How Long Will the AntiChrist Be Sitting in Your Temple?

I am FASCINATED. What does ANTI-CHRIST SITTING
IN THE TEMPLE mean. I am also curious as to how this "interesting" idea is expressed in its original language
which I assume is GREEK (???)

I'm not going to make it too simple, so I'll be more esoteric -
Ask yourself this -
If Christ was ruling in the temple of christian's, would they die?

what is "the temple of the christians"?

IN THE TEMPLE mean. I am also curious as to how this "interesting" idea is expressed in its original language

Ask yourself this -

what does the NT say is the temple of God?

Ask yourself this -

I don't know----I must have MISSED the reference

Ask yourself this -

I don't know----I must have MISSED the reference

You can keep missing it too if you'd like, just don't Google it.
The Antichrist would prefer not to be revealed -
The Antichrist needs to live in denial.

Most of Scofield's theology came from a teen-ager name Margaret Macdonald and a rogue preacher named Darby.

"AND NOW there are MANY ANtichrists" - I John 2:18

Stay on this forum for more than one minute, and you'll see it for yourself - Maybe you're an antichrist too!

John was talking about the first century not 2021.

WRONG.

Classic Antichrist Response -
One cannot articulate what an idiotic response that is -
You can dismiss the entire Bible with that demonic retort.

You could dismiss II Cor 6:2 "And NOW is the day of salvation" by saying that was written by Paul for the Church at Corinth only, not 2021.
WRONG.
This is why you don't understand the Bible, like so many others. You read it wrong.

You're not the audience in the epistles. Neither am I.

And this failure to grasp audience relevance is only the beginning of the confusion.

Stay on this forum for more than one minute, and you'll see it for yourself - Maybe you're an antichrist too!

Thank you @norwegan

You're smart and well educated .. I appreciate your comments and frequently I learn something.

Amazing how people get this wrong.

II Thessalonians 2:

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth (present tense) himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God (present tense), shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth (present tense) that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth (present tense) will let, until he be taken out of the way.

"AND NOW there are MANY ANTICHRISTS" - I John 2:18
Over 7 billion of them.
Why is the bible so negative? Is god's message supposed to be so negative?
Because you see it as negative -
To the pure all things are pure, to those corrupt, all things are corrupt.
God drowning the world because he couldn’t make it right the first time isn’t negative?

Never happened.. Its a morality tale about redemption... borrowed from Sumer.
Ya, but I’m asking why the bible is so negative.

I think to instill fear and for the sake of drama..
The Jews certainly didn't see it that way.

Good website, but the Jews were not monotheistic from the beginning.. 4,000 clay icons of Asherah have been found in Jerusalem.
You are a hammer looking for a nail.

Throughout the history of Israel they are scolded for following false gods.
Their history is the account of a people who cycled between remembering and forgetting God and what happened to them when they did.

II Thessalonians 2:

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth (present tense) himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God (present tense), shewing himself that he is God.

6 And now ye know what withholdeth (present tense) that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth (present tense) will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Over 7 billion of them.
God drowning the world because he couldn’t make it right the first time isn’t negative?

Good website, but the Jews were not monotheistic from the beginning.. 4,000 clay icons of Asherah have been found in Jerusalem.
You're avoiding how long the Antichrist will be sitting in your temple
I thought I was avoiding religious nut jobs like yourself. :rolleyes:

II Thessalonians 2:

Over 7 billion of them.

Their history is the account of a people who cycled between remembering and forgetting God and what happened to them when they did.

Yep..

II Thessalonians 2:

Over 7 billion of them.
Lots of people have a hard time reconciling the OT with the NT.
"They struggle with the scriptures unto their own destruction" -
II Peter 3:16

Because they have no spiritual understanding from the Holy Spirit -
They operate from the Unholy Spirit.
So why doesn’t god enlighten me and everyone else?
How do you know He hasn't?
Because I still see no proof of god.
Because you have no perception of God.

II Thessalonians 2:

Over 7 billion of them.

Yep..
There's a message there for everyone.

Titus Flavius Vespasianus is called the man of lawlessness because he permanently put an end to the practice of the Law by destroying the Jewish Temple in A.D. 70 thereby making it impossible to fully follow the customs of the Law of Moses.
With cubic measurements.

WRONG.

Classic Antichrist Response -
One cannot articulate what an idiotic response that is -
You can dismiss the entire Bible with that demonic retort.

You could dismiss II Cor 6:2 "And NOW is the day of salvation" by saying that was written by Paul for the Church at Corinth only, not 2021.
WRONG.
This is why you don't understand the Bible, like so many others. You read it wrong.

You're not the audience in the epistles. Neither am I.

And this failure to grasp audience relevance is only the beginning of the confusion.

The futurists do ignore the audience.. and what scripture says.

Most of Scofield's theology came from a teen-ager name Margaret Macdonald and a rogue preacher named Darby.
Your straw man is on fire -
In the Lake of Fire.

FUTURISM AND DISPENSATIONALISM

The eschatology of Futurism is largely credited to the early-mid 19th century interpretation of John Nelson Darby, widely recognized as "the father of modern Dispensationalism and Futurism", whose eschatological scheme was popularized in the 20th century church through the annotated Scofield Reference Bible.Unique to this eschatology is a "pre-tribulation" "rapture", in which born again ..

Forum List

Back