How is it we lack protective gear for health care workers?

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here. After the H1N1 virus outbreak during the Obama administration, supplies were not restocked. But last I looked, Donald Trump has been President since January, 2017. What stopped him from authorizing it?
Was Obama Responsible for N95 Masks Shortage?
You idiots that think the president is responsible for everything in the country are the biggest retards of all time. You see that individual states are supposed to take care of themselves, idiot.
If we extend Trump's philosophy that he is an absolute ruler within the executive branch then it follows that he is ultimately responsible for the mistakes of any executive branch agency. He's a pretty handy scapegoat too since he continues to mishandle this crisis. This was his time to shine and finally become The President but unfortunately for us he is incapable of thinking of himself as a public servant.
60% of Americans approve of the way he's handling the epidemic.

today polls are real?

what will they be tomorrow?

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here. After the H1N1 virus outbreak during the Obama administration, supplies were not restocked. But last I looked, Donald Trump has been President since January, 2017. What stopped him from authorizing it?
You idiots that think the president is responsible for everything in the country are the biggest retards of all time. You see that individual states are supposed to take care of themselves, idiot.
If we extend Trump's philosophy that he is an absolute ruler within the executive branch then it follows that he is ultimately responsible for the mistakes of any executive branch agency. He's a pretty handy scapegoat too since he continues to mishandle this crisis. This was his time to shine and finally become The President but unfortunately for us he is incapable of thinking of himself as a public servant.
The greatest failing of the feds was the failure of medical professionals at CDC/NIH to pursue research into corona viruses and instead wasted their time and money on bullshit having nothing to do with epidemics

the state and local authorities failed to maintain adequate supplies on hand

there is also the problem of globalization and the offshoring of vital production that should be here

Having a for-profit system our institutions only have enough stuff on hand for normal everyday operations. There is no incentive to stockpile anything that might not be needed this quarter. Now that the shit has hit the fan guess who these capitalists are looking to for assistance? That's right, the government. To get through this we will have to put corporate profits on the back burner and turn to socialized medicine.
You mean like Italy's "Socialized Medicine"?
BONOBO came as close to shoving his "Socialized Medicine" wet dream down Americans throats and the fucking 'tree dweller' decimated the stocks of PPDs.

Having a for-profit system our institutions only have enough stuff on hand for normal everyday operations. There is no incentive to stockpile anything that might not be needed this quarter. Now that the shit has hit the fan guess who these capitalists are looking to for assistance? That's right, the government. To get through this we will have to put corporate profits on the back burner and turn to socialized medicine.
So the UK and Italy had sufficient amounts of these supplies on hand? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . er, no.

It might have to do with the fact they need to dispose of all of it after seeing one patient.

IF you do that then you are a liar. No president is an absolute ruler.
Look at all those unconfirmed acting secretaries who are little more than toadies and yes-men meant to politicize agencies and tell me that Trump has not taken vast powers unto himself. We have already seen what happens if anyone contradicts the president or resists his edicts. Within the cabinet departments Trump has almost total power. He wanted to be the mafia style president so this is what he gets, no one else to blame things on.

we knew this was coming back in january - plenty of time to prep... but donny ignored it, instead having secret SCIF room meetings at HHS, where the actual experts were kept out but the insider traders were attending.

the virus itself isn't donny's fault - but everything else that has to do with it is all on him.
If you knew it, then why didn't you post anything about it? Oh yeah, you were busy impeaching Trump.

It might have to do with the fact they need to dispose of all of it after seeing one patient.

if you wear it from patient to patient then you transfer all germs from one patient to the next

The greatest failing of the feds was the failure of medical professionals at CDC/NIH to pursue research into corona viruses and instead wasted their time and money on bullshit having nothing to do with epidemics

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

Leave it to Democrats to waste their time and money on non-pragmatic stuff. Even this stimulus bill has some Democratic pork which has absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic, but rather completely impractical expenditures and laws for this particular time.

we knew this was coming back in january - plenty of time to prep... but donny ignored it, instead having secret SCIF room meetings at HHS, where the actual experts were kept out but the insider traders were attending.

the virus itself isn't donny's fault - but everything else that has to do with it is all on him.
If you knew it, then why didn't you post anything about it? Oh yeah, you were busy impeaching Trump.

The only people that knew were the government. That is why we had a Senator telling his donors to expect school closing and not to travel and why we had multiple Senators selling off stock and one even buying stock in a company that makes work from home software.

The blob sent a shitload of it overseas. Where to you ask? China of course.

6DCCAA81-2409-4788-AB9F-5D42C638595E.png

if you wear it from patient to patient then you transfer all germs from one patient to the next
That's not what he meant. If they stockpile 100,000 masks, and then they only teat one patient for the Wuhan flu, then the rest of the masks are superfluous.

The only people that knew were the government. That is why we had a Senator telling his donors to expect school closing and not to travel and why we had multiple Senators selling off stock and one even buying stock in a company that makes work from home software.
We had that in January?

That's not what he meant. If they stockpile 100,000 masks, and then they only teat one patient for the Wuhan flu, then the rest of the masks are superfluous.

Except they use them for other patients as well. And if you treat one for COVID-19 and have 10 others that had to be ruled out, they all use up PPE gear.

You people are still clueless to how a hospital operates.

Except they use them for other patients as well. And if you treat one for COVID-19 and have 10 others that had to be ruled out, they all use up PPE gear.

You people are still clueless to how a hospital operates.
I'm saying there are no other patients. What do they do with the stockpile of we way over estimated the number or potential cases? Answer: it goes into the trash.

You mean everyone yelling about the deficit might not have had anything to do with it? You mean having Mueller trying to give him a colonoscopy wasn't a concern? You mean the democrats in the house and senate grabbing the mic and condemning him for even daring to look cross eyed gave him nothing else to think about? You think CNN with its 24/7 hate was not a concern? You think that 44 should not have bothered because he wasn't elected to a third term?
I could go on but no matter what you will still blame Trump rather then 44.

We were short of ventilators for the same reason we would be short of protective gear for nuclear fallout. You can never be completely prepared for everything. You have to play the odds

You mean everyone yelling about the deficit might not have had anything to do with it? You mean having Mueller trying to give him a colonoscopy wasn't a concern? You mean the democrats in the house and senate grabbing the mic and condemning him for even daring to look cross eyed gave him nothing else to think about? You think CNN with its 24/7 hate was not a concern? You think that 44 should not have bothered because he wasn't elected to a third term?
I could go on but no matter what you will still blame Trump rather then 44.

Damn. That's the best deflection I've seen on the board today. And I gave you that Obama shares some blame. Look, Trump has no interest in being President. It's just a popularity contest for him. So even if he didn't make all of his own problems with Russia and Ukraine (because he's a fundamentally corrupt liar), he still wouldn't have had any interest in actually doing the job he was elected for. He did what he's capable of. Campaigning, tweeting, bullying.

Forum List

Back