How is Christ the 2nd Adam

"Man" doesn't just refer to a biological organism. It is also a covenant term. "Man" describes the covenant line of Adam, which flows through Seth. Cain, on the other hand, is sent away from man; the Hebrew text relates that he is excluded from adam. As one who murders, he is not a covenant nation.

Adam (man) is made from adamah (ground) and placed in the Garden of Eden. When he forsakes God for another, he is sent back to the ground from whence he came, and there he multiplies. But though he is a covenant nation, he is dead, for life is with God.

Christ is the resurrection of adam, or God's covenant people. He is the veil (Heb. 10:20) that was ripped apart so that a new Covenant people - the Christians - can enter the Most Holy Place, where no one had ever been before, and behold the glory of God (Heb. 9:1-3).

Adam, the first man, lived under the law, that is, under sin and death (separation from God). Jesus, the second man, the first born, resurrected God's people to new life.

Last edited:
I would llike your answers directly
Not thru linkage.
Something that fits in the margins of your Bible.

Mankind has two choices: Obedience to God or disobedience. Adam, the first man chose disobedience, while Christ chose obedience.

the bible was written by humans who are imperfect
it is not a reliable source

the bible was written by humans who are imperfect
it is not a reliable source
That means nothing you write is reliable.
it was written too long ago to authenticate --no cross checks available
now something like WW2 we have many records from many people from many countries to cross check facts
---we still have confusion/controversy/ etc on the 1963 JFK shooting--with film!!!!
and we are supposed to believe something written how long ago?? --by humans that believed comets were ''sign from gods/god''/believed the earth was flat/the earth was the center of the universe/etc?

Not thru linkage.

Adam was formed into a living being by God who breathed the breath of life into his nostrils. He failed to follow the instructions given to him by God in order to have a fruitful life, the consequence was death. As the story goes, Jesus was the first-fruits of the dead and like Adam was taught by God the right way to follow his instructions that fulfills the promise of life.

Unlike Adam, Jesus remained faithful to what he learned from God till his death securing the reward of the righteous for himself and preparing for all those who put their faith in him, a place in the world to come .

As an aside (sort of), isn't it peculiar how Mary Magdalene assumed the resurrected Jesus was a gardener (John 20:15)?

Adam was a gardener. As the first born there, he would lead his bride, Eve. He failed.

Christ tends the Garden now (or Paradise, he calls it when assuring the thief on the cross near him). He leads his bride, the church, in it, and for two thousand years so far, very successfully.

Not thru linkage.

¿2nd Adam? ... strange ... never heard this ... Jesus had no children ... But he made everyone to a child of god. ...

I consider the premise to be an allegorical one; Jesus represented a reformed Judaism, that moved it along from an ethnic cult to a universal one, a 'reborn' theology that embraced all peoples, hence a 'new Adam'. This premise was, and still is, naturally hated by the racially and genealogically focused Orthodox Jews.

Jesus was merely going back to Moses and 'original intent', and a conservative 'radical', actually. Maybe a closer reading of Moses and a study of the chiastic structures of his books would be in order; The timeline of Jesus' ministry follows the Torah's main order pretty closely, in fact. I personally don't consider it to be about a 'new Adam', but a new Moses thing, based on the above evidence. The legal cultural reforms are the main thrust, though the death and resurrection make the comparisons with Adam look good to some, no doubt.

Last edited:
I consider the premise to be an allegorical one; Jesus represented a reformed Judaism, that moved it along from an ethnic cult to a universal one, a 'reborn' theology that embraced all peoples, hence a 'new Adam'. This premise was, and still is, naturally hated by the racially and genealogically focused Orthodox Jews.

Jesus was merely going back to Moses and 'original intent', and a conservative 'radical', actually. Maybe a closer reading of Moses and a study of the chiastic structures of his books would be in order; The timeline of Jesus' ministry follows the Torah's main order pretty closely, in fact. I personally don't consider it to be about a 'new Adam', but a new Moses thing, based on the above evidence. The legal cultural reforms are the main thrust, though the death and resurrection make the comparisons with Adam look good to some, no doubt.

The story of Adam and Eve is a Mosaic autobiography of sorts in fairy tale form. The talking serpent disputing with Adam about the intent of God represents Pharaoh, who wore a serpent on his headdress, disputing with Moses. Adam was banished from Eden, Moses was banned from entering the promised land.

Jesus, whether the second Adam or the second person like Moses to be taught by God, face to face, was the first fruit of the dead from among the descendants of those who turned aside from the way that Moses originally taught to follow the law.

Jesus was the first to be raised from the dead and will be the last to be raised from the dead because after Christ appears a second time and again openly teaches the only right way to comply with the law that fulfills the promise of life, the death associated with lawlessness will cease to exist, worldwide, and there will no longer be any curse.

Last edited:
Jesus restored what Adam lost. Jesus overcame temptation that Adam failed. Jesus conquered the death that Adam allowed. One man's sin, all became sinners. One man's righteousness, all can now be righteous before God.

Not thru linkage.

Few know the sequence of events in the ideology of Jesus being the second Adam. The church has supressed that teaching because they fear that the sheeple will follow that teaching and ignore the church and the funding they demand.

In brief. Adam sinned. the present church calls it Original Sin and preaches that it was negative to our spiritual growth, while they sing in their Exsultet hymn the Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan for man. Quite a contradiction. That aside, Adam became as God in the knowing of good and evil.

He did not set himself above God as he should have so the new covenant was dreamt up to show us again what we are to do which is follow the way Jesus taught, which is to have God serve us and not us serve God. This is done when Jesus takes the Judgement seat at God's right hand in heaven and thus gives man power over himself.

This is exemplified by the following that is well known to Gnostic Christians like me, but that the church never teaches.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

FMPOV, Jesus wanted to free man from the imaginary God created by literalists who believe in a supernatural God. Christianity wants to slave us to that imaginary God.

Regards
DL

Christ represented the democratic reform of the Hebrews...and Gentiles...But the Church of Rome Usurped that..only to have a rebirth with Luther..by mistake at that...

Christ represented the democratic reform of the Hebrews...and Gentiles...But the Church of Rome Usurped that..only to have a rebirth with Luther..by mistake at that...

U C 20/20.

Luther, instead of towing the party line, decided to become more of a Gnostic Christian. Unfortunately, the church he created reverted to being an idol worshiping creed and lost their ability to think thanks to their supernatural beliefs.

Christianity as a whole has corrupted Jesus' real thinking and has killed Christianity's former respect to where no one understands it or wants it anymore.

The churches greed has killed it and it is slowly dying.

Regards
DL

U C 20/20.

Luther, instead of towing the party line, decided to become more of a Gnostic Christian. Unfortunately, the church he created reverted to being an idol worshiping creed and lost their ability to think thanks to their supernatural beliefs.

Christianity as a whole has corrupted Jesus' real thinking and has killed Christianity's former respect to where no one understands it or wants it anymore.

The churches greed has killed it and it is slowly dying.

Regards
DL

Don't tell anyone but the Bible is full of shit....

Not thru linkage.

Few know the sequence of events in the ideology of Jesus being the second Adam. The church has supressed that teaching because they fear that the sheeple will follow that teaching and ignore the church and the funding they demand.

In brief. Adam sinned. the present church calls it Original Sin and preaches that it was negative to our spiritual growth, while they sing in their Exsultet hymn the Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan for man. Quite a contradiction. That aside, Adam became as God in the knowing of good and evil.

He did not set himself above God as he should have so the new covenant was dreamt up to show us again what we are to do which is follow the way Jesus taught, which is to have God serve us and not us serve God. This is done when Jesus takes the Judgement seat at God's right hand in heaven and thus gives man power over himself.

This is exemplified by the following that is well known to Gnostic Christians like me, but that the church never teaches.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

FMPOV, Jesus wanted to free man from the imaginary God created by literalists who believe in a supernatural God. Christianity wants to slave us to that imaginary God.

Regards
DL

Ok great. Now I have 2
1. They both begat life
2. They both knew good from evil

... Luther, instead of towing the party line, decided to become more of a Gnostic Christian. ...

Luther? One moment - Was this not the cat of our neighbor? And was she not the mother of flipper, the dolphin?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back