Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Not into boxing but a few guys told me that he is the best ever
He is 6-7 and moves like a welter weight and hits like a freight train
I assume he is better than L Lewis

what about young Tyson or further down the line

it would be terrifying fighting a guy this size with so much speed and athletic ability

Hard to say

The Heavyweight ranks are so thin these days, he really hasn’t beaten a top rate fighter

Not into boxing but a few guys told me that he is the best ever
He is 6-7 and moves like a welter weight and hits like a freight train
I assume he is better than L Lewis

what about young Tyson or further down the line

it would be terrifying fighting a guy this size with so much speed and athletic ability

"The Bigger they are, the harder they fall" was the observation of Jethro's old man when he fought the immortal Primo Carnera back in the day.

Mr. Baer schlonged the Preem in their bout.

Tyson Fury whipped Wilder pretty convincingly, but many of his previous confrontations like with fellow big guy Klitschko was a snooze fest and he ended up on his keister before getting up and defeating the much smaller Cunningham.

At this point in time, I don't think he's really had enough quality fights to call him one of the top champions yet. But he certainly has the possibility to be our age's Carnera, considering his tremendous match with Braun Strowman in the WWE. Carnera was a 2 sport wonder too.

Tyson Fury is probably the best pound for pound fighter in boxing today. His footwork and head movements are elite. He has power in both hands. He has fast hands. And could take a punch. I’m looking forward to him fighting Anthony Joshua in may.

As far as where he stacks up against the all time greats he’s still paving his way and really difficult to compare boxers of different eras.

Forum List

Back