How far will the corona virus hysteria go?

This is not going to end well. For one thing the country is not unified. Democrats are convinced that Trump.created and spread the virus. Republicans correctly understand that democrats have blown a minor illness completely out of proportion and is using the hoax to strip away our constitutional rights. Not only does neither side trust the other but both sides are convinced of the evil intent of the other.

In such a volatile mix the last thing you want is people sitting home nursing those grievances. Yet here we stupidly are doing that very thing.
That is crazy and dead wrong. Democrats do not believe trump created and spread the virus, Tipsy. You should be ashamed to suggest it. They even know that he locked down travel from China to stop it. But, they also know that he told us all this was not going to be a serous thing. Speaking for the administration Kudlow even said it was almost totally contained. Then the people started dying at the nursing home in Kirkland, Wa. Trump over rode instructions from CDC and brought back those people from the cruise ship, officials over rode objections from CDC and even brought them back on the same airplane, the sick and the uninfected. Administration had them met in California with personnel not properly brief on precautions and unprotected from the disease themselves and they spread it in the long beach area and return home to bring it to cities in the eastern United States. The president was more worried about the economy and how this looked for his campaign than those that were getting sick and minimized the danger and effects we were to see. The infection at the nursing home ran rampant and still is. Nothing trump said has turned out to be true. He lied to the country and the country knows it. His own pronouncement spooked the financial industry and destroy chunks of the public's retirement account and still he minimized the danger. His erroneous statements, outright falsehoods and missteps of his administration's response, handling the pandemic have made it worse, for for our country. Most of us not panicking, while others panic just because sports team owners, not wanting to risk their players or endanger fans shut down sports entertainment, causing another cry across the land. The country hears republicans trying to compare to Obama, but the public knows Obama is not president, Trump is in charge of this fiasco and that fact scares them. The panic buying will end, my guess within 3 weeks, even though the infection numbers are going to go way, way up, because now, they are starting to test for it, those it is no longer containable and the public knows that also. It does not help that there are Republicans (some right here on this board) still minimizing, saying it will mainly effect older Americans and poor Democrats, as cold, uncaring, and heartless as that sounds. We are in for a rough road, but panic in the herd is wasted energy. Right wing trump supporters need to be rallying around their country, not their President. He's toast.
Democrats have been blaming Trump and trying to use that blame into exciting China into a war.

Opinion | Let’s Call It Trumpvirus

Democrats are looking to give China an excuse to a full scale attack. Republicans should be actively rejecting anything remotely associated with democrats. The country is not democrats. Democrats are the blood oath enemy. Thank God Joe Biden is their candidate for president.
You are sick. Seek help. So you found a democrat that blames trump. Big deal. I already told you what he is responsible for. You did not find that anything suggesting all democrats blame him for it getting to America. People like you said it was a hoax until trump sounded like he was finally taking it serious today. He'll probably be publicly blaming Jared by the end of the week. Take serious? Maybe. Accept any responsibility at all? No. Now you think a democrat thinks it is will start a China/American war? You are just one of the extreme irrational haters. Go take your meds. I take that back. You have obviously had too many drugs already or maybe your drunk. Is that where Typsy catlover comes from? Go feed your cats.
Deliberately spreading a bioweapon in a civilian population is an act of war. If blood enemy democrats can give the Chinese a plausible belief that Trump sent the corona virus to China they would be entitled to a first strike. Maybe nuclear strike. This is what democrats are angling for.
Nobody believes trump sent it over there, not eve the Chinese. Stay off the conspiracy sites, for goodness sake! First strike? First strike yourself in the head to see if you can get a couple of those remaining neurons to fire across the void in your head.
That no one believes this isn't stopping the enemy democrats from spreading it.

It depends on which Democrats are talking. Turn on the TV and there is no shortage of Democratic mouthpieces blaming Trump for his incompetence. Apparently he was supposed to be able to snap his fingers and have 10 million COVID-19 test kits drop out of the sky. Since he didn't he is directly responsible for the spread and subsequent deaths, so say the mouthpieces. They don't all say it, but you can't claim "Democrats aren't saying that". Maybe you aren't but many of your leaders are.
He should have accepted the test kits offered by the WHO. I suspect he was trying to find a way for the Kushner family to profit off this somehow. Trump is a grifter. Always has been.
Yes he is at fault for this. He should have acted sooner and not pretended this was all FAKE NEWS and another DEM HOAX.
Trump is the dumbest dumbass of all dumbasses who have ever lived. Full stop.
You are a gullible person if you think that.

PolitiFact - Biden falsely says Trump administration rejected WHO coronavirus test kits (that were never offered)

During Sunday night’s debate, while leveling criticism at President Donald Trump’s handling of the national response to the coronavirus pandemic, former Vice President Joe Biden said the Trump administration refused to get coronavirus testing kits from the World Health Organization.

“Look, the World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them. We did not want to get them from them. We wanted to make sure we had our own,” Biden said.

A similar claim about WHO test kits has also been circulating on Facebook.

The Biden campaign referred us to a Politico article that said the WHO shipped coronavirus tests to nearly 60 countries at the end of February, but the U.S. was not among them. That is technically correct, but it suggests that the United States would have been on the list under any circumstances.

The countries WHO helped are ones that lack the virology lab horsepower that exists across the United States. The outreach work by the Pan American Health Organization is a case in point...

The group said it focused most of its efforts on "countries with the weakest health systems."

"No discussions occurred between WHO and CDC about WHO providing COVID-19 tests to the United States," said WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris. "This is consistent with experience since the United States does not ordinarily rely on WHO for reagents or diagnostic tests because of sufficient domestic capacity."

According to interviews with several infectious disease experts, Biden’s statement leaves out key context regarding how different countries decided on which test they’d use to identify the presence of the coronavirus.​

1. All sports gone. Check

2. All schools gone. Check

3. All restaurants gone. Check

With no end in sight.

What will the state come for next and is it worth the cost of combating what essentially is the flu? Will the media driven hysteria destroy what is left of the free market and usher in Bernie's utopia?

Well, they just closed all restaurants and bars for 30 days in Florida.

They wanted to take out the economy. They’ve done it.

Well, they just closed all restaurants and bars for 30 days in Florida.

They wanted to take out the economy. They’ve done it.
That is the nonsense we are doing to ourselves. We are manufacturing a recession to protect a very small percentage of the population who could easily be staying home and managing their own social distancing. All we need is common sense and instead we are shooting ourselves in the leg to kill a mosquito.

I don’t see you bemoaning the greater number and disproportionate deaths of old people from flu.

this is more deadly than the flu
So that makes flu deaths irrelevant?

no, but considering how contagious and deadly this is it’s something to take seriously
This disease is so deadly that most people who have it don't know they are sick.
I'm with you Tipsy. I keep asking if old people at risk stayed home and managed their visitors themselves, why would the hospitals be overwhelmed with Wuhan Flu cases?
I agree. If old people die of coronavirus, it's their own damn fault.

I just wonder how it got out.

I read that some lab worker was attacked by an animal they were testing something on, and she had a catastrophic failure of her containment suit, and went to the hospital to get treatment for her injuries, not realizing she was carrying the COVID19 virus.

They are supposed to lock all the doors and blow the place up if that happens. I think I've seen that in the movies.
I heard it was developed on a super secret military base and somebody fucked up and it got loose. A gate guard grabbed his family and raced out before they could lock the place down. They crashed into a gas station somewhere and it spread from there.

Oh wait....

This disease is so deadly that most people who have it don't know they are sick.
I'm with you Tipsy. I keep asking if old people at risk stayed home and managed their visitors themselves, why would the hospitals be overwhelmed with Wuhan Flu cases?
You are a stupid fucktard.

If old people need ventilators or ICU treatment, where do they go?

To a bar like you do?

It depends on which Democrats are talking. Turn on the TV and there is no shortage of Democratic mouthpieces blaming Trump for his incompetence. Apparently he was supposed to be able to snap his fingers and have 10 million COVID-19 test kits drop out of the sky. Since he didn't he is directly responsible for the spread and subsequent deaths, so say the mouthpieces. They don't all say it, but you can't claim "Democrats aren't saying that". Maybe you aren't but many of your leaders are.
He should have accepted the test kits offered by the WHO. I suspect he was trying to find a way for the Kushner family to profit off this somehow. Trump is a grifter. Always has been.
Yes he is at fault for this. He should have acted sooner and not pretended this was all FAKE NEWS and another DEM HOAX.

PolitiFact - Biden falsely says Trump administration rejected WHO coronavirus test kits (that were never offered)

During Sunday night’s debate, while leveling criticism at President Donald Trump’s handling of the national response to the coronavirus pandemic, former Vice President Joe Biden said the Trump administration refused to get coronavirus testing kits from the World Health Organization.

“Look, the World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them. We did not want to get them from them. We wanted to make sure we had our own,” Biden said.

The Biden campaign referred us to a Politico article that said the WHO shipped coronavirus tests to nearly 60 countries at the end of February, but the U.S. was not among them. That is technically correct, but it suggests that the United States would have been on the list under any circumstances.

The countries WHO helped are ones that lack the virology lab horsepower that exists across the United States. The outreach work by the Pan American Health Organization is a case in point...

The group said it focused most of its efforts on "countries with the weakest health systems."

"No discussions occurred between WHO and CDC about WHO providing COVID-19 tests to the United States," said WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris. "This is consistent with experience since the United States does not ordinarily rely on WHO for reagents or diagnostic tests because of sufficient domestic capacity."

According to interviews with several infectious disease experts, Biden’s statement leaves out key context regarding how different countries decided on which test they’d use to identify the presence of the coronavirus.​
I stand corrected on that point. However, the decision to have the CDC develop their own test didn't work out all that well since the initial test was flawed and wasted valuable testing time.

You are a stupid fucktard.

If old people need ventilators or ICU treatment, where do they go?

To a bar like you do?
If they self-isolate they won't need treatment from coronavirus. And we don't have the ventilators or ICU capacity to handle all of them in any case. Have you seen what is happening in Italy?

PS. I don't drink, I'm naturally high.

no, but considering how contagious and deadly this is it’s something to take seriously
I didn't say old people dying of the virus are at fault. We all need to exercise common sense especially when it comes to the affected group, but the affected group should take ownership of their own well being.

This is not going to end well. For one thing the country is not unified. Democrats are convinced that Trump.created and spread the virus. Republicans correctly understand that democrats have blown a minor illness completely out of proportion and is using the hoax to strip away our constitutional rights. Not only does neither side trust the other but both sides are convinced of the evil intent of the other.

In such a volatile mix the last thing you want is people sitting home nursing those grievances. Yet here we stupidly are doing that very thing.
That is crazy and dead wrong. Democrats do not believe trump created and spread the virus, Tipsy. You should be ashamed to suggest it. They even know that he locked down travel from China to stop it. But, they also know that he told us all this was not going to be a serous thing. Speaking for the administration Kudlow even said it was almost totally contained. Then the people started dying at the nursing home in Kirkland, Wa. Trump over rode instructions from CDC and brought back those people from the cruise ship, officials over rode objections from CDC and even brought them back on the same airplane, the sick and the uninfected. Administration had them met in California with personnel not properly brief on precautions and unprotected from the disease themselves and they spread it in the long beach area and return home to bring it to cities in the eastern United States. The president was more worried about the economy and how this looked for his campaign than those that were getting sick and minimized the danger and effects we were to see. The infection at the nursing home ran rampant and still is. Nothing trump said has turned out to be true. He lied to the country and the country knows it. His own pronouncement spooked the financial industry and destroy chunks of the public's retirement account and still he minimized the danger. His erroneous statements, outright falsehoods and missteps of his administration's response, handling the pandemic have made it worse, for for our country. Most of us not panicking, while others panic just because sports team owners, not wanting to risk their players or endanger fans shut down sports entertainment, causing another cry across the land. The country hears republicans trying to compare to Obama, but the public knows Obama is not president, Trump is in charge of this fiasco and that fact scares them. The panic buying will end, my guess within 3 weeks, even though the infection numbers are going to go way, way up, because now, they are starting to test for it, those it is no longer containable and the public knows that also. It does not help that there are Republicans (some right here on this board) still minimizing, saying it will mainly effect older Americans and poor Democrats, as cold, uncaring, and heartless as that sounds. We are in for a rough road, but panic in the herd is wasted energy. Right wing trump supporters need to be rallying around their country, not their President. He's toast.
I don’t see you bemoaning the greater number and disproportionate deaths of old people from flu.

Who’s not taking it seriously?
I’m talking about context...
27 vs 1500

27 vs 1500

But not if they die of flu — in greater numbers, right?

1. All sports gone. Check

2. All schools gone. Check

3. All restaurants gone. Check

With no end in sight.

What will the state come for next and is it worth the cost of combating what essentially is the flu? Will the media driven hysteria destroy what is left of the free market and usher in Bernie's utopia?

No sorry - It is NOT essentially "The Flu". Stop repeating Dithering Dotard's lies please.

But not if they die of flu — in greater numbers, right?
They should have got a flu shot.

I stand corrected on that point. However, the decision to have the CDC develop their own test didn't work out all that well since the initial test was flawed and wasted valuable testing time.
The decision?? It has been done like that for decades. An example for you-
CDC Laboratory Testing for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
CDC works closely with state and local public health departments, travel industry partners, and others to identify and test people who may be infected with MERS-CoV. CDC conducts several different laboratory tests to detect MERS-CoV infection.

In general, these lab tests fall into two categories:

• Molecular tests, which look for evidence of active infection; and
  • Serology tests, which look for previous infection by detecting antibodies to MERS-CoV. Serology tests are for surveillance or investigational purposes and not for diagnostic purposes.
[paste:font size="5"]Emergency Use Authorization because there are no FDA-cleared/approved tests available for this purpose in the United States.

sooo, if anything Trump made sure that was changed when it was realized for corona virus.

CDC Laboratory Testing for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
CDC works closely with state and local public health departments, travel industry partners, and others to identify and test people who may be infected with MERS-CoV. CDC conducts several different laboratory tests to detect MERS-CoV infection.

• Serology tests, which look for previous infection by detecting antibodies to MERS-CoV. Serology tests are for surveillance or investigational purposes and not for diagnostic purposes.
[paste:font size="5"]Emergency Use Authorization because there are no FDA-cleared/approved tests available for this purpose in the United States.

sooo, if anything Trump made sure that was changed when it was realized for corona virus.
And still, the initial CDC test was flawed, wasting valuable time and no doubt many lives. Should have collaborated with WHO.

And still, the initial CDC test was flawed, wasting valuable time and no doubt many lives. Should have collaborated with WHO.
Yet the same people are there as previously-
The broader point about there being “nobody here” to coordinate the response sells short what’s in place to handle an outbreak.

The public health system has a playbook to follow for pandemic preparation — regardless of who’s president or whether specific instructions are coming from the White House. Those plans were put into place in anticipation of another flu pandemic, but are designed to work for any respiratory-borne disease.

Among the health authorities overseeing the work are Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC’s principal deputy director and a veteran of previous outbreaks, and Dr. Anthony Fauci, NIH’s infectious disease chief who has advised six presidents.

“The CDC’s response has been excellent, as it has been in the past,” said John Auerbach, president of the nonpartisan Trust for America’s Health, which works with government at all levels to improve the nation’s response to high-risk health crises. Some Democrats have charged that Trump decimated the nation’s public health leadership, but Auerbach said CDC’s top scientific ranks have remained stable during the past three years.

AP FACT CHECK: Democrats distort coronavirus readiness

Wow, if you test positive for Covid-19, you might be treated like a fugitive.

New Jersey woman who tested positive for coronavirus remains 'at large' after giving hospital false name, address

An unidentified young woman in Newark, which is New Jersey’s largest city population-wise, and sits about 10.6 miles outside Manhattan, is posing a “public health risk” and remains “at large” in the community after testing positive for the coronavirus, the mayor said Tuesday.

In a video press conference, Mayor Ras Baraka, a Democrat, said the unidentified woman arrived at East Orange General Hospital on Saturday, underwent a COVID-19 test, provided a false name and address and left.

The test result later came back positive, and city health officials arrived to the address provided to notify her that she needed to come in for treatment. That’s when officials realized the woman at the hospital had lied about her identity and residence.

Forum List

Back