How powerful is Face book in our personal life with our cellphones?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Just curious,new friend sugesting' s just pop up on my list by meeting them face to face, no other common friends.

And today I was talking to a hydraulics guy about the importance of not mixing hydraulic oil, and low and behold information pops up when I scroll on Face book after work.

Just curious,new friend sugesting' s just pop up on my list by meeting them face to face, no other common friends.

And today I was talking to a hydraulics guy about the importance of not mixing hydraulic oil, and low and behold information pops up when I scroll on Face book after work.
Never heard of it

At least it was a useful info exchange. I hate it when I buy something & then get pounded with ads for what I won't need to buy again for 10 years.

At least it was a useful info exchange. I hate it when I buy something & then get pounded with ads for what I won't need to buy again for 10 years.
You noticed it also?

I get Facebook suggesting just talking to someone and I guess I get it because my phone is not off

I joined facebook tears ago when my mom was slowly dying of cancer. It allowed me to keep everyone informed without having to call anyone. Sadly, for me anyway, I've found it's only good for delivering bad news.

I joined facebook tears ago when my mom was slowly dying of cancer. It allowed me to keep everyone informed without having to call anyone. Sadly, for me anyway, I've found it's only good for delivering bad news.
Sorry about your mom. My dad died two years ago..

Someone told me years ago that you never really become an adult until your parents die.
From my personal journey the past three years I think that's a fact.

I could always call or email and ask my dad for advice or money.

He is not here no more, I guess after the grieving I stepped up to the plate

1647561634359.png

From my personal journey the past three years I think that's a fact.

I could always call or email and ask my dad for advice or money.

He is not here no more, I guess after the grieving I stepped up to the plate
I'm only 58 and my immediate family are all dead as well as most of my aunts and uncles. The last 15 years have been brutal.

I'm only 58 and my immediate family are all dead as well as most of my aunts and uncles. The last 15 years have been brutal.
Think I am 57? I don't know no one sends me birthday cards any more

Not on my cell phone, just desktop, sometimes go there after I check email. :p After I asked her if she had a wall on there, my daughter tipped me off that "Dad, only old people use that anymore". God only knows what the kids are into these days.

You a tech nerd playtime?

naw - i am actually a tech peasant, BUT given how tracking & analytics are geared toward getting people to part with their cash - why not do a little invasive looksey into peoples' lives when they are not actually in cyberspace is not outa the realm of possibilities, or a red line that wouldn't get crossed.

imo.

Forum List

Back