How far will the corona virus hysteria go?

It depends on which Democrats are talking. Turn on the TV and there is no shortage of Democratic mouthpieces blaming Trump for his incompetence. Apparently he was supposed to be able to snap his fingers and have 10 million COVID-19 test kits drop out of the sky. Since he didn't he is directly responsible for the spread and subsequent deaths, so say the mouthpieces. They don't all say it, but you can't claim "Democrats aren't saying that". Maybe you aren't but many of your leaders are.
He should have accepted the test kits offered by the WHO. I suspect he was trying to find a way for the Kushner family to profit off this somehow. Trump is a grifter. Always has been.
Yes he is at fault for this. He should have acted sooner and not pretended this was all FAKE NEWS and another DEM HOAX.
Trump is the dumbest dumbass of all dumbasses who have ever lived. Full stop.
You are a gullible person if you think that.

PolitiFact - Biden falsely says Trump administration rejected WHO coronavirus test kits (that were never offered)

During Sunday night’s debate, while leveling criticism at President Donald Trump’s handling of the national response to the coronavirus pandemic, former Vice President Joe Biden said the Trump administration refused to get coronavirus testing kits from the World Health Organization.

“Look, the World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them. We did not want to get them from them. We wanted to make sure we had our own,” Biden said.

A similar claim about WHO test kits has also been circulating on Facebook.

The Biden campaign referred us to a Politico article that said the WHO shipped coronavirus tests to nearly 60 countries at the end of February, but the U.S. was not among them. That is technically correct, but it suggests that the United States would have been on the list under any circumstances.

The countries WHO helped are ones that lack the virology lab horsepower that exists across the United States. The outreach work by the Pan American Health Organization is a case in point...

The group said it focused most of its efforts on "countries with the weakest health systems."

"No discussions occurred between WHO and CDC about WHO providing COVID-19 tests to the United States," said WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris. "This is consistent with experience since the United States does not ordinarily rely on WHO for reagents or diagnostic tests because of sufficient domestic capacity."

According to interviews with several infectious disease experts, Biden’s statement leaves out key context regarding how different countries decided on which test they’d use to identify the presence of the coronavirus.​
I stand corrected on that point. However, the decision to have the CDC develop their own test didn't work out all that well since the initial test was flawed and wasted valuable testing time.
The decision?? It has been done like that for decades. An example for you-
CDC Laboratory Testing for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
CDC works closely with state and local public health departments, travel industry partners, and others to identify and test people who may be infected with MERS-CoV. CDC conducts several different laboratory tests to detect MERS-CoV infection.

In general, these lab tests fall into two categories:

• Molecular tests, which look for evidence of active infection; and
  • Serology tests, which look for previous infection by detecting antibodies to MERS-CoV. Serology tests are for surveillance or investigational purposes and not for diagnostic purposes.
[paste:font size="5"]Emergency Use Authorization because there are no FDA-cleared/approved tests available for this purpose in the United States.

sooo, if anything Trump made sure that was changed when it was realized for corona virus.
And still, the initial CDC test was flawed, wasting valuable time and no doubt many lives. Should have collaborated with WHO.
HURRY UP HURRY UP WE NEED A TEST!!!
COME ON WE"RE DYING!!!!! :aargh:

oh the test is flawed? :eek-52:

YOU IDIOTS YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR THE WHO!!!!! :aargh:

90281037_3048791018511373_1990106429842784256_n.jpg

The hysteria is not media driven. It is fear of the unknown.

And this is NOT the flu. Once things get out of hand, a much higher percentage will die. The low death numbers simply show our medical system CAN work, if it is not overwhelmed by people not taking simple precautions.

The facts of death are real ------- this thing is 911 you can't see it and the dumb can't see how this is pyshe warfare being used on them gearing them into position which is ' ( depending on here you get those facts of coures)

GIVE UP THE REST OF OUR GAWD DAM RIGHTS------

JUST LIKE 911

think ppl think!!!!

You quoted my post for your rant.

Please point out exactly what rights I am suggesting you give up?
Ohhh look it’s the anti trumper
What do you see in these numbers???

corona-virus-vs-flu-3-16-600x246.jpg

this is more deadly than the flu
So that makes flu deaths irrelevant?

no, but considering how contagious and deadly this is it’s something to take seriously
This disease is so deadly that most people who have it don't know they are sick.
I'm with you Tipsy. I keep asking if old people at risk stayed home and managed their visitors themselves, why would the hospitals be overwhelmed with Wuhan Flu cases?
I agree. If old people die of coronavirus, it's their own damn fault.
The old people who are dying are already very sick. One young man with leukemia has also died.

This is not going to end well. For one thing the country is not unified. Democrats are convinced that Trump.created and spread the virus. Republicans correctly understand that democrats have blown a minor illness completely out of proportion and is using the hoax to strip away our constitutional rights. Not only does neither side trust the other but both sides are convinced of the evil intent of the other.

In such a volatile mix the last thing you want is people sitting home nursing those grievances. Yet here we stupidly are doing that very thing.
Do you feel stupid yet? I will ask again in a week

This is not going to end well. For one thing the country is not unified. Democrats are convinced that Trump.created and spread the virus. Republicans correctly understand that democrats have blown a minor illness completely out of proportion and is using the hoax to strip away our constitutional rights. Not only does neither side trust the other but both sides are convinced of the evil intent of the other.

In such a volatile mix the last thing you want is people sitting home nursing those grievances. Yet here we stupidly are doing that very thing.
Do you feel stupid yet? I will ask again in a week
I have been right so far. How unified do you think the country is?

no, but considering how contagious and deadly this is it’s something to take seriously
This disease is so deadly that most people who have it don't know they are sick.
I'm with you Tipsy. I keep asking if old people at risk stayed home and managed their visitors themselves, why would the hospitals be overwhelmed with Wuhan Flu cases?
I agree. If old people die of coronavirus, it's their own damn fault.
But not if they die of flu — in greater numbers, right?
They should have got a flu shot.
I’m sure some did.

And this is NOT the flu. Once things get out of hand, a much higher percentage will die. The low death numbers simply show our medical system CAN work, if it is not overwhelmed by people not taking simple precautions.

The facts of death are real ------- this thing is 911 you can't see it and the dumb can't see how this is pyshe warfare being used on them gearing them into position which is ' ( depending on here you get those facts of coures)

JUST LIKE 911

think ppl think!!!!

Oh look, it is the compulsive liar.
Name one and prove it

JUST LIKE 911

think ppl think!!!!

Oh look, it is the compulsive liar.
Name one and prove it

You called me an anti trumper, like it was a fact. When the fact is, you have no idea.

JUST LIKE 911

think ppl think!!!!

Prove it.

1. All sports gone. Check

2. All schools gone. Check

3. All restaurants gone. Check

With no end in sight.

What will the state come for next and is it worth the cost of combating what essentially is the flu? Will the media driven hysteria destroy what is left of the free market and usher in Bernie's utopia?
The panic will go as far as liberals can take it

As Far as the Politicians can push it...............But when the Summer comes........in Humid areas with heat it will go Way down and eventually go away......Take longer in Dryer .....colder climates.
Not so sure about that.

Iran, Spain and Italy are fairly warm compared to the rest of Europe and they are among the leaders in infections
Heat and Humidity..........lowers the spread of Flu...........they are not sure if this virus is Seasonable yet...........I believe it will be..........from what I've read.

As Far as the Politicians can push it...............But when the Summer comes........in Humid areas with heat it will go Way down and eventually go away......Take longer in Dryer .....colder climates.
Not so sure about that.

Iran, Spain and Italy are fairly warm compared to the rest of Europe and they are among the leaders in infections
agree.... I wouldn't be so certain either.... especially when Tom hanks is in Australia, of which 2/3's of it resides in the Tropic of Capricorn, which is humid as heck this time of year.... (though I am uncertain where on the continent they were filming)

they likely are in the heat and humidity of summer and both Tom and wifey, caught it.
Early into this..........and it's not proven to be seasonable yet.............Flu's DO HAVE A SEASON......this virus does spread like the Flu...........

So it is yet to be determined.......I am HOPEFUL.............that heat and humidity will lessen it.

In the meantime...........Vaccine testing in Seattle.........Texas and Israel that I've heard of so far............new treatments using plasma from those infected and survive is showing improvement.....

Our medical people have used the time wisely.

Well, they just closed all restaurants and bars for 30 days in Florida.

They wanted to take out the economy. They’ve done it.
We are out for 2 to 8 weeks.................Construction worker here..........ALL NON ESSENTIAL WORK from this day forward is SUSPENDED............LOL

Over a 1000 out the gate..........yeah.......

It depends on which Democrats are talking. Turn on the TV and there is no shortage of Democratic mouthpieces blaming Trump for his incompetence. Apparently he was supposed to be able to snap his fingers and have 10 million COVID-19 test kits drop out of the sky. Since he didn't he is directly responsible for the spread and subsequent deaths, so say the mouthpieces. They don't all say it, but you can't claim "Democrats aren't saying that". Maybe you aren't but many of your leaders are.
He should have accepted the test kits offered by the WHO. I suspect he was trying to find a way for the Kushner family to profit off this somehow. Trump is a grifter. Always has been.
Yes he is at fault for this. He should have acted sooner and not pretended this was all FAKE NEWS and another DEM HOAX.
Trump is the dumbest dumbass of all dumbasses who have ever lived. Full stop.
You are a gullible person if you think that.

PolitiFact - Biden falsely says Trump administration rejected WHO coronavirus test kits (that were never offered)

During Sunday night’s debate, while leveling criticism at President Donald Trump’s handling of the national response to the coronavirus pandemic, former Vice President Joe Biden said the Trump administration refused to get coronavirus testing kits from the World Health Organization.

“Look, the World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them. We did not want to get them from them. We wanted to make sure we had our own,” Biden said.

A similar claim about WHO test kits has also been circulating on Facebook.

The Biden campaign referred us to a Politico article that said the WHO shipped coronavirus tests to nearly 60 countries at the end of February, but the U.S. was not among them. That is technically correct, but it suggests that the United States would have been on the list under any circumstances.

The countries WHO helped are ones that lack the virology lab horsepower that exists across the United States. The outreach work by the Pan American Health Organization is a case in point...

The group said it focused most of its efforts on "countries with the weakest health systems."

"No discussions occurred between WHO and CDC about WHO providing COVID-19 tests to the United States," said WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris. "This is consistent with experience since the United States does not ordinarily rely on WHO for reagents or diagnostic tests because of sufficient domestic capacity."

According to interviews with several infectious disease experts, Biden’s statement leaves out key context regarding how different countries decided on which test they’d use to identify the presence of the coronavirus.​
I stand corrected on that point. However, the decision to have the CDC develop their own test didn't work out all that well since the initial test was flawed and wasted valuable testing time.
The decision?? It has been done like that for decades. An example for you-
CDC Laboratory Testing for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
CDC works closely with state and local public health departments, travel industry partners, and others to identify and test people who may be infected with MERS-CoV. CDC conducts several different laboratory tests to detect MERS-CoV infection.

In general, these lab tests fall into two categories:

• Molecular tests, which look for evidence of active infection; and
  • Serology tests, which look for previous infection by detecting antibodies to MERS-CoV. Serology tests are for surveillance or investigational purposes and not for diagnostic purposes.
[paste:font size="5"]Emergency Use Authorization because there are no FDA-cleared/approved tests available for this purpose in the United States.

sooo, if anything Trump made sure that was changed when it was realized for corona virus.
And still, the initial CDC test was flawed, wasting valuable time and no doubt many lives. Should have collaborated with WHO.
Why..........We have the CDC.........they have a budget ......it is THEIR JOB.........How the hell did anyone know they WOULD FUCK IT UP..........

If they hadn't ..........we wouldn't be behind the 8 ball right now..........Private companies are stepping up as always to deal with this.

Forum List

Back