How has your marriage been hurt?

I spent 4.5 years of my youth growing up in Iran. Then I spent my high school years in Florida by the 80s there were plenty of gay people around.

You know nothing about me
Except that your a woman pretending to ba a man posting on a message board. Outside of that "yes". And how could anyone? Your entire Schick is fraudulent...

Last edited:
Except that your a woman pretending to ba a man posting on a message board. Outside of that "yes". And how could anyone. Your entire Schick is fraudulent...

I am?

Do tell, how did you come to that amazing conclusion?

Simple really. By the way you react to anti feminist posts with the funny button. Women get touchy when legitimately criticized...

Wow, that is some damn amazing logic you have there.

I guess it never occurred to you that maybe I am just not a misogynistic dick like you?

I suppose not.

Wow, that is some damn amazing logic you have there.

I guess it never occurred to you that maybe I am just not a misogynistic dick like you?

I suppose not.
It had. And was dismissed in light of your emotional knee jerk reactions. Those are the tell. But carry on good lady...

It had. And was dismissed in light of your emotional knee jerk reactions. Those are the tell. But carry on good lady...

This is so much fun. I have had people accuse of all sorts of things on here, but this is a first.

Thanks for the entertainment

I have a piece of worthless paper from them. The actual license is between me, my wife and God. If the government disappears tomorrow our marriage isn’t null.
At least you’re consistent at being ignorant and wrong.

Marriage is contract law as written and administered by the states, having nothing to do with ‘god.’

The right of same-sex couples to enter into marriage contracts administered by the states does not apply to religious institutions at liberty to exclude same-sex couples from marriage rituals.

At least you’re consistent at being ignorant and wrong.

Marriage is contract law as written and administered by the states, having nothing to do with ‘god.’

The right of same-sex couples to enter into marriage contracts administered by the states does not apply to religious institutions at liberty to exclude same-sex couples from marriage rituals.
Oh boy... You're in for a rude awakening when you kick your O2 addiction...

So every single Christian who adheres to marriage being between one man and one woman is a hateful bigot?
Clearly emboldened by the overturning of Roe, hateful right-wing bigots now seek to deny same-sex couples their 14th Amendment right to equal protection of the law.

Conservatism is a malignancy, the bane of citizens’ rights and protected liberties.

I used to believe the same thing. I even voted for the first "marriage defense act" in my state.

i regret that.

Years later, I took my kids to the first gay wedding here.

Obama's use of "evolved" was on target.

I am not a fan of homosexual activity myself, and I think that marriage between a man and a woman should be incentivized by the state (tax break for filing jointly), since it is good for society.

That said, I have come to accept that everyone is different, and I strive to respect their differing opinions.

More importantly, I have resolved for myself the internal conflict I had between my Conservative principles and the rights of homosexuals...

The Declaration of Independence says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution says, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. "

It is a Conservative position to support liberty for all, and as long as gay people are not hurting others, they should be able to pursue happiness just like me.

Regards,
Jim

How has your marriage been helped?
Red herring fallacy.

The topic is how has same-sex marriage ‘harmed’ opposite-sex marriage.

Again, it hasn’t.

Before and after Obergefell conservative demagogues advanced the lie that allowing same-sex couples to marry would adversely affect opposite-sex marriage; after nine years that’s proven to be a lie.

Apparently those marriages only count if government approved.

i didn't actually say that.

Isn’t that your point? You only think your marriage is solid if the government signed off on it.

i ACTUALLY think that a couple doesn't ACTUALLY hafta have their marriage officiated by anyone to be approved by anyone as long as they are of age. too bad less than 1/2 of these here US states recognize it.

Sorry. I see no reason why the marriage of people I don't even know should have any effect whatsoever on anyone's marriage.
So why did you ask the silly question. No, it was not argued that MY marriage would suffer becasue of gay marriage.

Red herring fallacy.

The topic is how has same-sex marriage ‘harmed’ opposite-sex marriage.
No, she asked how MY marriage was hurt.
Again, it hasn’t.

Before and after Obergefell conservative demagogues advanced the lie that allowing same-sex couples to marry would adversely affect opposite-sex marriage; after nine years that’s proven to be a lie.
The argument was that that it would belittle the institution of marriage, not that particular couples would be damaged.

Forum List

Back