How the GOP Insiders Plan to Steal the Nod From Trump

I saw this on MSNBC last night but can not find the GOP senator news story who said , even if Trump wins the delegates they can ignore the win and place who they want it in in place.

This is why Trump is popular, these guys are crooked as hell.

Confiscating what the people want, and who they voted in should be illegal ..

There are many great aphorisms in politics but this one may be the key to who ends up President: he who knows the rules, rules. Right now, it’s Reince and the Racketeers who know them best. Beware Republicans: the big steal is coming.

"The power-brokers short term game is clear; stall Trump just short of the magic number of delegates needed to be nominated on the first ballot with the knowledge that many delegates bound on the first ballot by Trump primary and caucus victories would be unbound on a second ballot. Much in the way the RNC stacked the galleries with anti-Trump partisans in the last two debates, anti-Trump quislings are be planted in various delegations that will be free to betray Trump on subsequent ballots."

How the GOP Insiders Plan to Steal the Nod From Trump - Breitbart

The only way it will happen is if there is a brokered convention because Trump did not get enough delegates to win it outright.

Now if that happens then you can bet Trump nor Cruz will be the Nominee and it will be Rubio or Kasich and Trump will run third party and the Senate will turn Democratic for sure and Hillary will be President even though I wish the Democratic Party would run Bernie Sanders instead...
I'm not sure that's quite right. From what I've heard and read, the gop establishment thinking is the one sure way, and maybe only way, to hold the senate is to somehow deny Trump the nomination and have him run as a third party candidate BECAUSE, the thinking goes, that both Trump and establishment voters will vote gop in battleground senate elections.

What I've wondered is - assuming Trump gets 50%plus1, and is the nominee, could the money guys get an indep establishment candidate to run as a third party to attract enough senate votes in sort of the same way. I'm not sure such a person exists. It would be the end of his or her political career, I'd think. Jeb has none, but nobody likes Jeb besides his mother, and maybe his dog

I saw this on MSNBC last night but can not find the GOP senator news story who said , even if Trump wins the delegates they can ignore the win and place who they want it in in place.

There are many great aphorisms in politics but this one may be the key to who ends up President: he who knows the rules, rules. Right now, it’s Reince and the Racketeers who know them best. Beware Republicans: the big steal is coming.

"The power-brokers short term game is clear; stall Trump just short of the magic number of delegates needed to be nominated on the first ballot with the knowledge that many delegates bound on the first ballot by Trump primary and caucus victories would be unbound on a second ballot. Much in the way the RNC stacked the galleries with anti-Trump partisans in the last two debates, anti-Trump quislings are be planted in various delegations that will be free to betray Trump on subsequent ballots."

Won't happen. The GOP are not dumb enough to try something like this. Any attempt to bypass what the GOP members have voted for in this manner will have dire consequences. The GOP would rather have Trump as their nominee than suffer what will happen if they ignore the majority of the members of the GOP who have voted for Trump. It's looking like a Trump vs. Clinton battle at this point.

I so hope you are right...but there is BIG BIG money at stake wanting their own in to get their work done..I see cheating in the future..

Look what happened to the RINOs after the midterms.
They pull a stunt like that and they are finished for good and they know it.
The RINOs wont even acknowledge why they're getting their ass handed to them,and all thats doing is pissing off their base even more.
I don't think there will be any "cheating," and I'm not sure it's even possible. Any conspiracy to steal a large number of votes would be hard to keep secret. But if Trump can't win 50%plusone, and he has alienated other candidates to support others and not him, there's no legitimate reason he could claim to be the nominee. That's how the game's been played since we started having first ballots with pledged (won) delegates.

The only way it will happen is if there is a brokered convention because Trump did not get enough delegates to win it outright.

Now if that happens then you can bet Trump nor Cruz will be the Nominee and it will be Rubio or Kasich and Trump will run third party and the Senate will turn Democratic for sure and Hillary will be President even though I wish the Democratic Party would run Bernie Sanders instead...
I'm not sure that's quite right. From what I've heard and read, the gop establishment thinking is the one sure way, and maybe only way, to hold the senate is to somehow deny Trump the nomination and have him run as a third party candidate BECAUSE, the thinking goes, that both Trump and establishment voters will vote gop in battleground senate elections.

What I've wondered is - assuming Trump gets 50%plus1, and is the nominee, could the money guys get an indep establishment candidate to run as a third party to attract enough senate votes in sort of the same way. I'm not sure such a person exists. It would be the end of his or her political career, I'd think. Jeb has none, but nobody likes Jeb besides his mother, and maybe his dog

Why would they get an independent on the fly. Thats a guaranteed loss and trump is running away with this thing.

If the Establishment want to go the route of supporting a third party candidate then they should just back Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket.

Johnson has no chance of winning and even though he still considers himself a Republican he is now a Libertarian.

Johnson was able to get over a million votes in 2012 and with the backing of certain GOP members could get more, and it could keep the Senate GOP...

My personal opinion is if the GOP Primary and Caucus voter nominates Trump then back him, and do not pull support. It will hurt the party if they pull a stunt like a brokered convention that could deny Trump the nomination, or backing a third party candidate.

As for Jeb Bush his political career is over. He should just give lectures and prep his son for the Governor Seat here in Texas and forget about being President. George W. Bush ruined Jeb chances, and in today political climate Jeb is no longer a Republican that can win a nomination.

I firmly believe that if "mainstream" Republicans manage to screw Trump out of the nomination then there WILL be a Democrat elected in November. No, not Cankles (she'll be under the bus) but maybe Biden or Kerry. It WILL NOT be because true Republicans sit at home. It will be because they figured that one good screwing is worth another. Yes, they'll be screwing themselves, but taking the treasonous "mainstream" down with them - and those fat cats have much more to lose. "Little People" will get free stuff and the rich "mainstream" will pay.

A Trump nomination will help the Dems get the senate back and put a REAL Lefty on the Court :afro:
And you cant explain why you think that...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/02/u...ential-election.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0
First sentence
Democrats are falling in line. Republicans are falling apart.
HA!
I realize you don't like it, but here's the math

2016 Delegate Count Tracker: 2016 Election
I am quit aware. I just thought it was funny they were implying Dems are more partisan than the right lol
Democrats have been more partisan for literally decades.

If the Establishment want to go the route of supporting a third party candidate then they should just back Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket.

Johnson has no chance of winning and even though he still considers himself a Republican he is now a Libertarian.

Johnson was able to get over a million votes in 2012 and with the backing of certain GOP members could get more, and it could keep the Senate GOP...

My personal opinion is if the GOP Primary and Caucus voter nominates Trump then back him, and do not pull support. It will hurt the party if they pull a stunt like a brokered convention that could deny Trump the nomination, or backing a third party candidate.

As for Jeb Bush his political career is over. He should just give lectures and prep his son for the Governor Seat here in Texas and forget about being President. George W. Bush ruined Jeb chances, and in today political climate Jeb is no longer a Republican that can win a nomination.
I absolutely agree that many, and probably most, Trump supporters would not vote for a goper nominee other than Trump. However, if Trump had not won 50%plus1, and they still feel something has been unfairly denied, their emotion would not really be rational.

Now, if they just don't want to vote for Anyone else either because they really like Trump (God forbid LOL) or they just think the nominee is establishment, and they don't like the establishment ... it's a free country (sort of)

I absolutely agree that many, and probably most, Trump supporters would not vote for a goper nominee other than Trump. However, if Trump had not won 50%plus1, and they still feel something has been unfairly denied, their emotion would not really be rational.

Now, if they just don't want to vote for Anyone else either because they really like Trump (God forbid LOL) or they just think the nominee is establishment, and they don't like the establishment ... it's a free country (sort of)
I wonder if the Berney Sanders people would vote for trump if they don't want Hillary,

A Trump nomination will help the Dems get the senate back and put a REAL Lefty on the Court :afro:

I think it depends on how Trump debates Clinton. If he starts to move from the extreme more to the left, he will gain moderates. However, if he keeps his hard lined stances he won't win IMO.
Hillary is the one with hardline stances...

That is your opinion, but the fact is Trump has gone so far right that he isn't going to gain moderates with his stances at least not enough to win.

I wonder if the Berney Sanders people would vote for trump if they don't want Hillary,

Why would he? That's like saying Cruz or Rubio will vote for Hillary because they don't like Trump.

That is your opinion, but the fact is Trump has gone so far right that he isn't going to gain moderates with his stances at least not enough to win.
Nah, cant be, the neocons say he is a liberal, so you must be lying.

roflmao

and on past stances they would be correct he has been liberal. However, this time Trump says he is a conservative. So which Trump do you believe? Right now this Trump is claiming to be conservative and he has far right stances.

and on past stances they would be correct he has been liberal. However, this time Trump says he is a conservative. So which Trump do you believe? Right now this Trump is claiming to be conservative and he has far right stances.

I believe that Trump is a reflexive conservative, not an ideological conservative. He has evolved over the years, like many free thinking people do. Hell, I grew up a Democrat, went over to Republican with Reagan, then went independent with Bush the Elders betrayal of American workers.

Ideologues cannot understand how people can honestly change their minds and thus according to conservative ideologues he must still be a liberal masquerading as a conservative, and to liberals he must be a far right conservative because he speaks unfiltered thoughts.

I think no freaking way in hell.

In the next ten days we have (along with a few other states) LA, MI, MS, FL, IL, Missouri, NC and OH. Bernie may come close to half in Missouri and Oh, but Hillary's gonna get 60% in those other places. I think she will even get 80% plus in my state Mississippi. And at that point, the primary is really over. Bernie's not really a dem, so the Senate leadership's ability to punish him for staying in is limited, but he's going to start alienating some people who can affect his ability to bring home the bacon real soon, and just as importantly, Hillary's much more in line with his supporters' desires than Trump or anyone who is actually a goper. So, hopefully the dems can start patching stuff up.

Yes, I'd rather see Hillary than Trump. Hell, I'd take four more from Obama rather than Trump. LOL

And then Trump runs Third Party. the GOP still loses....

"Quislings"

lol

Hilarious

Quit whining about the rules. If Trump doesn't win 1237 delegates, he's not the nominee and he is owed jack shit.

If he wins 1237+ delegates, then he should be the nominee.

Those are the rules.

End of story.

Right and they are all honest....I am not whining I am fucking talking about it...This is a political message board isn't it. Try looking at the news once in a while and see what the GOP is saying ..trying to find way to expel him if he gets the delegates, not the fucking rules. I am talking about Corruption in the government...

Your argument is garbage.

You said that if Trump has the delegates, they can ignore the win.

Wrong.

If Trump wins 1237 delegates, he wins.

End. Of. Story.

If he doesn't win 1237 delegates, he doesn't win the nomination.

Full stop.

If Trump wins 1150 delegates, say, absolutely nobody in the party owes him anything, just like any other candidate. The people in the party can do anything they want within the boundaries of the rules to stop him if he's not at 1237.

That's not corruption. That's politics. Quit whining about it.

"Quislings"

lol

Hilarious

Quit whining about the rules. If Trump doesn't win 1237 delegates, he's not the nominee and he is owed jack shit.

Those are the rules.

End of story.

Right and they are all honest....I am not whining I am fucking talking about it...This is a political message board isn't it. Try looking at the news once in a while and see what the GOP is saying ..trying to find way to expel him if he gets the delegates, not the fucking rules. I am talking about Corruption in the government...

Wrong.

End. Of. Story.

Full stop.

If Trump wins 1150 delegates, say, absolutely nobody in the party owes him anything, just like any other candidate. The people in the party can do anything they want within the boundaries of the rules to stop him if he's not at 1237.

Toro, you dont seem to be familiar with the power of the chair under Robert's Rules of Order.

The chair in this case is Paul Ryan, and he can introduce a motion to release all the delegates from their bound votes in the first round and have it confirmed by voice vote. And he will say that the ayes have it no matter what the noise says. So it is critical for Trump to make sure his delegates are really his delegates. Not sure how much effort he is putting into that.

The people who control the machinery have the upper hand until they are made rid of.

That has not happened yet and there is a good chance the neocons wont let it happen by pulling some bullshit.

"Quislings"

lol

Hilarious

Those are the rules.

End of story.

Wrong.

End. Of. Story.

Full stop.

Toro, you dont seem to be familiar with the power of the chair under Robert's Rules of Order.

The chair in this case is Paul Ryan, and he can introduce a motion to release all the delegates from their bound votes in the first round and have it confirmed by voice vote. And he will say that the ayes have it no matter what the noise says. So it is critical for Trump to make sure his delegates are really his delegates. Not sure how much effort he is putting into that.

The people who control the machinery have the upper hand until they are made rid of.

That has not happened yet and there is a good chance the neocons wont let it happen by pulling some bullshit.

If they did that though it would guarantee Hillary or Bernie as president. Trump would go independent just out of spite (and I wouldn't blame him) which would make a dem president.

While some regular folks that tend to vote GOP might want that to avoid trump, it would destroy the GOP establishment because of public outcry on the GOP side.

The GOP has a better chance surviving even with Trump we president than they do with a Dem president due to them not liking Trump. I just don't see even the establishment pulling something like that. But hey stranger things have happened I suppose, never say never I guess.

Trump supporters are buying into the MSNBC Koolaid now?

Will wonders ever cease? LOL

This whole thread and narrative is ridiculous. They are suggesting that the number 1 and 2 candidates who the establishment despises are the wrong people, but they can't push any of their buttkissers past them. How asinine of a theory is that?

Do we all realize that Democrats are crossing the aisle to vote for Trump? Seriously, who ever has heard of such a thing since Reagan! It is almost surreal that both party's want him gone because he is not either one of their "good ole boys." He also is in their sights because the Republicans want cheap, illegal, labor; and the Democrats want more voters.

A lot of the NORMAL Democrats will vote for this guy. Far left? Not so much. You would think that the GOP would find a way to make this work, but it is all about them, and the Democrat power combined. Together, they rule Washington DC, and they would rather kiss each others ass** then give the people what they want, then control him if he gets out of line.

That should tell everyone what these people think of you, the voter. If they can't manipulate your thought process, you are a wingnut, or a traitor lefty, maybe Uncle Tom, possibly a teabagger.....but never a concerned American who loves their country.

Anyway, if Trump wins Florida, and with most states going to winner take all starting March 15th, unless they pull a surprise, I can't see them stopping him. If they don't want to support who their voters chose, then it is time to collapse the GOP, and start from scratch. A whole lot of independents would like it, along with Democrats, and disenfranchised GOP.

I believe we could make a deal far easier, than these two power hungry entities could, and that probably scares the hell out of both of them!

Forum List

Back