How many of you Biden supporters that said the ban on Oil exploration by Biden didn't have an affect on prices???

Well THANK YOU for validating my comment! So when supply is less than demand....what happens ?
Prices go up! When 24% of the productive oil comes from Federal lands that planners can't count on in the future...
what did they do? RAISE their prices, which caused refineries to "RAISE" their prices, which caused gas stations to do what ???? RAISE THEIR PRICES to consumers!
Everything you wrote supports that supply vs demand!

World wide oil supply went down because producing wells were shut down due to lack of demand and
Trump negotiating production cuts from OPEC and US oil producers, not because of the pause on new leases on federal land. When demand came roaring back the producing nations were not able to increase production as fast as they shut it off because they have to re-drill most of the wells, not because of Biden's pause on new lease sales on federal lands.

No, Biden never admitted he was wrong on the ban on additional leases. The courts stopped him. So can we at least get to the point where you admit the entire premise of your initial OP was flawed?

He has taken steps to alleviate gas prices, like releasing oil from the strategic reserve. But whatever he does, you dumbass Trumpbots squeal like stuck pigs. His increase in royalty rate to 18.75%, still a damn bargain. In Saudia Arabia the royalty rate is 20%, and the tax rate is, wait for it, 85%. Texas, the royalty rate for drilling on state lands, 25%.

The supply side of this equation is the loss of 4 million barrels a day from Russia, period. Has nothing to do with Biden, nothing to do with leases on public lands, nothing to do with the royalty rate. And that 4 million barrels a day is worldwide. The release of one million a day from the STOR more than compensates for the effect on the US. Biden's failure is his inability to get OPEC to make up the difference. Not like Trump would have done any better, he was pretty much on his knees in front of OPEC leaders with his mouth wide open. This is a demand side problem, and exporting diesel is, well just stupid. That is the first step to getting things under control.

Another big factor here that no one is seeing. The Trump corporate tax cut. Oil companies are now more risk averse, and drilling new wells in the face of a potential decline is demand, like what happened with Covid, is a risk many are not willing to take. Personally, I would double the corporate tax rate, and in effect, cut in half the risk exposure of those oil companies. Because those companies are more worried about the money they stand to lose than the amount of money they might could make.
You wrote (again no proof, no links!)
"The supply side of this equation is the loss of 4 million barrels a day from Russia, period"
245,194,000 barrels per year in 2021
20,432,833 barrels per month in 2021
675,465 barrels per day in 2021!
How in the hell were you off by 84%???
See once again if you don't substantiate YOU are so DUMB! You wrote: 4 million barrels a day from Russia, period

USOIL imports2021.png

Well THANK YOU for validating my comment! So when supply is less than demand....what happens ?
Prices go up! When 24% of the productive oil comes from Federal lands that planners can't count on in the future...
what did they do? RAISE their prices, which caused refineries to "RAISE" their prices, which caused gas stations to do what ???? RAISE THEIR PRICES to consumers!
Everything you wrote supports that supply vs demand!
No it doesn't you idiot. You claim, falsely, that oil from federally owned land has been eliminated. It hasn't. So you start with a falsehood and then double down on stupid by claiming something that didn't happen would cause prices to rise today simply because of anticipated future costs. The oil markets don't work that way dumbass. What if they jack the price up too high and can't sell all the oil coming out of those wells? Sure, they can store some of it. Hell, if they are lucky, they can even sell it to the strategic oil reserve, although not at a high price. The STOR sells high and buys low But eventually, when all those tankers are floating around in the ocean full of oil, they can't store anymore, and then they have to pay people to take that oil. Because remember, it is coming out of those wells. That is precisely why oil went negative. Gasoline is even worse. It has a limited shelf life, sell it or lose it. So they use price to control demand. They don't give a happy damn about next year because the gas they have now ain't going to be worth two shits next year.

I have explained all this to you, but you got your head so far up your ass that you can't see it. In fact, with your head that far up your ass I don't see how you could see to cast a ballot. Obviously, you are too stupid to handle the responsibility of voting.

"The supply side of this equation is the loss of 4 million barrels a day from Russia, period"
See once again if you don't substantiate YOU are so DUMB! You wrote: 4 million barrels a day from Russia, period

View attachment 642840
What part of "per day" do you not understand? And that is total Russian production. At the moment, down two million barrels a day. Could reach up to seven.

View attachment 642840
Look, step away from the keyboard. My statement was 4 million barrels per day. Your source clearly indicates we don't even import a million barrels per day from Russia. How in the hell do you get this "off by 84%" bullshit. Are you high or drunk?

I and several others here have posted that Biden's ban on oil exploration done the 7th day he was in office was a direct impact on gas prices rising have been proven RIGHT by Biden!!!
Just to recall...
Biden STOPPED On January 27, 2021 the Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters ,
on land that provides 24% of domestic gas production, FACT: 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
Gas prices on 1/25/21... $2.392 Gas prices as of 5/2/22 $4.182 or a $1.79 increase in 14 months or nearly 75% INCREASE !
But NOW...
even Biden agrees that federal leases are necessary to lower gas prices!!!!
Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
The move comes as President Joe Biden seeks new ways to help lower gas prices.

So those of you that criticized those of us that pointed the direct relationship to banning exploration on land that produced 24% of oil/gas would raise prices.... Joe agrees with us.... so what about you?

What Biden did was propose a 90 day moratorium on new leases so they could examine the current policies. In the first year, Biden approved 3,557 permits for drilling on federal land. Trump approved 2,658 permits for drilling on federal land in his first year. That is a myth.

"As an environmentalist, I wish the administration would crack down on fossil fuel drilling much, much more," Hartl told Newsweek. "I think in the long run, it's super harmful. But it's just not factually accurate for the industry to complain, 'We're so helpless' when they've been given a huge green light over the last year and they're sitting on thousands and thousands of permits to drill. What are they waiting for?"

The reason for the high prices is that the oil industry is keeping supply low to keep prices high. In a Dallas Fed survey, 59% cite shareholders as the reason they are not drilling. Only 7% cite the government as a impediment to drilling. In addition, there were 800 oil rigs in operation pre-pandemic. It fell to around 300 during Trump's watch. In June 2020, it fell to 274 during the pandemic. As of Feb 2022, it stood at 636. That means they have shuttered 526 oil rigs and have re-opened only 362 drilling sites.

What Biden did was propose a 90 day moratorium on new leases so they could examine the current policies. In the first year, Biden approved 3,557 permits for drilling on federal land. Trump approved 2,658 permits for drilling on federal land in his first year. That is a myth.

"As an environmentalist, I wish the administration would crack down on fossil fuel drilling much, much more," Hartl told Newsweek. "I think in the long run, it's super harmful. But it's just not factually accurate for the industry to complain, 'We're so helpless' when they've been given a huge green light over the last year and they're sitting on thousands and thousands of permits to drill. What are they waiting for?"

The reason for the high prices is that the oil industry is keeping supply low to keep prices high. In a Dallas Fed survey, 59% cite shareholders as the reason they are not drilling. Only 7% cite the government as a impediment to drilling. In addition, there were 800 oil rigs in operation pre-pandemic. It fell to around 300 during Trump's watch. In June 2020, it fell to 274 during the pandemic. As of Feb 2022, it stood at 636. That means they have shuttered 526 oil rigs and have re-opened only 362 drilling sites.

And I bet you are a believer that this price of gas is totally attributed as my local news cast suggest to Russia invading Ukraine! Yes the cause is because Russian oil is being disrupted.
Hmmm.. Interesting when the media covers up for Biden. Especially when FACTS totally refute this!

Biden blames Putin for high gas prices — but this timeline proves it’s the prez’s own fault​

Joe Biden
stated on March 14, 2022 in a speech to the National League of Cities:
“Make no mistake: The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”
NOTE: politifact.com agrees with Biden! Said this was a TRUE statement!
So folks why didn't politifact.com look at this table?
First of all how much oil is used by the USA per year? Well In 2021, the United States consumed an average of about 19.78 million barrels of petroleum per day, or a total of about 7.22 billion barrels of petroleum.
Hmmm 7,220,000,000 barrels used by USA in 2021...
Hmmm The USA imported 245,194,000 barrels in 2021 from Russia.
That is 20,432,833 barrels per month or 675,465 barrels per day in 2021!
245,194,000 barrels from Russia in 2021 divided by 7,220,000,000 barrels used by USA per year...
HMMM>>>>> that's 3.3% of the USA total used!
Just 3.3% of USA total from Russia... Wow certainly affects price!
TELL me folks when does 3.3% translate into affecting price of gas?

It is just amazing how local news, MSM and even the supposedly (Politifact.org WRONG!
check out this web site regarding politifact.org!!!) PolitiFact Bias

USOIL imports2021.png

I am just going to throw it out there because it is so obvious. Within this thread we have seen that oil prices were higher in 2008 and yet gas prices were lower. I believe demand in 2008 would have been just as high as today, at least early in the year. The reality is that the oil companies, just like Republicans, have no interest whatsoever in lowering those prices under Biden's tenure.

What is the first proposal of Republican's to fight inflation? Decrease regulations on the oil industry. Two problems with that. First, almost every real economist will tell you that decreasing those regulations will have little to no impact on inflation in the short term, and only a minimal impact on inflation in the long term. But the second problem is the fantasy that oil companies would pass the savings of that deregulation to consumers. Did corporations pass on the savings to consumers they got with the corporate tax cut? A definite fool me once, fool me twice scenario here.

Look, the Republicans are all but promising the oil companies, you keep prices high and we will use that has a sledgehammer against Democrats, win back power, and deregulate your industry. That will allow you to externalize your cost and increase the profits that you can pass on to shareholders and inflate your executive compensation. We will do our part too, blocking any attempts from the administration to curb inflation, like the BBB legislation. It has several components that would increase the efficiency of the supply chain and enhance productivity. Again, any economist will tell that will provide better results when it comes to fighting inflation than deregulating the oil industry. The bill also includes programs to decrease the cost of prescription drugs, a real driver of current inflation numbers. And Republicans stand united, along with a couple of bought and bossed democrats like Joe Manchin.

The tradeoff couldn't be more simple. Tax corporations and the wealthy a little bit higher, reduce the cost of prescription drugs, increase the efficiency of the supply chain, and enhance productivity. I mean this is like Econ 101 for dummies. Of course that would lower inflation. But here is the primary point.

Given that oil companies are sticking it to you simply to manipulate political opinion. Given that Republicans are pretty much sitting on their damn hands simply to benefit from the "gold mine" that is inflation. Both entities don't give two shits that you are paying more at the pump, at the grocery store, and even at the restaurant. Are those Republicans representing you, or are they mere tools of the oil companies? I mean this ain't rocket science.

First, I would divest my stock portfolio of any oil company stock. I don't care if they could provide a good return, I can find just as good a return in more ethical industries. Second, I would purchase my gasoline from independent stations with no brand affiliation. Which is kind of smart right now, they are usually cheaper for reasons that I can explain later if anyone is interested, and I have explained it before. But third, I be damned if I would ever vote for a Republican, and I sure wouldn't sent them two shits as a donation. These guys are whores that don't give a damn about you or I.

Look, I have voted for Republicans. The party used to actually stand for something. But this group, that started with the so ignorantly named "tea party" and completely morphed to total shit with the MAGA movement. "Again", how flipping insulting, and racist really. The founders would have already ran these dipshits out of DC on a rail, tarred and feathered for good measure. They exemplify the very type of political operative the founders revolted against. I mean you think it was just a king, although Trump is a pretty good representation of a king.

I mean right now, if the founders would suddenly climb out of their graves, Jefferson, Madison, Mason, Hamilton, Franklin, my personal favorite, Rodney, they would show the dumbshit Trumpbots how to storm the Capital. They sure as hell wouldn't be taking selfies for Facebook. I mean my God, look at some of the Republican members, MTG, Boebert, Cawthorn might lead the way, but Kennedy, Foxx, Jordan, Budd, Gaetz. Gohmert, these are some of the dumbest dipshits that have ever graced the halls of Congress. None of them are capable of leading a Cub Scout pack, let alone be a member of Congress. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Look, step away from the keyboard. My statement was 4 million barrels per day. Your source clearly indicates we don't even import a million barrels per day from Russia. How in the hell do you get this "off by 84%" bullshit. Are you high or drunk?

You said 4 million barrels per day... YET the government statistics say 675,465 barrels per day
My 4th grade arithmetic says if the EIA says 675,465 barrels per day and you say 4 million hmmmm you are
off by wait... EIA says 675,465 per day and you said 4,000,000 or you are off by 3,324,634 or 84%!!!

In 2021, the United States consumed an average of about 19.78 million barrels of petroleum per day, or a
total of about 7.22 billion barrels of petroleum.
Hmmm ..... 7,220,000,000 barrels used by USA in 2021...
Hmmm...... The USA imported 245,194,000 barrels in 2021 from Russia.
Thats 20,432,833 barrels per month or 675,465 barrels per day in 2021!
245,194,000 barrels from Russia in 2021 divided by 7,220,000,000 barrels used by USA per year...
HMMM>>>>> that's 3.3% of the USA total used! Just 3.3% !

Oil pricing is global. It would not matter if the US did not import a drop from Russia. 4 million barrels a day are no longer hitting the world market. That's less supply that along with increasing demand, raises the prices. "Energy independence", unless you forced oil companies to process and sell all oil drilled in the us to be sold in the US AND set prices, would not change the global pricing.

You said 4 million barrels per day... YET the government statistics say 675,465 barrels per day
My 4th grade arithmetic says if the EIA says 675,465 barrels per day and you say 4 million hmmmm you are
off by wait... EIA says 675,465 per day and you said 4,000,000 or you are off by 3,324,634 or 84%!!!

In 2021, the United States consumed an average of about 19.78 million barrels of petroleum per day, or a
total of about 7.22 billion barrels of petroleum.
Hmmm ..... 7,220,000,000 barrels used by USA in 2021...
Hmmm...... The USA imported 245,194,000 barrels in 2021 from Russia.
Thats 20,432,833 barrels per month or 675,465 barrels per day in 2021!
HMMM>>>>> that's 3.3% of the USA total used! Just 3.3% !
Look you stupid shit, my four million per day number was the loss of production for Russia, not the amount the US consumes. That is four million barrels per day off the WORLD market. And oil prices are based on the WORLD market, not the US. And it is not four million yet, just two, but it could reach seven in the very near term.

Look you stupid shit, my four million per day number was the loss of production for Russia, not the amount the US consumes. That is four million barrels per day off the WORLD market. And oil prices are based on the WORLD market, not the US. And it is not four million yet, just two, but it could reach seven in the very near term.
I am going to do something I don't believe you've every done... say you are wrong!
I was wrong. You did reference Russia's "4 million barrels a day is worldwide."
So the fact is that banning Russia oil (Which started according to the below table in Mar.
My point of this thread was Biden's blaming Russia and when the real blame was his ban on exploration on land
that produces over 24% of USA oil, federal lands!
But more importantly what affect does Russia's 4 million barrels a day have on world's oil demands?
FACT: It is estimated that the world consumes more than 88 million barrels of oil per day.

So what affect does 4 million barrels have on 88 million? Well I don't know but the math is simple:
4 million divided by 88 million is 4.5% Hardly a big dent! But evidently small brains see 4.5% as a big factor!
So explain to me how 4.5% is a "BIG factor"?
Russia_oilimport.png

I am going to do something I don't believe you've every done... say you are wrong!
I was wrong. You did reference Russia's "4 million barrels a day is worldwide."
So the fact is that banning Russia oil (Which started according to the below table in Mar.
My point of this thread was Biden's blaming Russia and when the real blame was his ban on exploration on land
that produces over 24% of USA oil, federal lands!
But more importantly what affect does Russia's 4 million barrels a day have on world's oil demands?
FACT: It is estimated that the world consumes more than 88 million barrels of oil per day.

So what affect does 4 million barrels have on 88 million? Well I don't know but the math is simple:
4 million divided by 88 million is 4.5% Hardly a big dent! But evidently small brains see 4.5% as a big factor!
So explain to me how 4.5% is a "BIG factor"?
View attachment 643143
Thanks for admitting you were wrong, can you do it again. Biden has not banned exploration on public lands, has not stopped production on public land, and has not even stopped issuing permits. Your entire premise here is based on a false assumption.

Now, to 4.5% having a big impact on price. How much that loss of production will effect price is not based on the percentage of total production that loss is. It is based on the elasticity of demand, specifically, price elasticity If elasticity is high, there would be little impact. But if it is low, inelastic, then even a minor drop in overall production could lead to very significant price increases. Gasoline in particular, and the energy sector in general, is usually given as an example of inelastic demand.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, can you do it again. Biden has not banned exploration on public lands, has not stopped production on public land, and has not even stopped issuing permits. Your entire premise here is based on a false assumption.

Now, to 4.5% having a big impact on price. How much that loss of production will effect price is not based on the percentage of total production that loss is. It is based on the elasticity of demand, specifically, price elasticity If elasticity is high, there would be little impact. But if it is low, inelastic, then even a minor drop in overall production could lead to very significant price increases. Gasoline in particular, and the energy sector in general, is usually given as an example of inelastic demand.
You wrote: that I said "Biden has not banned exploration on public lands, has not stopped production on public land, and has not even stopped issuing permits. Your entire premise here is based on a false assumption."

I never ever wrote Biden stopped production! THAT's such a LIE!!! Admit it! In all my posts I said he STOPPED
"production on land that provided 24% of our oil and gas! That was a lie!
Again BIDEN admitted it! He has allowed the leasing of oil/gas exploration on Federal lands.
FACTS: Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
PUBLISHED FRI, APR 15 2022
You evidently don't understand the distinction.
A) You can't produce oil and gas without exploration.
B) You can't explore on Federal Lands without buying Federal oil/gas exploration leases.
C) ONLY after spending up to 10 years in exploring and developing an oil field can you start production!

In summary If Biden didn't ban exploration 7 days into his presidency (Biden suspends oil and gas leasing in slew of executive actions on climate change PUBLISHED WED, JAN 27 2021)
then why did he resume leasing on 4/15/22???

So your statement:
"Gasoline in particular, and the energy sector in general, is usually given as an example of inelastic demand." And so your belief as Biden's belief that Russian oil which is 4.5% share of the 88 million barrels a day the world uses has a "big impact on price" on price. You wrote it!
"Putin's invasion of Ukraine has driven up gas prices," Biden said.
Really? But Biden blocking exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil and gas had NO affect?
Really? https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R42432
4.5% has a bigger impact on US gas pump prices than stopping exploration on land that provides 24% of the USA oil/gas?
Really?????

I and several others here have posted that Biden's ban on oil exploration done the 7th day he was in office was a direct impact on gas prices rising have been proven RIGHT by Biden!!!
Just to recall...
Biden STOPPED On January 27, 2021 the Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters ,
on land that provides 24% of domestic gas production, FACT: 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
Gas prices on 1/25/21... $2.392 Gas prices as of 5/2/22 $4.182 or a $1.79 increase in 14 months or nearly 75% INCREASE !
But NOW...
even Biden agrees that federal leases are necessary to lower gas prices!!!!
Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
The move comes as President Joe Biden seeks new ways to help lower gas prices.

So those of you that criticized those of us that pointed the direct relationship to banning exploration on land that produced 24% of oil/gas would raise prices.... Joe agrees with us.... so what about you?
View attachment 642378
Oil companies have stopped pumping on many established wells in order to make more money with price rises.

But Biden blocking exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil and gas had NO affect?
You've made this claim before. Prove that President Biden put a moratorium on exploration on federal lands.

We can all spin this until we pass out from motion sickness. The truth of the matter is, gas prices have skyrocketed under Biden and they were very low under Trump. All the finger pointing and caterwauling by liberal useful idiots won’t change that, nor will it change the electorate’s desire for change come this November.

Oil companies have stopped pumping on many established wells in order to make more money with price rises.
Really? Where is your proof? So using your subjective and unsupported logic, They should shut down even more
of their wells and raise the prices even higher right? Guess you never heard of the concept "Supply and demand".
Hmmm using your logic... the oil companies say let's cut back our production and raise the prices and all other oil companies will do the same..!!!" RIGHT!!

You've made this claim before. Prove that President Biden put a moratorium on exploration on federal lands.

Ever heard of using the Internet???

Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands​

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 11.05.37 AM.png

Forum List

Back