleries with anti-Trump partisans in the last two debates, anti-Trump quislings are be planted in various delegations that will be free to betray Trump on subsequent ballots."

How the GOP Insiders Plan to Steal the Nod From Trump - Breitbart

The only way it will happen is if there is a brokered convention because Trump did not get enough delegates to win it outright.

Now if that happens then you can bet Trump nor Cruz will be the Nominee and it will be Rubio or Kasich and Trump will run third party and the Senate will turn Democratic for sure and Hillary will be President even though I wish the Democratic Party would run Bernie Sanders instead...
I'm not sure that's quite right. From what I've heard and read, the gop establishment thinking is the one sure way, and maybe only way, to hold the senate is to somehow deny Trump the nomination and have him run as a third party candidate BECAUSE, the thinking goes, that both Trump and establishment voters will vote gop in battleground senate elections.

What I've wondered is - assuming Trump gets 50%plus1, and is the nominee, could the money guys get an indep establishment candidate to run as a third party to attract enough senate votes in sort of the same way. I'm not sure such a person exists. It would be the end of his or her political career, I'd think. Jeb has none, but nobody likes Jeb besides his mother, and maybe his dog

If the Establishment want to go the route of supporting a third party candidate then they should just back Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket.

Johnson has no chance of winning and even though he still considers himself a Republican he is now a Libertarian.

Johnson was able to get over a million votes in 2012 and with the backing of certain GOP members could get more, and it could keep the Senate GOP...

My personal opinion is if the GOP Primary and Caucus voter nominates Trump then back him, and do not pull support. It will hurt the party if they pull a stunt like a brokered convention that could deny Trump the nomination, or backing a third party candidate.

As for Jeb Bush his political career is over. He should just give lectures and prep his son for the Governor Seat here in Texas and forget about being President. George W. Bush ruined Jeb chances, and in today political climate Jeb is no longer a Republican that can win a nomination.
I absolutely agree that many, and probably most, Trump supporters would not vote for a goper nominee other than Trump. However, if Trump had not won 50%plus1, and they still feel something has been unfairly denied, their emotion would not really be rational.

Now, if they just don't want to vote for Anyone else either because they really like Trump (God forbid LOL) or they just think the nominee is establishment, and they don't like the establishment ... it's a free country (sort of)
I wonder if the Berney Sanders people would vote for trump if they don't want Hillary,

I am so disgusted with the two political parties that I am actually going to vote for Gary Johnson, and do not care what Democrats or Republicans think.

I would rather have four years of Sanders before getting stuck with Hillary and I would rather have Trump over Cruz, and if it is a choice between Trump and Sanders ( not going to happen ) then give me Sanders and a GOP House and Senate for four years...

I can not understand why on Earth would the Democratic Party run Hillary Clinton when anyone with any commonsense would understand if she win the GOP House will be wanting to impeach her the moment she is sworn in, so why put the Country through this except to play a political game that could backfire on either side!

This country is in a major mess and if the Founding Fathers were alive I believe they would give us back to England or worst sell us to Russia for three magic beans, and scrap the idea of creating this fine nation!

The only way it will happen is if there is a brokered convention because Trump did not get enough delegates to win it outright.

Now if that happens then you can bet Trump nor Cruz will be the Nominee and it will be Rubio or Kasich and Trump will run third party and the Senate will turn Democratic for sure and Hillary will be President even though I wish the Democratic Party would run Bernie Sanders instead...
I'm not sure that's quite right. From what I've heard and read, the gop establishment thinking is the one sure way, and maybe only way, to hold the senate is to somehow deny Trump the nomination and have him run as a third party candidate BECAUSE, the thinking goes, that both Trump and establishment voters will vote gop in battleground senate elections.

What I've wondered is - assuming Trump gets 50%plus1, and is the nominee, could the money guys get an indep establishment candidate to run as a third party to attract enough senate votes in sort of the same way. I'm not sure such a person exists. It would be the end of his or her political career, I'd think. Jeb has none, but nobody likes Jeb besides his mother, and maybe his dog

If the Establishment want to go the route of supporting a third party candidate then they should just back Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket.

Johnson has no chance of winning and even though he still considers himself a Republican he is now a Libertarian.

Johnson was able to get over a million votes in 2012 and with the backing of certain GOP members could get more, and it could keep the Senate GOP...

My personal opinion is if the GOP Primary and Caucus voter nominates Trump then back him, and do not pull support. It will hurt the party if they pull a stunt like a brokered convention that could deny Trump the nomination, or backing a third party candidate.

As for Jeb Bush his political career is over. He should just give lectures and prep his son for the Governor Seat here in Texas and forget about being President. George W. Bush ruined Jeb chances, and in today political climate Jeb is no longer a Republican that can win a nomination.
I absolutely agree that many, and probably most, Trump supporters would not vote for a goper nominee other than Trump. However, if Trump had not won 50%plus1, and they still feel something has been unfairly denied, their emotion would not really be rational.

Now, if they just don't want to vote for Anyone else either because they really like Trump (God forbid LOL) or they just think the nominee is establishment, and they don't like the establishment ... it's a free country (sort of)
I wonder if the Berney Sanders people would vote for trump if they don't want Hillary,

I am so disgusted with the two political parties that I am actually going to vote for Gary Johnson, and do not care what Democrats or Republicans think.

I would rather have four years of Sanders before getting stuck with Hillary and I would rather have Trump over Cruz, and if it is a choice between Trump and Sanders ( not going to happen ) then give me Sanders and a GOP House and Senate for four years...

I can not understand why on Earth would the Democratic Party run Hillary Clinton when anyone with any commonsense would understand if she win the GOP House will be wanting to impeach her the moment she is sworn in, so why put the Country through this except to play a political game that could backfire on either side!

This country is in a major mess and if the Founding Fathers were alive I believe they would give us back to England or worst sell us to Russia for three magic beans, and scrap the idea of creating this fine nation!

I think they ran her was because of her husband ... If she was a no body without any contention to Bill she would have been gone along time ago.
As her campaign continues, she is picking up steam and there is no stopping her. I seriously think with all the turmoil on the right , republicans will either not vote or like you vote for someone who could never win because we are pissed off..
I do think Hillary has a huge chance of winning..

We have to get away from this big money, and career politicians .

Trump supporters are buying into the MSNBC Koolaid now?

Will wonders ever cease? LOL

This whole thread and narrative is ridiculous. They are suggesting that the number 1 and 2 candidates who the establishment despises are the wrong people, but they can't push any of their buttkissers past them. How asinine of a theory is that?

Do we all realize that Democrats are crossing the aisle to vote for Trump? Seriously, who ever has heard of such a thing since Reagan! It is almost surreal that both party's want him gone because he is not either one of their "good ole boys." He also is in their sights because the Republicans want cheap, illegal, labor; and the Democrats want more voters.

A lot of the NORMAL Democrats will vote for this guy. Far left? Not so much. You would think that the GOP would find a way to make this work, but it is all about them, and the Democrat power combined. Together, they rule Washington DC, and they would rather kiss each others ass** then give the people what they want, then control him if he gets out of line.

That should tell everyone what these people think of you, the voter. If they can't manipulate your thought process, you are a wingnut, or a traitor lefty, maybe Uncle Tom, possibly a teabagger.....but never a concerned American who loves their country.

Anyway, if Trump wins Florida, and with most states going to winner take all starting March 15th, unless they pull a surprise, I can't see them stopping him. If they don't want to support who their voters chose, then it is time to collapse the GOP, and start from scratch. A whole lot of independents would like it, along with Democrats, and disenfranchised GOP.

I believe we could make a deal far easier, than these two power hungry entities could, and that probably scares the hell out of both of them!

You do not understand the depth of hatred the neocon GOP establishment has for Cruz and Trump nor how much Trump threatens their control of the GOP.

To maintain control, they would happily throw this election without a second thought, trust me.

I saw this on MSNBC last night but can not find the GOP senator news story who said , even if Trump wins the delegates they can ignore the win and place who they want it in in place.

There are many great aphorisms in politics but this one may be the key to who ends up President: he who knows the rules, rules. Right now, it’s Reince and the Racketeers who know them best. Beware Republicans: the big steal is coming.

"The power-brokers short term game is clear; stall Trump just short of the magic number of delegates needed to be nominated on the first ballot with the knowledge that many delegates bound on the first ballot by Trump primary and caucus victories would be unbound on a second ballot. Much in the way the RNC stacked the galleries with anti-Trump partisans in the last two debates, anti-Trump quislings are be planted in various delegations that will be free to betray Trump on subsequent ballots."

Won't happen. The GOP are not dumb enough to try something like this. Any attempt to bypass what the GOP members have voted for in this manner will have dire consequences. The GOP would rather have Trump as their nominee than suffer what will happen if they ignore the majority of the members of the GOP who have voted for Trump. It's looking like a Trump vs. Clinton battle at this point.
what "dire" consequences will happen?

Should the GOP ignore the will of the voters and participants of the Caucasus they will lose support for many years to come from their supporters. If the GOP didn't want Trump, they should have thought about it and not let him run as a Republican from the beginning.
the gop believes they 'have you' lock stock and barrel, after 3 decades of brainwashing you in to thinking that any Democrat is the equivalent of the anti christ... you'll have to continue to vote for GOPers in the senate and House and governorships....

I think they ran her was because of her husband ... If she was a no body without any contention to Bill she would have been gone along time ago.
As her campaign continues, she is picking up steam and there is no stopping her. I seriously think with all the turmoil on the right , republicans will either not vote or like you vote for someone who could never win because we are pissed off..

Hello? she has more experience than any other candidate in the race, other than Bernie who was not a Democrat until this year...

She was a US Senator for two terms...maybe the first one she got cuz of name recognition, but her second run she won every county in the State with the exception of the one county the Republican candidate lived in....that means she won all of the Republican counties in upstate New York, and the second time, she won on MERIT, not on her husband's coat tails, and she was Secretary of State for 4 years, voted in by the Senate, 98 to 2, so all Republicans who had worked with her in the Senate knew she was qualified and a doer, not a diddler.... if Republicans thought she was not qualified, then they would have borught out 'the usual suspects' and started their false accusations of she is a liar, can't be trusted, murderers, thieves etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...that they always say about the Clintons from their play book.

There is no one on the Republican side of candidates worth talking about that has her experience...

Hello? she has more experience than any other candidate in the race, ...

Yeah, but I think most of us want candidates with SUCCESSFUL experience.

Wanna push a rest button from Hillary? Or trust her with your life? Or negotiate your salary for you?

roflmao, not me friend.

Hello? she has more experience than any other candidate in the race, ...

Yeah, but I think most of us want candidates with SUCCESSFUL experience.

Wanna push a rest button from Hillary? Or trust her with your life? Or negotiate your salary for you?

roflmao, not me friend.
that's only because you've been brain washed over the years by the repetitive lies of the GOP/RNC critters, the same crookedness they are showing now, towards Mr. Trump....but hey, go on and believe all those lies they've told about Hillary,

but imo, if you continue to trust them, these back stabbers of Trump, then that's on you....

that's only because you've been brain washed over the years by the repetitive lies of the GOP/RNC critters, the same crookedness they are showing now, towards Mr. Trump....but hey, go on and believe all those lies they've told about Hillary,

but imo, if you continue to trust them, these back stabbers of Trump, then that's on you....

Hillary has been quoted saying some of the most horrendous things, like calling people 'God damned Jews' and 'Jew bastards'.

No security details like working for her as she talks shit to them all the time.

I disagree with her pandering to ethnic subgroups and I think it is destroying the country, though she is far from alone in this.

She has an extensive record of giving speeches for Wall Street banks that pay her six figures for them, and she is taking gifts for her charity from not only banks and corporations but foreign governments as well.

She is incompetent, damn, cant even get her 'rest button' translated into correct Russian.

I could go on,but I doubt it would have any impact on your opinion. And I do not like FOX news and get most of my news from the internet. though I do like Fox and Friends if I get up that freaking early and Lou Dobbs, the last true professional journalist alive.

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Hillary has been quoted saying some of the most horrendous things, like calling people 'God damned Jews' and 'Jew bastards'.

No security details like working for her as she talks shit to them all the time.

I disagree with her pandering to ethnic subgroups and I think it is destroying the country, though she is far from alone in this.

She has an extensive record of giving speeches for Wall Street banks that pay her six figures for them, and she is taking gifts for her charity from not only banks and corporations but foreign governments as well.

She is incompetent, damn, cant even get her 'rest button' translated into correct Russian.

I could go on,but I doubt it would have any impact on your opinion. And I do not like FOX news and get most of my news from the internet. though I do like Fox and Friends if I get up that freaking early and Lou Dobbs, the last true professional journalist alive.

Actually she hasn't been quoted except by rightwingers trying to sell books, no recordings or videos or even 2 people or security guards being witnesses together, to her saying the things you claim they have claimed....

She was not working for the gvt when she made her speeches, she was a private citizen, and this was her way of earning her living...universities/colleges/businesses/wallstreet/whomever.... why would you want to take her living means away from her?

you can NOT say no security details liked working with her....you have no idea how many security details she has had.... you know of one security guard or two, out to make money or get their 15 minutes of fame, NOT even close to all of her security details....

What was the purpose for these supposedly professional security guys spilling the beans about one of their clients??? Come onnnn, that's as UNPROFESSIONAL as a security agent can be, talking about who they were to protect....so, I've deducted it's a lie for a political reason or for that illustrious 15 mins fame....especially without recordings or any indication in any instance where she slipped and showed that kind of vileness that they claim towards Jews, in public. There has been nothing of the sort with her in the decades I've watched her...

Has she been perfect? Heck no, but who has? No human but Christ.

"Quislings"

lol

Hilarious

Quit whining about the rules. If Trump doesn't win 1237 delegates, he's not the nominee and he is owed jack shit.

If he wins 1237+ delegates, then he should be the nominee.

Those are the rules.

End of story.

Right and they are all honest....I am not whining I am fucking talking about it...This is a political message board isn't it. Try looking at the news once in a while and see what the GOP is saying ..trying to find way to expel him if he gets the delegates, not the fucking rules. I am talking about Corruption in the government...

Your argument is garbage.

You said that if Trump has the delegates, they can ignore the win.

Wrong.

If Trump wins 1237 delegates, he wins.

End. Of. Story.

If he doesn't win 1237 delegates, he doesn't win the nomination.

Full stop.

If Trump wins 1150 delegates, say, absolutely nobody in the party owes him anything, just like any other candidate. The people in the party can do anything they want within the boundaries of the rules to stop him if he's not at 1237.

That's not corruption. That's politics. Quit whining about it.

Toro, you dont seem to be familiar with the power of the chair under Robert's Rules of Order.

The chair in this case is Paul Ryan, and he can introduce a motion to release all the delegates from their bound votes in the first round and have it confirmed by voice vote. And he will say that the ayes have it no matter what the noise says. So it is critical for Trump to make sure his delegates are really his delegates. Not sure how much effort he is putting into that.

The people who control the machinery have the upper hand until they are made rid of.

That has not happened yet and there is a good chance the neocons wont let it happen by pulling some bullshit.

This is in the Republican Party protocols?

This is why I haven't followed this process too closely. If Trump isn't assassinated, the GOP will run someone else Third party

yeah

like mitt romeny is going to deliver a "major speech" tomorrow

--LOL

that progressive establishment guy could not even fight off

the silliness of being tagged for keeping women in his binders

--LOL

what a frikkin joke the party has become

She has been allegedly quoted saying those things but nothing of proof has been produced. As for the speeches I think her making her money as s private citizen that way is better than trump getting his clothing line made in China and declaring bankruptcy to save money don't you? Also what is the real complaint I thought conservatives liked Capitalism as well as supply and demand. There was a demand for clintons speeches (although I wouldn't have gone or paid).

I don't think hillarys foreign policy was great but at least there is a valid criticism rather than hearsay and rumors from unprofessional opportunists looking to make a buck national enquirer style.

This is why I haven't followed this process too closely. If Trump isn't assassinated, the GOP will run someone else Third party

yeah

--LOL

--LOL

Versus how trump cannot take responsibility for anything he tweets or says. It's always "someone else's" fault. Hell he even blamed an earpiece now even though his own words showed he understood.

yeah

--LOL

--LOL

Versus how trump cannot take responsibility for anything he tweets or says. It's always "someone else's" fault. Hell he even blamed an earpiece now even though his own words showed he understood.

Sorta like Cruz not having a clue what his team is doing, while they cleverly tried to get away with dirty politics to get ahead..

Bottom line, Republican establishment would prefer a Democrat in office vs Mr. Trump in office...so they can continue to define themselves as something ''different'' from liberals/democrats....which they believe Trump is an R in sheep's clothing only....and will hurt their ''conservative brand''.

"Quislings"

lol

Hilarious

Quit whining about the rules. If Trump doesn't win 1237 delegates, he's not the nominee and he is owed jack shit.

If he wins 1237+ delegates, then he should be the nominee.

Those are the rules.

End of story.

Right and they are all honest....I am not whining I am fucking talking about it...This is a political message board isn't it. Try looking at the news once in a while and see what the GOP is saying ..trying to find way to expel him if he gets the delegates, not the fucking rules. I am talking about Corruption in the government...

Your argument is garbage.

You said that if Trump has the delegates, they can ignore the win.

Wrong.

If Trump wins 1237 delegates, he wins.

End. Of. Story.

If he doesn't win 1237 delegates, he doesn't win the nomination.

Full stop.

If Trump wins 1150 delegates, say, absolutely nobody in the party owes him anything, just like any other candidate. The people in the party can do anything they want within the boundaries of the rules to stop him if he's not at 1237.

That's not corruption. That's politics. Quit whining about it.

Toro, you dont seem to be familiar with the power of the chair under Robert's Rules of Order.

The chair in this case is Paul Ryan, and he can introduce a motion to release all the delegates from their bound votes in the first round and have it confirmed by voice vote. And he will say that the ayes have it no matter what the noise says. So it is critical for Trump to make sure his delegates are really his delegates. Not sure how much effort he is putting into that.

The people who control the machinery have the upper hand until they are made rid of.

That has not happened yet and there is a good chance the neocons wont let it happen by pulling some bullshit.

This is in the Republican Party protocols?

It is in Roberts rules of order which the GOP uses for their conventions at every level. A couple of my friends who are political activists in the GOP are hoping that Ryan does this.

The exact words they want to hear over CSPAN at the opening of the national convention are these:
"I hear a motion to amend the rules and unbind all delegates, is there a second? All in favor? In the opinion of the chair, the ayes have it."

Now there doesnt have to be anyone actually proposing a motion to amend, and there doesnt have to actually be anyone that says 'Aye' either. The chairman can just say it happens then pass it. Normally the chair would have at least a few people on his side quickly responding before anyone can object.

In literally 3 seconds the delegates could be released for first ballot voting.

Thread on it and the consequences of such here.

Bottom line, Republican establishment would prefer a Democrat in office vs Mr. Trump in office...so they can continue to define themselves as something ''different'' from liberals/democrats....which they believe Trump is an R in sheep's clothing only....and will hurt their ''conservative brand''.

Dubya did plenty of fucking damage to the Conservative brand

Hello? she has more experience than any other candidate in the race, other than Bernie who was not a Democrat until this year...

She was a US Senator for two terms...maybe the first one she got cuz of name recognition, but her second run she won every county in the State with the exception of the one county the Republican candidate lived in....that means she won all of the Republican counties in upstate New York, and the second time, she won on MERIT, not on her husband's coat tails, and she was Secretary of State for 4 years, voted in by the Senate, 98 to 2, so all Republicans who had worked with her in the Senate knew she was qualified and a doer, not a diddler.... if Republicans thought she was not qualified, then they would have borught out 'the usual suspects' and started their false accusations of she is a liar, can't be trusted, murderers, thieves etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...that they always say about the Clintons from their play book.

There is no one on the Republican side of candidates worth talking about that has her experience...

That doesn't qualify her as having experience. She hasnt really done anything.

It seems like Trumps camp is being attacked by every News channel, and most politicians...but he keeps afloat by the people who see right through the dirty little tricks... Will say the same for Hillary on the most part.
Cruz and Rubio do not fair as well with negativity.

That doesn't qualify her as having experience. She hasnt really done anything.

She has done way more than Cruz and Rubio put together....Why someone who would vote for a man with just 1 term as senator, is beyond me...Let alone a man who is clearly hated in Congress because of the big cost and shutdown of the government for attention.

Forum List

Back