Disappointed in Democratic Field

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
To the best of my knowledge…no prominent Democrat running for their party’s nomination for President has addressed fundamentally changing the game so that we don’t have another wanna-be dictator like the blob 10-20 years from now.

Currently we have an administration that instructs it’s appointed officials to not cooperate with Congress. Currently we have an administration that obstructs justice in ways that are both modest and overt.
Currently we have an administration that simply refuses to honor the rule of law.

The Next President’s thesis should be to return the power to the Congress.

Congress should also amend it’s rules so that party appointees are stripped of their power and the membership is able to vote on measures passed by the other chamber.

To the best of my knowledge…no prominent Democrat running for their party’s nomination for President has addressed fundamentally changing the game so that we don’t have another wanna-be dictator like the blob 10-20 years from now.

Currently we have an administration that instructs it’s appointed officials to not cooperate with Congress. Currently we have an administration that obstructs justice in ways that are both modest and overt.
Currently we have an administration that simply refuses to honor the rule of law.

Congress should also amend it’s rules so that party appointees are stripped of their power and the membership is able to vote on measures passed by the other chamber.
I trust Trump more than the jackasses in the House.

No different than the prior administration other than this one isn't lead by someone smoooooooth.

As for the current field of candidates, puke. Their policy proposals are so pandering right now that they don't see how that is going to be hung around the neck of the eventual nominee in the general election. They might as well print up the "If You Ain't Black Or Brown, We Won't Be Around" slogan

Why didn't you make this post while Obama was president?

While I technically agree with you, I found the previous two presidents abuses of power for more heinous than this current administration.

The continuing concentration of power, and congress' refusal and inability to act, ceding power to what has been termed by scholars as, "the imperial presidency," go back decades now.

Only now, that the corporate media have essentially conditioned and brainwashed the public at large, with what amounts to irrational hate of the current oval office occupant, when all of these powers were enjoyed previously. . .

It is nothing new.

To stand on a soap box and say you are just now worried? It seems partisan and highly disingenuous.

Where was your outrage after Libya and Benghazi?

Where was your outrage after the previous administration conspired with the powers in the middle east to help create terrorists via clandestine services encouraging the rise of ISIS and the chaos in the ME?

What this administration does is peanuts compared to the war crimes of previous administrations unchecked power.

Sorry, I have a hard time taking you serious now.

So of course you were completely bent out of shape over the last administration.
Remember when he bombed a hospital?
Perhaps you remember when he admitted that DACA was unconstitutional?
Do you remember him signing a deal with Iran that congress never even got to look at?
Perhaps Libya?
Or maybe you can almost remember when he took reporters email and computers?

Oh but that was a smooth talking snake oil salesman of a democrat so that was diffrent.

But it was OK when Obama ignored a Republican Congress......

And you should probably be locked up as a traitor and threat to the nation or else kicked out of the country for life. Personally I prefer that you be exiled because its cheaper.

I certainly don't trust Congress, but why do you trust Trump? Everything about him just screams conman to me. I have read a bit, and have - maybe - some academic understanding of why people are drawn to him. But ultimately, I don't get it. He's the kind of person who makes me ashamed to be human.

Why didn't you make this post while Obama was president?
I did.

Liberals and Democrats... a simple question for you.

While I technically agree with you, I found the previous two presidents abuses of power for more heinous than this current administration.

The continuing concentration of power, and congress' refusal and inability to act, ceding power to what has been termed by scholars as, "the imperial presidency," go back decades now.
Which is all the more reason for the next President to reduce the power of the presidency.

Only now, that the corporate media have essentially conditioned and brainwashed the public at large, with what amounts to irrational hate of the current oval office occupant, when all of these powers were enjoyed previously. . .

It is nothing new.

To stand on a soap box and say you are just now worried? It seems partisan and highly disingenuous.

Where was your outrage after Libya and Benghazi?
Oh…you mean the ones that Secretary of State Clinton testified about twice? We can’t even get the AG to show up when he is subpoenaed.

To stand ona soap box and say you are satisfied with these antics seems partisan and highly disingenuous.

Sorry, I have a hard time taking you serious now.

As I do you.

My my my….

Here I am a liberal asking the democrats to cede power back to what is essentially a 50/50 (blue/red) proposition with the Congress and you guys think I’m being partisan?

You’ve gotten dumber in my absence.

I certainly don't trust Congress, but why do you trust Trump? Everything about him just screams conman to me. I have read a bit, and have - maybe - some academic understanding of why people are drawn to him. But ultimately, I don't get it. He's the kind of person who makes me ashamed to be human.
You're aware that he's dragging down a whole one dollar per year of course.

Eh?

Did you say rule of law? The only law is written by the Holy Spirit. All others are written by your democrats and are all a game that the democrates kick around for fun.

Don't be fooled by smooth talkers -Truman was despised but appreciated years after he left office-you know that results thing-same here. Trump is an awful role model, but the right man for the times. We needed an economic boost, someone to stand up to awful allies and to confuse our enemies who thought they had us figured out. He also has brought back a pride of being American, when certain Democrats are trying to push us out and bring illegal aliens in-paying for their healthcare-not ours. Trust, not fully, but best choice of a lackluster group.

Eh?
That's what he takes for a paycheck.

I agree, the balance of power between Congress and the Presidency is a serious matter, and Trump is testing the limits in ways and to an extent probably without precedent in U.S. history. So, my two cents or so:

1. Remember the years of presidential harassment Bill was subjected to over the years of his presidency, all but bankrupting him by the time he left office? I'd say, Congress is more powerful than you seem to believe.

2. Congressional power is slow to unfold. There are processes to follow, court decisions to await, members of Congress to be herded behind Congressional moves and whatnot. The impression might be, Congress is powerless. This, I think, is a misperception.

3. It is not to be expected that candidates for the Presidency seek to empower Congress beyond what the Constitutional design affords them. The Founders set up a system so that the balance is being maintained by the respective branches eagerly guarding their turf. That's how it is, and should be. That is so not least because a Democratic President may face yet another retarded Congress interfering into Presidential work, and he needs all the Constitutional power he has to perform in his job.

4. While I agree Trump is a lawless crook, I opt for Congress stiffen their spine and use the power at their disposal, vigorously but within the limits of the Constitution, to perform their Congressional duties and get to the bottom of Executive malfeasance. It's not for Presidents and Presidential candidates to give up power to facilitate Congress's work.

I agree, the balance of power between Congress and the Presidency is a serious matter, and Trump is testing the limits in ways and to an extent probably without precedent in U.S. history. So, my two cents or so:

1. Remember the years of presidential harassment Bill was subjected to over the years of his presidency, all but bankrupting him by the time he left office? I'd say, Congress is more powerful than you seem to believe.

2. Congressional power is slow to unfold. There are processes to follow, court decisions to await, members of Congress to be herded behind Congressional moves and whatnot. The impression might be, Congress is powerless. This, I think, is a misperception.

3. It is not to be expected that candidates for the Presidency seek to empower Congress beyond what the Constitutional design affords them. The Founders set up a system so that the balance is being maintained by the respective branches eagerly guarding their turf. That's how it is, and should be. That is so not least because a Democratic President may face yet another retarded Congress interfering into Presidential work, and he needs all the Constitutional power he has to perform in his job.

4. While I agree Trump is a lawless crook, I opt for Congress stiffen their spine and use the power at their disposal, vigorously but within the limits of the Constitution, to perform their Congressional duties and get to the bottom of Executive malfeasance. It's not for Presidents and Presidential candidates to give up power to facilitate Congress's work.

Okay…show me where the Constitution says (one way or the other) that political parties can appoint a Senate Majority Leader and this person can stop the entire body from considering bills passed by the House of Representatives, leave a vacancy on the Supreme Court for nearly a year, etc…

Congress is powerless. As it turns out…you can as President take money from any program that Congress funded and apply it to campaign promises. As it turns out….your administration officials (who Congress approved) can simply refuse to submit to congressional scrutiny. As it turns out….if they do and are held in contempt of Congress….they suffer no penalty.

Forum List

Back