How many times can you bench press 2 plates (225lbs/60kg)?

I always did 6 rep sets. For 20 years, my sweet spot for benching was 380. I could power rip 420, (single rep).
There is a price though, both my rotator cups are destroyed. You can build muscle, but bones and cartilage are what they are, and eventually take damage from heavy weights.
Same here on the rotator cuff thingy.

I got up to a 350 pound bench with free weight, but that was a one lift max.

A smart ass asked me how many reps I could do with 200 pounds or so, and I pressed it 52 times.

I know I cannot do that now, post back surgery. But if I were to risk my back, I think I could do 225 probably twenty times or so, even now.

How often in real life will you be laying on your back pushing a bar off of your chest?
And I find it funny that these people who can bench press their body weight or more can barely do 5 pull ups.
I've seen guys at the gym doing Lat pull downs with so much weight that they have to be held down but again they can't do shit for pull ups.
I've seen guys squat obscene amounts of weight but they can't do a one legged body weight squat
I don't bother with heavy weights and one rep maximums but rather focus on functional strength.
I worked on my bench press back when I was in the Infantry so I could knock the shit out of people with a palm heel strike to their foreheads, and rattle their brains around in their skulls like a ping pong ball.

I did squats so that I could grab a guy by the belt and pick them up off the floor using my legs and then drop them face first onto the floor.

Torso strength allows me to put someone in a full Nelson and then pile drive their face into the concrete repeatedly.

Any other questions?

How often in real life will you be laying on your back pushing a bar off of your chest?
And I find it funny that these people who can bench press their body weight or more can barely do 5 pull ups.
I've seen guys at the gym doing Lat pull downs with so much weight that they have to be held down but again they can't do shit for pull ups.
I've seen guys squat obscene amounts of weight but they can't do a one legged body weight squat
I don't bother with heavy weights and one rep maximums but rather focus on functional strength.
I worked on my bench press back when I was in the Infantry so I could knock the shit out of people with a palm heel strike to their foreheads, and rattle their brains around in their skulls like a ping pong ball.

I did squats so that I could grab a guy by the belt and pick them up off the floor using my legs and then drop them face first onto the floor.

Torso strength allows me to put someone in a full Nelson and then pile drive their face into the concrete repeatedly.

Any other questions?

Uh huh.

How many one legged body weight squats can you do?

Uh huh.
How many one legged body weight squats can you do?

ZERO, lol

I am too fat and old for that stuff now.

Can only 3 pull ups last time I tried about a year ago before my wife took my pull up bar down. 20 push ups.

I am getting depressed now.

Thanks alot. :D

From the link;
"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

From the link;
"Most life lessons can be found under the IRON, but it
is up to you to look for them. Muscles and Faith are similar, if you
do not use and stress them you will stagnate and grow weak. Lift for
you and not for another. Believe that you can and you will if you move

toward that goal. Do nothing and expect nothing."

I don't care what any of you lift and none of you should give a damn what I do. But I do care that you lift...... men should always seek to become stronger, and when they stop that, they stop behaving like men, IMO.

I find it funny that you think generalizations prove some point.

Not really a generalization when I have seen it hundreds of times in my life.

And I'm saying that working out with heavy weights and being obsessed with one rep maximums is not the only measure of strength.

Forum List

Back