How long should the so-called oath keepers have to go to jail for? what about the BLM rioters?

Garbage ignore. I quit reading after the first sentence when nutso proclaimed that it will be the left killing patriots. First, there are no patriots left that are right wing , They at this point are best described as traitors to this country.. Second, who are all the gun Bubba saying they will kill with 90% of gun bubbas being hate party supporters. Comical. The people that will kill are the ones that trump or other trumpy's will ask to kill for them .
You're the fucking traitor. The left riots for 6 months, kills dozens of people, throws Molotov cocktails at government buildings, and they are the patriots. Right wingers go out of control during one protest when dozens of government instigators seduced them into it, and they are branded traitors forever. I can't imagine anything more fascist than that,

There are NO good players in the entire sad episode of mid 20th Century Communism mess. I am no expert on the subject of the Rosenberg's but what I know it would seem they did do what they were accused of doing.

My position is that people like McCarthy and a long list of others did as much damage to the country but never faced the death penalty.
What damage did McCarthy do to the country, expose a bunch of commie traitors?

There are NO good players in the entire sad episode of mid 20th Century Communism mess. I am no expert on the subject of the Rosenberg's but what I know it would seem they did do what they were accused of doing.

My position is that people like McCarthy and a long list of others did as much damage to the country but never faced the death penalty.
Okay, at least one reply -- from someone on the Left? Good, if so. But the others are afraid to answer.

Yes, the Rosenbergs were certainly guilty. However, the government should not, in my opinion, have executed them. Note that today, we don't execute Soviet/Russian agents, even those caught infiltrating the CIA and FBI. [ Robert Hanssen | Federal Bureau of Investigation ] [Aldrich Ames - Wikipedia ]

The above two men did what they did for personal reasons -- for money, for the feeling of self-importance. They were not idealists. But the Rosenbergs, like the great majority of Communists, were idealists. They thought they were helping in the struggle for a better world. It's the great tragedy of Communism, that it pulled in three generations of people who wanted to fight for a better world, and enlisted them in the service of a murderous totalitarianism. And among them were some of the best and the brightest, including Nobel Laureates.

Conservatives who think that anyone who became a Red in those days must be inherently evil and/or stupid, should be aware that about half the founding editorial board of William Buckley's National Review in the mid-1950s, were ex-Marxists.

Things have changed, and we're not likely to see a repeat of Communism on a world scale. But there is a lesson to be learned for anyone who is a political activist: be very very careful about committing yourself to some organized cause. Read, read its critics, take your time, think. This goes for both Left and Right.

And it's really poor judgement to equate working to help Stalin conquer the USA, with McCarthy's demagogy. We self-corrected from the latter pretty quickly. AND .... my goodness, if you don't like McCarthyism, then surely you must reject the insane 'woke' craze sweeping the US, forcing people to affirm things that they don't believe. Not to mention that the latter is going to destroy the US, which McCarthyism did not.

Last edited:
Okay, at least one reply -- from someone on the Left?

What makes me left?

Is it being pro-life?

Is it my support of the 2nd?

It it my belief in a balanced budget?

Maybe my support of the electoral college?

My support of leaving the Supreme Court at 9?

The fact I have never once voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election?

Maybe it's because I thought McCarthy scummy for what he did?

Good, if so. But the others are afraid to answer.

Yes, the Rosenbergs were certainly guilty. However, the government should not, in my opinion, have executed them. Note that today, we don't execute Soviet/Russian agents, even those caught infiltrating the CIA and FBI. [ Robert Hanssen | Federal Bureau of Investigation ] [Aldrich Ames - Wikipedia ]

The above two men did what they did for personal reasons -- for money, for the feeling of self-importance. They were not idealists. But the Rosenbergs, like the great majority of Communists, were idealists. They thought they were helping in the struggle for a better world. It's the great tragedy of Communism, that it pulled in three generations of people who wanted to fight for a better world, and enlisted them in the service of a murderous totalitarianism. And among them were some of the best and the brightest, including Nobel Laureates.

Conservatives who think that anyone who became a Red in those days must be inherently evil and/or stupid, should be aware that about half the founding editorial board of William Buckley's National Review in the mid-1950s, were ex-Marxists.

Things have changed, and we're not likely to see a repeat of Communism on a world scale. But there is a lesson to be learned for anyone who is a political activist: be very very careful about committing yourself to some organized cause. Read, read its critics, take your time, think. This goes for both Left and Right.

And it's really poor judgement to equate working to help Stalin conquer the USA, with McCarthy's demagogy. We self-corrected from the latter pretty quickly. AND .... my goodness, if you don't like McCarthyism, then surely you must reject the insane 'woke' craze sweeping the US, forcing people to affirm things that they don't believe.

I can't think of anything I expect others to accept.

Not to mention that the latter is going to destroy the US, which McCarthyism did not.

I think you are just rambling now.

What makes me left?

Is it being pro-life?

Is it my support of the 2nd?

It it my belief in a balanced budget?

Maybe my support of the electoral college?

My support of leaving the Supreme Court at 9?

The fact I have never once voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election?

Maybe it's because I thought McCarthy scummy for what he did?

I can't think of anything I expect others to accept.

I think you are just rambling now.
I'm not very familiar with the personalities here. If those are your positions, you're clearly not on the Left. That's why I put a question mark! I happen to agree with you about McCarthy.

As for 'rambling' ... yes, it's a complex topic, trying to see where the US may be heading, given the internal decay, and given the many negative developments going on in the world. I just gave you my general prognosis, without supporting evidence.

Anyway, I see that all the genuine Leftists are afraid to say anything about the liberals on the New York City Council honoring a Soviet Spy. People on the Right here should take heart from that: these people are just herd animals, with no real inner beliefs, certainly not the courage of their convictions, since they have none. Good for gathering in a mob but unable to defend their 'beliefs', which are just Politically Correct attitudes.

Ethel Rosenberg was a moral giant compared to today's woke 'Left'.

I'm not very familiar with the personalities here. If those are your positions, you're clearly not on the Left. That's why I put a question mark! I happen to agree with you about McCarthy.

As for 'rambling' ... yes, it's a complex topic, trying to see where the US may be heading, given the internal decay, and given the many negative developments going on in the world. I just gave you my general prognosis, without supporting evidence.

Anyway, I see that all the genuine Leftists are afraid to say anything about the liberals on the New York City Council honoring a Soviet Spy. People on the Right here should take heart from that: these people are just herd animals, with no real inner beliefs, certainly not the courage of their convictions, since they have none. Good for gathering in a mob but unable to defend their 'beliefs', which are just Politically Correct attitudes.

Ethel Rosenberg was a moral giant compared to today's woke 'Left'.

And a snake is a snake. Watch out when that one starts hissing.

And a snake is a snake. Watch out when that one starts hissing.

This is above my head. Who is a 'snake'? What does that mean?
AND ... it's a few years down the line, but ... the time is coming when derogatory references to animal species will get you into trouble just as derogatory references to ethnic groups does today. So beware!

AND ... it's a few years down the line, but ... the time is coming when derogatory references to animal species will get you into trouble just as derogatory references to ethnic groups does today. So beware!

Why do you wish to be derogatory towards others?

The person to whom you were speaking.

Trust them as much as you trust a venomous snake.

I probably won't live long enough to get dinged for calling that snake a snake.

Okay, at least one reply -- from someone on the Left? Good, if so. But the others are afraid to answer.

And it's really poor judgement to equate working to help Stalin conquer the USA, with McCarthy's demagogy. We self-corrected from the latter pretty quickly. AND .... my goodness, if you don't like McCarthyism, then surely you must reject the insane 'woke' craze sweeping the US, forcing people to affirm things that they don't believe. Not to mention that the latter is going to destroy the US, which McCarthyism did not.
the Constitution specifies the penalty for treason. It's execution. That's what they were convicted of. Bendict Arnold suffered the same penalty.

The person to whom you were speaking.

Trust them as much as you trust a venomous snake.

I probably won't live long enough to get dinged for calling that snake a snake.

Things are moving fast. The rate of change itself is changing.
As for the person you call a 'snake', well, perhaps. I have no negative experience of him, so I will withhold judgement, and give him the benefit of the doubt.

BUT ... I hope we're not seeing here something I've witnessed many times in other places: patriots attacking each other over trivialities. We've got to all hang together, or ...etc.

As for the person you call a 'snake', well, perhaps. I have no negative experience of him, so I will withhold judgement, and give him the benefit of the doubt.

BUT ... I hope we're not seeing here something I've witnessed many times in other places: patriots attacking each other over trivialities. We've got to all hang together, or ...etc.

I do not align myself with those who use "Patriot" as it is used today.

I still want to know who is trying to kill you.

Have you never heard a leftist call itself a patriot?

Listen to what they say about J6. They're the biggest patriots in the country when it comes to J6 and they start wailing about us destroying democracy!

Have you never heard a leftist call itself a patriot?

Listen to what they say about J6. They're the biggest patriots in the country when it comes to J6 and they start wailing about us destroying democracy!

You can go back to the thread during Jan 6. I said I fully supported the people's right to protest, I just didn't support what they were protesting over.

the Constitution specifies the penalty for treason. It's execution. That's what they were convicted of. Bendict Arnold suffered the same penalty.
Actually, that's not accurate. By custom, the penalty for treason in the 18th Century was death. But the Constitution does not specify a penalty. And the actual penalties for treason in the US have been remarkably light. That's because 'treason' is a tricky term, and can be technically applied to actions that we sometimes want to encourage. Were the Founding Fathers guilty of 'Treason', for example?

And anyway, the Rosenbergs were convicted of espionage, not treason.

More on this important subject here: The Heritage Guide to the Constitution

Forum List

Back