how many times have you seen a leftist call out a (D) politician?

then what changed?

Not sure, maybe it was being the victim of our own success and the politicians started to care more about themselves than the country or their voters.

I know that starting in 1992 there has been a clear and determined effort to divide the country so that we cannot never unite behind a 3rd party candidate again.

It is not, I do not agree with that, though some have been doing it for more than a decade without any claims of fraud.

The interesting thing about your list was that only one of them has been questioned about the outcome.
in some places you know it's pointless to even bring it up anymore. but yes, people do look where they have the best opportunity to prove their point. if you want to prove trump is an asshole, you're not going to use pro trump sites to state your case.

now, that said - it has only been in the last several elections this has been an issue. maybe that coincides with your other post of parties being in it for themselves for the last 50 years. maybe it started around nixon. something like this would be hard to pin down because everyone will see it differently.

but nixon was ousted for simply threatening to weaponize the gov. *threatening* to do it.

we do it with everything these days so our ability to punish politicians for breaking laws sure has been diminished since then.

Not sure, maybe it was being the victim of our own success and the politicians started to care more about themselves than the country or their voters.

I know that starting in 1992 there has been a clear and determined effort to divide the country so that we cannot never unite behind a 3rd party candidate again.
i can see this being part of it. 1992 was also around when the internet starting being more than an alt.binary.lookat me useless hobby for computer building nerds. today we've proven we simply can't handle information w/o bias. either in the information or ourselves. we react and pretend it's thinking. that's us, not our politicians.

we look for emotional validation, not the truth, and take solace we can sooner or later find an opinion rag that tells us how right we are.

so are we a reflection of our politics, or are our politics a reflection of us?

Yes, before Trump had his first actual crisis, things were going great. But the thing about being POTUS, you do not only get to count the good years, you are responsible for all of your term.

His GDP growth was about the same as Obama's, which we were told was terrible.

Here, lets try this. here is a graph of our GDP from the STLFED. I cut the years off at the bottom, without them can you point to the point when Trump took over and the GDP started doing better?

View attachment 550479
Haha…frame it in such a way that makes you feel best…I won’t get in the way of your personal FEELZ….
You said this:
”I do not think the country can survive another one of him.”

In classic TDS fashion you implied that Americans were suffering under Trump policy but thats not at all what the pesky facts prove.
Literally EVERYBODY I know was kicking ass because of Trump policy. You and all the Mac1958 FEELZ types should just stick to the old “he hurt the feelings of our worse” mantra….because it’s actually true.

Literally EVERYBODY I know was kicking ass because of Trump policy.

Damn shame you people need the POTUS to kick ass. I was kicking ass under Obama, Trump and now Biden.

I do not need the POTUS in order to do that, I do it all on my own.

You might try it once and see how it feels.

Yes, another one of him dividing the country the way he did.
again, what did trump do to divide the country? get in the face of those who were pushing their ideologies on everyone else?

if we've been at this, according to you, for 50 years, this "divide" - why is all the blame going to trump when he's simply yet 1 more player in a long line of people who got us here?

trump to many represents the desire to not take bullshit policies anymore. the methods he uses to push back are yes, crude and limelight seeking, but he did push back.

how is "you must take covid vacs but we do not have to" NOT dividing this country?
how is "we will dismantle the police whether you like it or not" NOT dividing the country?
how is obama's health plan where our politicians would not even opt into it NOT dividing the country?
how are mask mandates that come and go according to who you are NOT dividing the country?

and the list can go on and on. if you feel trump was dividing the country, great. i do not agree. i don't think he was trying to unite the country but fight for "his side" and followers who see divide in all the left does these days.

but if trump couldn't unite the country, well then our divide was there long before him, wasn't it?

Damn shame you people need the POTUS to kick ass. I was kicking ass under Obama, Trump and now Biden.

does kicking that ass cost you on average of $175 a month more like it does for the average person?

for many, that $175 is HUGE. if it isn't to you, then you are one of the fortunate. but it isn't about just you and i, is it? but all of us.

again, what did trump do to divide the country? get in the face of those who were pushing their ideologies on everyone else?

Everything he did was Us vs them" right from the start. That is how he won the nomination and how he won the first election. It is the one constant theme in his presidency.

if we've been at this, according to you, for 50 years, this "divide" - why is all the blame going to trump when he's simply yet 1 more player in a long line of people who got us here?

The effort to divide did not really start till 1992 when Ross Perot scared the shit out of the duopoly. I am not giving Trump all the blame, both sides have been doing it by design since then. I am not sure anyone has been more successful than Trump though, but Biden might just out do him.

but if trump couldn't unite the country, well then our divide was there long before him, wasn't it?

yes it was

disingenuous.

he is clearly talking about the country as a whole. Ive done well under all 3 as well (though Biden is very early on in his presidency. lets see how that goes in 3 more years)

Trumps pre covid economy was the best for America as a whole in a very, very long time.

LOL.

Charley Rangel is perhaps the poster boy for corruption

Here is a guy both parties agreed was corrupt by doing things like not paying his taxes correctly, yet he not only got to stay in office, he got a lavish retirement from Congress. Simply put, Charley was the right color and the right party to evade justice.

Checks and balances are gone.
Nothing he did was illegal so justice has nothing to do with it.

He was censured by a bipartisan vote.

Let’s talk about Duncan Hunter who is actually corrupt and committed actual crimes. What happened to him?

Pardoned.

disingenuous.

he is clearly talking about the country as a whole. Ive done well under all 3 as well (though Biden is very early on in his presidency. lets see how that goes in 3 more years)

Trumps pre covid economy was the best for America as a whole in a very, very long time.

Trump's pre COVID economy was just a continuation of waht had been going on for 6 years. There is not one economic measure that changed direction after Trump's election.

And also, that economy was propped up by massive Fed Govt spending.

disingenuous.

I'll tell you how to invest.
If you follow the market everyday by reading Reuters, AP News, etc..., you will discover that...
10 days ago the market "Tanked" by falling one billionth of a point.
9 days ago the market "Rallied" by rising one billionth of a point.
8 days ago the market "Tanked" by falling one billionth of a point.
7 days ago the market "Rallied" by rising one billionth of a point.
6 days ago the market "Tanked" by falling one billionth of a point.
5 days ago the market "Rallied" by rising one billionth of a point.

Which is all well and fine if you have at least a few $100,000.00 in the market.
It just means more work for your accountant.

Now you know how to play that machine that is playing us.

I see conservatives call out corrupt, life long (R)s all the time. We consistently say certain politicians are corrupt and criminal all the time.

When was the last time you saw a leftist call out the corruption of Schumer? Pelosi? Waters? or any number of (D) criminals?

Its clear to see the Ds are lock step and will protect their own no matter how obvious the corruption is.
Oh no, there’s a lot of angry friction going on between leftist supporters and left-leaning Democrats. Left supporting media has even been forced to acknowledge such friction publicly, and they certainly didn’t want to bring that to light. It’s only due to the fact that it’s been brought to public attention by legitimate sources and they cannot deny it. A split is going to happen, the leftists will be the reason it happens by going overboard in their extremism like we’re seeing. It’s going to split in half, not equal parts but a decisive split, it’s just a matter of time.

Trump's pre COVID economy was just a continuation of waht had been going on for 6 years. There is not one economic measure that changed direction after Trump's election.

And also, that economy was propped up by massive Fed Govt spending.
This is where your anti Trump hatred shows.

Trump absolutely had policies that aided Americans as a whole and the economy as a whole. To deny that is partisan hackary. Something a self prescribed right down the middle (I) such as yourself shouldn't be capable of.

Everything he did was Us vs them" right from the start. That is how he won the nomination and how he won the first election. It is the one constant theme in his presidency.

The effort to divide did not really start till 1992 when Ross Perot scared the shit out of the duopoly. I am not giving Trump all the blame, both sides have been doing it by design since then. I am not sure anyone has been more successful than Trump though, but Biden might just out do him.

yes it was
fair enough. i do feel your hate for trump magnifies this, but how we feel dictates a lot of things for all of us.

trump being successful is a system "we the people" have more or less created - is that trumps fault or our own? given that the left demonizes anyone who stands in their way with extreme verbiage, NAZI WHITE SUPREMECIST talk *every friggin time* - who is actually doing the division?

not an easy question and more to think about than answer. myself included. til we can put emotions away and look at the big picture, it ain't changing.

I've very openly admitted corruption has taken over the political parties.

Also art is a pretty complicated thing. The price of art never, ever has to do with its quality. It usually has to do with either the clout of the person that made it, or how much a billionaire wants to hide in assets on that given day.
and which do you supposed hunter's are?

I'll tell you how to invest.
If you follow the market everyday by reading Reuters, AP News, etc..., you will discover that...
10 days ago the market "Tanked" by falling one billionth of a point.
9 days ago the market "Rallied" by rising one billionth of a point.
8 days ago the market "Tanked" by falling one billionth of a point.
7 days ago the market "Rallied" by rising one billionth of a point.
6 days ago the market "Tanked" by falling one billionth of a point.
5 days ago the market "Rallied" by rising one billionth of a point.

Which is all well and fine if you have at least a few $100,000.00 in the market.
It just means more work for your accountant.

Now you know how to play that machine that is playing us.
I always “like” it when the federal reserve comes out a few days before they’re going to change the interest-rate to give a heads up about what they’re going to do to psychologically manipulate the investors. The Federal Reserve Act needs to be updated to fit the needs of our populace. Currently, it seems to be the other way around.

Forum List

Back