How many of you Biden supporters that said the ban on Oil exploration by Biden didn't have an affect on prices???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I and several others here have posted that Biden's ban on oil exploration done the 7th day he was in office was a direct impact on gas prices rising have been proven RIGHT by Biden!!!
Just to recall...
Biden STOPPED On January 27, 2021 the Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters ,
on land that provides 24% of domestic gas production, FACT: 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
Gas prices on 1/25/21... $2.392 Gas prices as of 5/2/22 $4.182 or a $1.79 increase in 14 months or nearly 75% INCREASE !
But NOW...
even Biden agrees that federal leases are necessary to lower gas prices!!!!
Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
The move comes as President Joe Biden seeks new ways to help lower gas prices.

So those of you that criticized those of us that pointed the direct relationship to banning exploration on land that produced 24% of oil/gas would raise prices.... Joe agrees with us.... so what about you?
gasprices2021_2022.png

Last edited:
Can it be said that sanctions against Russia has had a reverse effect on Americans?

We could entertain that as being the main reason for the war between America and Russia.

Cancel Russia's ability to do that with their huge oil resources. It could very well be the biggest consideration that will dictate world supremacy between America and Russia/China.

I and several others here have posted that Biden's ban on oil exploration done the 7th day he was in office was a direct impact on gas prices rising have been proven RIGHT by Biden!!!
Just to recall...
Biden STOPPED On January 27, 2021 the Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters ,
on land that provides 24% of domestic gas production, FACT: 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
Gas prices on 1/25/21... $2.392 Gas prices as of 5/2/22 $4.182 or a $1.79 increase in 14 months or nearly 75% INCREASE !
But NOW...
Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands

So those of you that criticized those of us that pointed the direct relationship to banning exploration on land that produced 24% of oil/gas would raise prices.... Joe agrees with us.... so what about you?
View attachment 642378
Can you please just stop perpetuating this bullshit.

Biden STOPPED On January 27, 2021 the Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters

I mean it is just stupid.

A federal judge blocked that ban. and this happened.

New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

Nearly 2,000 of the drilling permits were approved on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management’s New Mexico office, followed by 843 in Wyoming, 285 in Montana and North Dakota, and 191 in Utah. In California, the Biden administration approved 187 permits — more than twice the 71 drilling permits Trump approved in that state in his first year.

Biden STOPPED On January 27, 2021 the Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters

Sure, it's all stupid if the threat of climate change is a fake concern.

FACT: 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands.

Production comes from production wells. Not the federal leasing program.

Cuts in production come from shutting down producing wells, not pausing the federal leasing program.

Trump helped finalize a deal to cut worldwide oil production in his final year in office. It became effective right about the same time demand for oil started to outweigh production.

" The agreement announced on Sunday will taper into a 7.7-million-barrel-a-day cut from July to December and then to 5.8 million barrels a day from January 2021 to April 2022."

#SAULBIDEN#

Production comes from production wells. Not the federal leasing program.

Cuts in production come from shutting down producing wells, not pausing the federal leasing program.

Trump helped finalize a deal to cut worldwide oil production in his final year in office. It became effective right about the same time demand for oil started to outweigh production.

" The agreement announced on Sunday will taper into a 7.7-million-barrel-a-day cut from July to December and then to 5.8 million barrels a day from January 2021 to April 2022."

#SAULBIDEN#
You wrote: "Production comes from production wells. Not the federal leasing program."
Question. Then why do oil exploration companies sign OIL EXPLORATION leases for Federal land?

New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

Nearly 2,000 of the drilling permits were approved on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management’s New Mexico office, followed by 843 in Wyoming, 285 in Montana and North Dakota, and 191 in Utah. In California, the Biden administration approved 187 permits — more than twice the 71 drilling permits Trump approved in that state in his first year.

Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands​

PUBLISHED FRI, APR 15 20226:09 PM EDTUPDATED FRI, APR 15 20228:23 PM EDT
Less than 3 weeks ago!
The above were leases filed under Trump and then approved by Biden!

Biden pauses new oil and gas leases amid legal battle over cost of climate change​

They purchase leases for those tracks of land for future exploration of course.

I agree! But if they aren't allowed to lease the land that produces 24% of our oil/gas production then market logic says, hmmm if we can't get gas from 24% of the land, that's going to make the other 71% more expensive! Let's raise our prices to day to make up for the loss in the future!
Totally the rationale by the oil companies' planners!

I agree! But if they aren't allowed to lease the land that produces 24% of our oil/gas production then market logic says, hmmm if we can't get gas from 24% of the land, that's going to make the other 71% more expensive! Let's raise our prices to day to make up for the loss in the future!
Totally the rationale by the oil companies' planners!

There is no expense in not purchasing a lease nor will it increase the cost of drilling or exploring on another site.

If there was an extended pause on drilling permits you might have a point.

Can it be said that sanctions against Russia has had a reverse effect on Americans?

We could entertain that as being the main reason for the war between America and Russia.

Cancel Russia's ability to do that with their huge oil resources. It could very well be the biggest consideration that will dictate world supremacy between America and Russia/China.

Tis better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a moron than open it and remove all doubt

LOL, the complete idiot who got his own user name wrong, LOL. You didn't understand Orwell's books and picked the wrong side. That's freaking hilarious

There is no expense in not purchasing a lease nor will it increase the cost of drilling or exploring on another site.

One of the most significant and unintended outcomes of the ruling is the government’s pause on new oil and gas leases and permits to drill on federal lands and waters. Lease sales in states across the U.S. West, including Montana and Wyoming, are now delayed.
“Agencies are experiencing significant delays and wastes of resources as they scramble to rehash economic and environmental analyses prepared in connection with a broad array of government actions,” the Department of Justice wrote in a legal filing on Saturday.
“Work surrounding public-facing rules, grants, leases, permits, and other projects has been delayed or stopped altogether so that agencies can assess whether and how they can proceed,” the department wrote.

A pause on new leases and permits​

On his first day in office, Biden restored the climate cost estimate to roughly $51 per ton of carbon dioxide emissions, following the Trump administration decision to cut the number to roughly $7 or less per ton and account only for the impacts in the U.S. rather than across the world.

But of course the above comments are from the experts...not me!
Another reason gas prices under Trump were reduced.
Facts: Gallon gas in 02/06/17 $2.082 and then in 12/07/20 $1.816 or 27¢ LESS per gallon !
USGASprices0217-1220.png

Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands​

PUBLISHED FRI, APR 15 20226:09 PM EDTUPDATED FRI, APR 15 20228:23 PM EDT
Less than 3 weeks ago!

Biden pauses new oil and gas leases amid legal battle over cost of climate change​

You have some real reading comprehension issues, I lend it to your incredible partisanship and a hunger for confirmation bias. Let me explain how things have went down. First, yes, in his first week in office the Biden administration announced they would sell no new leases on government land. Several Republican states sued and had the order nullified. The Biden administration continued to sell leases while the matter was litigated and sold them like hotcakes after the ruling. Here is an example from back in November,

And yes, as your link indicated, Biden reinstated the environmental cost factor of the Obama administration. Once again, Republican states sued to stop it. They won with a cock-eyed ruling, and the Biden administration said, fine, we will quit selling new leases. That was back in February of this year. My article clearly came from a few days ago, and the Biden administration is back to selling leases again.

But the really comical claim in your response,

What total ignorance. You can't "apply" for a lease. You buy one, when they are offered at auction. And once you have the lease, you don't need flippin approval. From Biden himself,

“The oil and gas industry has millions of acres leased … they could be drilling right now, yesterday, last week, last year,” Biden said last week. “They are not using them for production now. That’s their decision.”

I mean this continued blaming of Biden for higher gas prices has only one component that is true. Biden has lifted us out of the near recession Trump's inept handling of Covid induced. I mean your gas price comparison, it is comically stupid. Gas is going to be cheap when people are holed up in their houses and afraid to go out. Like Du Huh. We are now getting out again. People are going on vacation, booking flights on airlines, purchasing hotel rooms, actually showing up at work instead of working from home. I mean you focus on the supply side, incorrectly I might add because supply is actually up, and ignore the demand side of the equation. That is what people obsessed with confirmation bias do, and that makes your posts, and your opinions, absolutely worthless.

LOL, the complete idiot who got his own user name wrong, LOL. You didn't understand Orwell's books and picked the wrong side. That's freaking hilarious
*sigh*

I have explained this to you before. I mean please pay attention.

Winston worked for the Ministry of Truth. His job was to go back and change news article to reflect the will of the party. Orwell used this because of what was happening in the Soviet Union. Pictures of leaders before Stalin were expunged from the public record. Back then, it was microfilm, and Stalin instructed those able to actually eliminate, and in some cases, cut out, images of those that opposed his policies. Precisely the job of Winston Smith.

Another huge part of 1984 was 2 + 2 = 5. And here we are, in a world where 2 + 2 = 5 with you Trumpnuts. I mean the whole premise of this thread is a clear example. Gas prices are higher because Biden quit approving drilling on public lands. First, that never happened, mostly because, once a lease is sold, Biden doesn't have to approve jackshit. And while it is true, Biden attempted to stop issuing new leases, that is not what happened. He was blocked by the courts and sold more leases in his first year than Trump did in his first year. Domestic oil production is up over Trump's last year in office and will exceed even his best year by the end of this year. We are more energy independent now than at anytime under Trump. That is 2 + 2 = 4. Easily manipulated fools like you and Healthmyths allow the "state" in the form of right wing propaganda sites, FOX news the most visible example, have convinced you that 2 + 2 = 5. You don't have the intellect, the will, or the fortitude to fight it. You could never be Winston. I am Winston. I speak truth to ignorance. I don't forget. I will not erase, or even revise, history.

Oh my Thor.

You don't know how supply and demand works.
Neither do you. This inaccurate focus on supply totally ignores the demand side of the equation. Which is kind of understandable from you numbnut libertarian Trumpbots. Say's Law--which states that supply dictates demand, IS FAWKING DEAD. It is stupid. I mean the premise of the damn law is that the reason no one buys horse buggies anymore is because we didn't make enough horse buggies. So hell, when are one of you people going to start manufacturing rotary phones. Comically stupid.

You have some real reading comprehension issues, I lend it to your incredible partisanship and a hunger for confirmation bias. Let me explain how things have went down. First, yes, in his first week in office the Biden administration announced they would sell no new leases on government land. Several Republican states sued and had the order nullified. The Biden administration continued to sell leases while the matter was litigated and sold them like hotcakes after the ruling. Here is an example from back in November,

And yes, as your link indicated, Biden reinstated the environmental cost factor of the Obama administration. Once again, Republican states sued to stop it. They won with a cock-eyed ruling, and the Biden administration said, fine, we will quit selling new leases. That was back in February of this year. My article clearly came from a few days ago, and the Biden administration is back to selling leases again.

But the really comical claim in your response,

What total ignorance. You can't "apply" for a lease. You buy one, when they are offered at auction. And once you have the lease, you don't need flippin approval. From Biden himself,

“The oil and gas industry has millions of acres leased … they could be drilling right now, yesterday, last week, last year,” Biden said last week. “They are not using them for production now. That’s their decision.”

I mean this continued blaming of Biden for higher gas prices has only one component that is true. Biden has lifted us out of the near recession Trump's inept handling of Covid induced. I mean your gas price comparison, it is comically stupid. Gas is going to be cheap when people are holed up in their houses and afraid to go out. Like Du Huh. We are now getting out again. People are going on vacation, booking flights on airlines, purchasing hotel rooms, actually showing up at work instead of working from home. I mean you focus on the supply side, incorrectly I might add because supply is actually up, and ignore the demand side of the equation. That is what people obsessed with confirmation bias do, and that makes your posts, and your opinions, absolutely worthless.
So Biden has ADMITTED he was wrong about the banning of leases and raising the rate!
Why else is he doing this?
But NOW...
You can't defend him as he admits he needs to lower gas prices!
GEEZ There is no question that gas prices have gone up because of the actions of Biden.
And HE admits it!

So if you remove 24% of your potential inventory it doesn't raise the costs of your only source, i.e. private lands?

So if you remove 24% of your potential inventory it doesn't raise the costs of your only source, i.e. private lands?
Did you miss the fire sale of leases during the waning months of Trump? Their inventory of federal leases on the books has little to do with the 24% production level.

Forum List

Back