.....how many are subject to arrest for the attack?....

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Over in that nearby 'Capitol Insurrection Hearings' thread....an old thread re-freshed just today, I noted some metrics that I had been hunting for.
So, I'd like to make this thread just about the numbers.
How many were there?
How many entered the building?
How many were content to stay outside and break the laws?

In short, what was the count on the folks who illegally entered the Capitol building on January 6th? And, in posts #1313 and 1315 of that thread we see the Sedition Hunters webpage offers one metric: 1,569 illegally entered.

I am pretty sure I have seen another number, but cannot recall where, that number was something like 2,100. Note: these are folks who entered the Capitol itself, not necessarily all who broke laws. Some of the Dicks&Karens who may have beating the crap outta the police outside the building may not have actually entered it. So the number of perps may be higer. And that may be where my elusive "2,100" arises?

And from other sources (Business Insider, for one) we note that about 768 of those lawbreakers have been arrested. So, depending on the base number...1,569 or 2,100.....America has arrested anywhere from 37% of the suspects to 49%.
Regardless, which metrics we use there is clearly more work to be done.

It goes without saying that despite the thousands and thousands of hours of video images too few have been arrested. The police say that is because there were very very few actually arrested on the grounds that day. The police were simply too overwhelmed battling violent mobs to make arrests on the spot. Hence, a lot of perps simply walked away.

But not all is lost, because of those thousands of hours of images, the government...ala' FBI/DOJ have much to comb through. And, of course, the good patriotic work of online sleuths, like Sedition Hunters, allows identification, and arrests of those in the backlog.

So, as has been suggested before---if you recognize anyone on the Sedition Hunters site, well, be a loyal patriotic American citizen and do your duty. Help the authorities identify those people whe assaulted the Capitol and attacked our democracy with their violent attempt to stop the Constituitionally mandated accounting of each state's duly authorized Electoral Votes.

Doing a little more googling, I found these references:

"....10,000 people came onto Capitol grounds, with many engaging in violent clashes with officers trying to protect the building and lawmakers inside. At least 2,000 made it inside the Capitol building."

The FBI has estimated that 2,000 people may have been involved in the attack that day.

Any source that uses the term "insurrection", "sedition", and/or "coup" to describe 6 Jan is a agitprop turd, and can safely be disregarded.
And about those OathKeepers who were indicted or "seditious conspiracy"?

And Trump would pardon ALL of them no matter what they did

Last edited:
They've arrested and tried over 750.

Most got probation, community service and a fine.

Each paid $500 to help repair the $1.5 million dollars of damage to the Capitol building.

Over in that nearby 'Capitol Insurrection Hearings' thread....an old thread re-freshed just today, I noted some metrics that I had been hunting for.
So, I'd like to make this thread just about the numbers.
How many were there?
How many entered the building?
How many were content to stay outside and break the laws?

In short, what was the count on the folks who illegally entered the Capitol building on January 6th? And, in posts #1313 and 1315 of that thread we see the Sedition Hunters webpage offers one metric: 1,569 illegally entered.

I am pretty sure I have seen another number, but cannot recall where, that number was something like 2,100. Note: these are folks who entered the Capitol itself, not necessarily all who broke laws. Some of the Dicks&Karens who may have beating the crap outta the police outside the building may not have actually entered it. So the number of perps may be higer. And that may be where my elusive "2,100" arises?

And from other sources (Business Insider, for one) we note that about 768 of those lawbreakers have been arrested. So, depending on the base number...1,569 or 2,100.....America has arrested anywhere from 37% of the suspects to 49%.
Regardless, which metrics we use there is clearly more work to be done.

It goes without saying that despite the thousands and thousands of hours of video images too few have been arrested. The police say that is because there were very very few actually arrested on the grounds that day. The police were simply too overwhelmed battling violent mobs to make arrests on the spot. Hence, a lot of perps simply walked away.

But not all is lost, because of those thousands of hours of images, the government...ala' FBI/DOJ have much to comb through. And, of course, the good patriotic work of online sleuths, like Sedition Hunters, allows identification, and arrests of those in the backlog.

So, as has been suggested before---if you recognize anyone on the Sedition Hunters site, well, be a loyal patriotic American citizen and do your duty. Help the authorities identify those people whe assaulted the Capitol and attacked our democracy with their violent attempt to stop the Constituitionally mandated accounting of each state's duly authorized Electoral Votes.

It isn't about the misguided rubes who were used as pawns on Jan 6th. It's about the people who put them there.

Some of them, like the Oathkeepers, are highly organized rubes, and must be punished appropriately. These people are simply no longer tethered to reality and are as psychotic and dangerous as Tim McVeigh.

But the focus needs to be on the seditionists, those who pumped these people up in the months before the insurrection. We know who they are, and it's obvious.

Any source that uses the term "insurrection", "sedition", and/or "coup" to describe 6 Jan is a agitprop turd, and can safely be disregarded.
They may be hateful idiots but IMO, it's a mistake to just ignore them. If they could have their way, they'd be rounding their political enemies up at gunpoint and in many cases, purging them. This tribal nonsense has gone critical and it has become dangerous. Did you ever think you'd see real political prisoners in America? I didn't. I won't ever make that mistake again. When one of the Schutzstaffel comes banging on the door at 4 AM... it'll be some handy info to be aware of.

Well, I have little idea just exactly what "safely be disregarded" means in this situation. 'Safety' would seem to be a non sequitur.

Regardless, if an accout does, indeed, mention "sedition", well, that is fitting and proper. After all, just last week 11 members, including the leader, of the Oathkeeper anti-government militia were arrested for "seditious conspiracy". So sedition is a thing.

Now, has anyone been arrested to date on the seperate crime of "insurrection"?
Seemingly, not yet.
But the cake bakes.

And, not unimportantly, 'sedition' itself carries a maximum penalty of 20years in prison; whereas 'insurrection' carries a 10yr max; whereas impeding an official proceeding carries 5yrs or 8yrs. Eight years if the attack, or the attacker, is identified as a 'domestic terrorist'.

And then, as so many of us witnessed with our own eyes, a whole bunch of perps actually physically assaulted uniformed federal officers.....on video! Which can get you a Class D felony, and 5years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

So clearly, we all witnessed enough illegality to warrant a heavy duty spanking. Which, a we all know, and desire ...... helps America project it's manifest 'rule-of-law' identity and ethic.

I doubt that they've been told about that in their world.
Actually, in my world, no one has ever been arrested for those explosives. Can you link to the arrest? I've also heard nothing about "caches of arms". Link? Meanwhile... I hope we have a similar protest in DC that we're currently seeing in Canada. I LOVE the look of freedom in action.

Well all of those people who feel that way, like you, supported the insurrection. So we don't expect much of you turds.

And, not unimportantly, 'sedition' itself carries a maximum penalty of 20years in prison; whereas 'insurrection' carries a 10yr max; whereas impeding an official proceeding carries 5yrs or 8yrs. Eight years if the attack, or the attacker, is identified as a 'domestic terrorist'.
I think you leave out that minor detail about "conviction". I realize that in the world of the self-righteous Marxist wannabes, little things like trials are a nuisance but, there we are. Those trials need to get underway quickly too. There will be a changing of the guard in just under one year and an awful lot of evidence that is unavailable today will be out there for their defense at that time.

In fact, when this investigation gets shut down by the Nancy and Friends star chamber, they're going to find that the incoming leaders are quite capable of running one of their own. Subpoena-power makes them giddy, dontchaknow?

They've arrested and tried over 750.

Most got probation, community service and a fine.

Each paid $500 to help repair the $1.5 million dollars of damage to the Capitol building.
I know these people have to be held accountable for their actions, and I'm glad they were.

But I swear, I almost think of them as victims, in a way.

I've also heard nothing about "caches of arms". Link?
Well, that 'cache' business was pretty extensively covered in many outlets last week.....New York Times, Washington Post, and many others, including Rupert Murdoch's Wall Street Journal.

"Oath Keepers Cached Weapons for Jan. 6 Capitol Attack, Prosecutors Say​

Cartloads of arms and ammunition were at the ready at a Virginia hotel, according to an indictment against members of the far-right militia group"​

Forum List

Back