.....how many are subject to arrest for the attack?....

Actually, in my world, no one has ever been arrested for those explosives. Can you link to the arrest? I've also heard nothing about "caches of arms". Link? Meanwhile... I hope we have a similar protest in DC that we're currently seeing in Canada. I LOVE the look of freedom in action.
Caches of arms

Now you're not so ignorant.

Bombs?

Well one guy WAS arrested with molotov cocktails

But the person who planted the two pipe bombs that day has not been caught....yet

helps America project it's manifest 'rule-of-law' identity and ethic.
Like all those arrests, trials, and convictions for the killings, looting, arson, and general mayhem we saw in cities for 9+ months in 2020? Like THAT? HYPOCRITES, the lot of you.

Like all those arrests, trials, and convictions for the killings, looting, arson, and general mayhem we saw in cities for 9+ months in 2020? Like THAT? HYPOCRITES, the lot of you.
None of which has anything to do with the subject of THIS thread

Yes, like that, but much fewer. Which makes your point look very stupid.

Well, I have little idea just exactly what "safely be disregarded" means in this situation. 'Safety' would seem to be a non sequitur.

Regardless, if an accout does, indeed, mention "sedition", well, that is fitting and proper. After all, just last week 11 members, including the leader, of the Oathkeeper anti-government militia were arrested for "seditious conspiracy". So sedition is a thing.

Now, has anyone been arrested to date on the seperate crime of "insurrection"?
Seemingly, not yet.
But the cake bakes.

And, not unimportantly, 'sedition' itself carries a maximum penalty of 20years in prison; whereas 'insurrection' carries a 10yr max; whereas impeding an official proceeding carries 5yrs or 8yrs. Eight years if the attack, or the attacker, is identified as a 'domestic terrorist'.

And then, as so many of us witnessed with our own eyes, a whole bunch of perps actually physically assaulted uniformed federal officers.....on video! Which can get you a Class D felony, and 5years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

So clearly, we all witnessed enough illegality to warrant a heavy duty spanking. Which, a we all know, and desire ...... helps America project it's manifest 'rule-of-law' identity and ethic.
I stand by my statement, propagandist turd.

I think you leave out that minor detail about "conviction".
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh no, no intention to leave "conviction" out of the narrative. When the statutes state "20 year penalty", or "$250,00" fine......it is sorta kinda presumed that all would know that those penalties are only activated upon conviction. Here in America.

If you did not know that convictions are required to activate a prison sentence, or a huge fine, and my post wasn't clear in informing you of such....well, that is regrettable.

Over in that nearby 'Capitol Insurrection Hearings' thread....an old thread re-freshed just today, I noted some metrics that I had been hunting for.
So, I'd like to make this thread just about the numbers.
How many were there?
How many entered the building?
How many were content to stay outside and break the laws?

In short, what was the count on the folks who illegally entered the Capitol building on January 6th? And, in posts #1313 and 1315 of that thread we see the Sedition Hunters webpage offers one metric: 1,569 illegally entered.

I am pretty sure I have seen another number, but cannot recall where, that number was something like 2,100. Note: these are folks who entered the Capitol itself, not necessarily all who broke laws. Some of the Dicks&Karens who may have beating the crap outta the police outside the building may not have actually entered it. So the number of perps may be higer. And that may be where my elusive "2,100" arises?

And from other sources (Business Insider, for one) we note that about 768 of those lawbreakers have been arrested. So, depending on the base number...1,569 or 2,100.....America has arrested anywhere from 37% of the suspects to 49%.
Regardless, which metrics we use there is clearly more work to be done.

It goes without saying that despite the thousands and thousands of hours of video images too few have been arrested. The police say that is because there were very very few actually arrested on the grounds that day. The police were simply too overwhelmed battling violent mobs to make arrests on the spot. Hence, a lot of perps simply walked away.

But not all is lost, because of those thousands of hours of images, the government...ala' FBI/DOJ have much to comb through. And, of course, the good patriotic work of online sleuths, like Sedition Hunters, allows identification, and arrests of those in the backlog.

So, as has been suggested before---if you recognize anyone on the Sedition Hunters site, well, be a loyal patriotic American citizen and do your duty. Help the authorities identify those people whe assaulted the Capitol and attacked our democracy with their violent attempt to stop the Constituitionally mandated accounting of each state's duly authorized Electoral Votes.

I'll do this as diligently as I report speeders, jaywalkers, unmasked, unvaccinated, or those that can't color coordinate.

Well, that 'cache' business was pretty extensively covered in many outlets last week.....New York Times, Washington Post, and many others, including Rupert Murdoch's Wall Street Journal.

"Oath Keepers Cached Weapons for Jan. 6 Capitol Attack, Prosecutors Say​

Cartloads of arms and ammunition were at the ready at a Virginia hotel, according to an indictment against members of the far-right militia group"​

"Prosecutors say"....Well, lots of prosecutors have said a lot of things that turned out to be bullshit.

Exception being that actual bullshit would functiuon as a decent fertilizer to grow beans.

Now you're not so ignorant.
IF these charges are proven in court then they need to go to prison. I saw nothing in this article about "CACHES" of weapons. I saw accusations about planning. That is just a technical observation. IF they were planning and it CAN BE PROVEN IN COURT, then yeah, that's conspiracy and they'll do serious time behind that.

The thing you folks are so damned smug about is due to a blind spot you have. You assume that these people were just criminals trying some kind of coup. Does it ever occur to you that they had every right to be angry about the events that led to that protest? Of course, it doesn't.
I mean, your media told you nothing was wrong with that election but I happen to know that most of the Left are so damned hypocritical that they'd have been in the streets burning and looting had Trump been declared the winner. Hell, they spent 4 years doing everything, legal and illegal to get rid of him.

There's a VERY good chance that your vegetable-in-chief is going to so thoroughly cock-up the nation, that Trump WILL WIN in '24. Your party bosses in DC are already saying that unless they get their "election reform" passed, the coming elections won't be legitimate. How do you feel about that statement? If you agree with it, what do you think should be done to protect "democracy"?

Actually, in my world, no one has ever been arrested for those explosives. Can you link to the arrest? I've also heard nothing about "caches of arms". Link? Meanwhile... I hope we have a similar protest in DC that we're currently seeing in Canada. I LOVE the look of freedom in action.
It is in the indictment of the seditionists. I posted the link to the indictment in a topic a week or so ago because I knew your propagandists would not tell you about it.

Around 17,000 of those rioters have been arrested, and many have been convicted to long sentences.

Care to make up more bullshit?

In the first two weeks, police arrested more than 17,000 people in the 50 largest cities that had organized protests, according to a Post survey of news releases, arrest reports and aggregate data provided by police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/investigations/george-floyd-protesters-arrests/

2020 Rioter Sentenced to Federal Prison on Charges of Destruction of Government Property and Illegal Firearm Possession

www.justice.gov

www.justice.gov

Man sentenced to 4 years in prison for role in 2020 Portland riot

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) – Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt said a man who had been convicted for his role in a Portland riot has been sentenced to four years
www.kptv.com

www.kptv.com

Illinois man sentenced to nearly nine years for arson during Minneapolis riots

He drove over 400 miles to Minnesota from his home in Illinois.
www.startribune.com

www.startribune.com

Man who live streamed Charleston riot, subsequent arrest sentenced

A Lowcountry man who streamed a riot in Charleston and captured video of his arrest has been sentenced to two years in federal prison.
www.live5news.com

www.live5news.com

Utah man sentenced to prison for his role in 2020 downtown Salt Lake City riot

(KUTV) – A judge has ordered that a Utah man will serve time in federal prison for his role in a protest turned riot in downtown Salt Lake City in May 2020. Jackson Patton, 28, was sentenced to 24 months in prison and 36 months of supervised release for a charge of civil disorder, according to...
kutv.com

kutv.com

All caught up now, dipshit?

I'll do this as diligently as I report speeders, jaywalkers, unmasked, unvaccinated, or those that can't color coordinate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, you be you poster Georg.

But, hopefully, loyal patriotic citizens who want America to thrive under the rule-of-law will perform a civic duty and try to assist our law enforcement agencies identify, apprehend, and charge according to our laws.

Exception being that actual bullshit would functiuon as a decent fertilizer to grow beans.
I mean no disrespect towards the good poster Odball, but that too seems to be a non sequitur to the topic and intent of the opening post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, you be you poster Georg.

But, hopefully, loyal patriotic citizens who want America to thrive under the rule-of-law will perform a civic duty and try to assist our law enforcement agencies identify, apprehend, and charge according to our laws.

I mean no disrespect towards the good poster Odball, but that too seems to be a non sequitur to the topic and intent of the opening post.

I am patriotic, however many Americans have differing views and all can be patriots. Now, there are some so narrow minded, so self absorbed, so holier than thou, those nuts that want to box in what being a patriot is, and yes we will survive, in spite of you and your bigotry.

I am patriotic, however many Americans have differing views and all can be patriots. Now, there are some so narrow minded, so self absorbed, so holier than thou, those nuts that want to box in what being a patriot is, and yes we will survive, in spite of you and your bigotry.
Typically, being a patriot means not trying to overturn a free and fair election and not trying go stop our peaceful transition of power.
But some people are not normal, I guess.

Forum List

Back