How many military families are on food stamps?

When the military gets a pay raise, it's across the board - same percentage for all ranks. Because the housing and food allowances are not taxed, those have historically been the places where most of that raise gets put.

Unlike civilian companies, the military has a clear expectation of promotions to higher rank with time - it gets harder and takes longer to get from E-6 to E-7, etc. Which is why the average retiree is an E-7 with 20 years' service.....

I made E7 in 12 years...then spent 10 years stuck there..... The 80's were not good years in the Signal corps for upper level promotions.

Not a lot of money but for a Private E1 in the Army with less than 2 years experience the base Pay is $18,194. Remember this does not include bonuses, allowances and other benefits. So with room board and uniform provided..... Why the food stamps? This is a hell of a lot more than I was making when I was in.

Army Base Pay and Basic Pay Chart | goarmy.com

Exactly - It doesn't even make sense. How could an active single enlisted be on food stamps?
100% of their expenses are paid while on duty.

The only troops who could be on food stamps are those who are married with 2 kids when they get to basic.... And that's damned few and for a short period of time. Once they make PFC they'd be out of the range....

Forum List

Back