how many times have you seen a leftist call out a (D) politician?

Apologies then, it felt like bait. I stated and state again I'm not going to bother trying to be equal in every single post ok? No one is.
i try. i don't always succeed, but my views are to create an equal playing field both sides can use. to me that is how it should be. if you're out to gain an advantage and scream when the other side does the same, it leads to where we are today. not a fan of where we are today.

i do agree we all lead with our preferences. that's human nature. however, we can think too and ask ourselves if we're doing the right thing for all, or simply how we feel about a given situation. that is a choice we make when we talk with each other.

easy to see we don't always make the same choices. this is not a slam, but a simple fact of life.

True, there is a proper way. During the pandemic both parties put out changes that addressed how we vote in order to accommodate pandemic conditions.

I believe only one state did not do so completely properly though no one bothered to challenge throughout the primaries or through the general election, until afterwards.

Fair and equitable - when it comes to voting, these conditions are met by:

1. There is no attempted disenfranchisement (remember NC's law, where the judge used the term "surgical precision")...of any legitimate voter.

2. It expands access to all people equally within the jurisdiction. For example all people can use drive through voting regardless of who they vote for.

3. It does not act to inhibit voting access or rights for any group.

That is reasonable don't you think?
both sides didn't follow the same set of precautionary rules, now did they? the side screaming the loudest broke their own "guidelines" when it suited a singular purpose in achieving their own goals above the good of all.

"disenfranchise voters" - i hear about this far more than i see it. we must have wide open voting for people who can't simply get a ballot ahead of time in a proper vetted method and mail it in or show up days before up to the day of the election to vote.

who are these people that value their right to vote so highly that they refuse to make an effort to exercise that right?

like voter id's. we hear some people simply can't get them so they must be done away with. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? i've never seen a legit story of someone who couldn't get a voter id. if we do have these situations, then fine. let the local authorities help that person vote and take care of it. we don't need to open up 99% of the system for a so far mythical 1% who can't do it the way the rest can.

how far do we open things up for people who simply can't vote any other way available to them? sooner or later you need to say "get off your ass and go inside to get that burger".

again, not to say we don't need an overhaul of the voting system, but no; i do not see a need to open it up wide to make it so easy to vote and so hard to verify. when someone cheats, they cheat people trying to do it legally so to me, the system should have safeguards in it that simply don't include things like bringing ballots by the house via uber, which is where this could go. esp since the democrats are out to have anyone pick up votes anywhere.

how you don't see the potential abuse of this is beyond me.

The reality is EVERYONE tries to stack the deck to benefit themselves. Where I see a difference is with this. Are they trying to stack the deck by restricting voting access or expanding voting access? If the ONLY way a team can get an advantage is by RESTRICTING access...then don't you think there is something wrong with that? From my point of view - I want no one's rights and access to vote restricted, even if I loathe what they represent.
expanding voting access - again; why? voting is a responsibility in as much as a right. to say we're expanding it to make it easier makes you sound all full of warmth and caring but the expansions done during 2020 were done for the lefts benefit, not all. and again, much of it done outside legal process of the state.

examples:
California 1

we also have states mailing out ballots whether you asked for one or not. this desire to make voting as easy as microwave popcorn MUST ALSO KEEP SECURITY and integrity as their focus. in the IT world, the rules are simple. if you want to be secure, limit access.

saying "oh it will be fine, no one will abuse this" is bullshit, to me. not that *you* are saying it but that does seem to be the mindset of those wanting to crank this open.

I think (and you can correct me if I am wrong) - only one state violated their rules in how these were passed, not "many".

I'm confused as to what you are saying here? Don't see how that is relevant?

That's kind of subjective - if they "favored the left" by allowing more people to vote, how is that bad? And, doesn't it depend on where it occurred? For example, mail in ballots in some areas encouraged far more Democrats to actually vote. Not a bad thing because I SUPPORT people's right to vote. But yet, a staunch red state like Utah has had mail in voting (with automatic mailing of ballots to registered voters) for years and it's as red as ever.

I think when you try to pass legislation under the guise of "election security" that in fact is nothing to do with security but instead tries to suppress voters of certain demographics then it is fair those people as "against voting rights".

Oh agree. And I think though we don't agree we're having a decent respectful convo here.
in order to change your voting laws, you must go through your state legislature. THEY make the laws. not the gov, not the will of the people. this was bypassed time and time again and COVID was used as the excuse. the people using this excuse a double shitton of examples of where they simply ignore their own mandates when they don't like them.

these changes were to the benefit of one side. the left. extending dates to get votes in and so forth requires changes to laws and time and again this was done with the stroke of a pen, not their own constitutional process.

now, time and again the federal gov said changing these laws is STATE RIGHT to do how they wish. but as soon as they got "in power" - the feds must take over as states are incompetent.

funny how we go from fighting for state rights to taking them away as soon as it's convenient.

i do fully agree we're having a respectful conversation. thank you for that. the forum software also makes it much easier to break out replies. great change.

all that said, i am FOR revamping our voting process and procedures. but i also know NOW is the worst time to do it because it would require fair and balanced people to put together a platform that doesn't play favorites and respects all rights to vote, as any system should. but people have shown to have zero idea what a neutral platform is anymore as everything has been weaponized these days from voting, to gun rights, to where we pee. this is not the mindset of a culture that is needed to create an unbiased system for all to use.

simply put, we're not mature enough to do what we need to do. in my mind this simply means it will continue to be every man/woman/whoever you are for yourself and i 100% believe this is a shitty place to be and no good can come from single minded actions.

one thing that does cross my mind is however, make the process to vote the same as getting a gun. both are rights and both should be protected. invariably this idea starts firestorms with people because it interferes with their own wants and desires and/or plays on their fears.

we need changes, but those changes are a foundation for all; not an advancement for a single ideology.

I've criticized several democrats....

Have you called out Trump on anything? Few are more corrupt than he is....

Lets see how honest you are.... I'm guessing you've never whispered a criticism of your blob.
maybelooking

Well...when have you called out your blob? Provide some links.

I'm guessing never.

So you have nothing. That's what you're saying. That's not even a rebuttal.

Not one name. Not a shred of evidence. You're just blowing smoke with nothing behind it - as always.

You didn't even post a link in your original lie.
You might want to watch Jimmy Dore, Krystal and Saager, Aaron Mate ....there are quite a few lefties calling out corrupt Dems.

Greg

Never have, never will.

The Nazis march in lockstep. We always say there is no law for democrats, they are immune to American laws. But there actually IS one law - Unquestioning obedience to the Reich.
DemoKKKrats yes; genuine left wing progressive nutjobs not so much. lol

Greg

like voter id's. we hear some people simply can't get them so they must be done away with. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? i've never seen a legit story of someone who couldn't get a voter id. if we do have these situations, then fine. let the local authorities help that person vote and take care of it. we don't need to open up 99% of the system for a so far mythical 1% who can't do it the way the rest can.
The demofks are the kkk and they think blacks are inferior to them, and they speak for them constantly like the masters they think they are. Call a spade a spade. It makes me say -- for fk sake.

I see conservatives call out corrupt, life long (R)s all the time. We consistently say certain politicians are corrupt and criminal all the time.

When was the last time you saw a leftist call out the corruption of Schumer? Pelosi? Waters? or any number of (D) criminals?

Its clear to see the Ds are lock step and will protect their own no matter how obvious the corruption is.

The only time republicans call out other republicans is when one goes against King Trump.

"Pete's opponents were campaigning like it's 2004, they limited access to the media, thinking it would add to their mystique and aura. good luck with that strategy in the largest Dem primary field ever" - Liz Smith, Pete Buttigieg campaign staffer

Pete did interviews with outlets as far-ranging as The Intercept, Hugh Hewitt, FOX News, & even Playboy

she's definitely liberal trust me

also Liz: "no one should act like Trump, but they should learn from him. 20 point policy plans don't exactly break the evening news"

Last edited:
So?
Does it bother you that millions approve of Trump's platform and acheivements?
If so...tough.

Kind a sort a. Because most of them don't even realize just how progressive/liberal Trump really is.
Spending increases, bump stock ban, funding crap like gender studies and planned parenthood (in the appropriations bills that HE signed). And all those promises he didn't even attempt to fulfill. Like balance the budget in 4 years, make Mexico pay for the wall, R&R the ACA. What he wanted to replace it with, was the ACA on steroids. Hell, he didn't even try to "lock her up."

What really bothers me is his supporters don't understand fiscal conservatism. If they did, they've be trying to recruit Mike Lee, Justin Amash, Thomas Massie or Chip Roy. But nooooo, they gotta stick with the guy who helped created this inflation mess we have now.
I'm guessing they're so dumb, they just want someone who'll post mean tweets.

Kind a sort a. Because most of them don't even realize just how progressive/liberal Trump really is.
Spending increases, bump stock ban, funding crap like gender studies and planned parenthood (in the appropriations bills that HE signed). And all those promises he didn't even attempt to fulfill. Like balance the budget in 4 years, make Mexico pay for the wall, R&R the ACA. What he wanted to replace it with, was the ACA on steroids. Hell, he didn't even try to "lock her up."

What really bothers me is his supporters don't understand fiscal conservatism. If they did, they've be trying to recruit Mike Lee, Justin Amash, Thomas Massie or Chip Roy. But nooooo, they gotta stick with the guy who helped created this inflation mess we have now.
Spending money in the US does not do the same damage as sending 100s of billions to other nations for nothing in return.

/——-/ OK, let’s compare Trump’s achievements for 4 years to Biden’s for 45 years. I’ll go first.

Stop belittling people you immature fk

Stop belittling people you immature fk

Stating facts is all I'm doing. I've explained "fiscal conservatism," as well as others here, in a nice way. A few times. And Trumpbots just don't get it.
It's like they don't care about all those progressive/liberal things that Trump shoved down our throats. Because Trump is their lord and savior. And he can do no wrong. "Just blame it on the democrats."

Horse pucky, dude. Republicans need to stop calling themselves conservatives. Because todays republicans are more liberal than conservative.

I could care less if it hurts their feelings. They're helping to make this country worse, and screaming "make america great again." WTF is wrong with them? I'll tell you. It's simply a lack of understanding what conservatism is. If they'd learn what it is and decide they liked all that spending and unconstitutional BS, that would be one thing. But FFS, they're bashing Biden for some of the very things that Trump did.
That makes them either morons, or political loyalist. Either way, it's not helping this country.

Stating facts is all I'm doing. I've explained "fiscal conservatism," as well as others here, in a nice way. A few times. And Trumpbots just don't get it.
you wouldn't know a fact if one hit you between the eyes.

/——-/ OK, let’s compare Trump’s achievements for 4 years to Biden’s for 45 years. I’ll go first.

F Joe Biden. This isn't about Joe Biden. This isn't a "whataboutism" thing. It's about trying to get one of the most liberal republicans back in office in 2024. It's not a competition as to who's the worst. Biden sucks. I don't support anything Biden, or any democrat has done in decades.

This is about the 2024 election. The democrats don't even want Biden to run in 2024. The man acts like he's on a high dosage of xanax, 24/7. So Biden, when it comes to 2024, is irrelevant.

We've had liberal republican presidents since at least Reagan. I'm sick of liberals and progressives. And even more sick of Republicans who claim to be conservatives. And I'm a little sick of the CINO's and their misuse of the word "conservative."

It's like the rainbow the homo's stole from the christians.

you wouldn't know a fact if one hit you between the eyes.

Facts:

Trump put a notch in our 2A with the bump stock ban.
Trump signed appropriation bills that included funding for gender studies and planned parenthood.
Trump didn't even try to "lock her up." Called it a "campaign thing" within the first few days after winning the election.
Pushed the vaccine with his "operation warp speed," and called it "the greatest medical miracle in history."
Signed covid relief bills that went to corporations and rich folks that didn't even need the money.
In 4 years, he spent only about $2 trillion less than Obama spent in 8.
In April of 2020, 7months before the election, struck a deal with OPEC to cut oil production. Which set off theirs, and US oil companies bust cycle. Layoffs here in the US started in May. 6 months before the election.

Those just a few. And ALL of those things are things that actual conservative's wouldn't even dream of doing.

Those sir, are facts.

Forum List

Back