How far will the corona virus hysteria go?

Shutting down our country to save a very small percentage of old people, of which I am one, is insanity. At some point, common sense has to enter the equation. Otherwise we are creating economic calamity in the middle of a robust economy. For what? Was this all calculated by China? The spawning of the virus, Xi hiding the outbreak, the temporary hospitals being built in days, all to amplify the effect?
60 million Americans are in the ''vulnerable'' category... that's not really ''a few''...?
Gee. Wonder how the Red Chinese got that # from the DNC who knows most older people have a useful brain and know a party of INFANTICIDE film flam when they see one.....Kill them over 65 types, and brainwash even further maniac teachers and their young heads full of mush.....you do realize that China has been looking for a KIND OF LEGITIMATE way to reduce its millions of old population over decades..... FYI there are over 123 MILLION CHINESE OVER 65 TODAY.....DATS A LOT A FRIED RICE, AND TREE BARK!
Notice how fast the protests ended.

What happened in Italy put the fear off God in them. Better I think to over react than under react until we get enough masks and sanitizer...outdoor hand washing stations...and most importantly...a civic minded mentality toward germs and hygiene.

This is not going to end well. For one thing the country is not unified. Democrats are convinced that Trump.created and spread the virus. Republicans correctly understand that democrats have blown a minor illness completely out of proportion and is using the hoax to strip away our constitutional rights. Not only does neither side trust the other but both sides are convinced of the evil intent of the other.

In such a volatile mix the last thing you want is people sitting home nursing those grievances. Yet here we stupidly are doing that very thing.
What Democrats have said trump created the virus?

What constitutional rights have been stripped away from you?
New York Times
Opinion | Let’s Call It Trumpvirus

Freedom of assembly so far
The New York Times isn't a Democrat, you idiot, it's an entity.

You haven't lost your right to free assembly, lying asshole.
Great reply death angel, the funny emoticon.

The universal right wing nut job response that says, "I have absolutely nothing of any substance to say".

What happened in Italy put the fear off God in them. Better I think to over react than under react until we get enough masks and sanitizer...outdoor hand washing stations...and most importantly...a civic minded mentality toward germs and hygiene.

What? Are you from Mars or sumpin?

:D

What? Are you from Mars or sumpin?

:D
Good to see ya Jim. Hope all is well with you.

It is quite common for the Chinese to take the animals they use for lab testing and sell them in the wet market for food.
SMDH, I have to wonder how modernized China really is when I read shit like that. India too.

Then I think of California and feel more humble.

This is not going to end well. For one thing the country is not unified. Democrats are convinced that Trump.created and spread the virus. Republicans correctly understand that democrats have blown a minor illness completely out of proportion and is using the hoax to strip away our constitutional rights. Not only does neither side trust the other but both sides are convinced of the evil intent of the other.

In such a volatile mix the last thing you want is people sitting home nursing those grievances. Yet here we stupidly are doing that very thing.
That is crazy and dead wrong. Democrats do not believe trump created and spread the virus, Tipsy. You should be ashamed to suggest it. They even know that he locked down travel from China to stop it. But, they also know that he told us all this was not going to be a serous thing. Speaking for the administration Kudlow even said it was almost totally contained. Then the people started dying at the nursing home in Kirkland, Wa. Trump over rode instructions from CDC and brought back those people from the cruise ship, officials over rode objections from CDC and even brought them back on the same airplane, the sick and the uninfected. Administration had them met in California with personnel not properly brief on precautions and unprotected from the disease themselves and they spread it in the long beach area and return home to bring it to cities in the eastern United States. The president was more worried about the economy and how this looked for his campaign than those that were getting sick and minimized the danger and effects we were to see. The infection at the nursing home ran rampant and still is. Nothing trump said has turned out to be true. He lied to the country and the country knows it. His own pronouncement spooked the financial industry and destroy chunks of the public's retirement account and still he minimized the danger. His erroneous statements, outright falsehoods and missteps of his administration's response, handling the pandemic have made it worse, for for our country. Most of us not panicking, while others panic just because sports team owners, not wanting to risk their players or endanger fans shut down sports entertainment, causing another cry across the land. The country hears republicans trying to compare to Obama, but the public knows Obama is not president, Trump is in charge of this fiasco and that fact scares them. The panic buying will end, my guess within 3 weeks, even though the infection numbers are going to go way, way up, because now, they are starting to test for it, those it is no longer containable and the public knows that also. It does not help that there are Republicans (some right here on this board) still minimizing, saying it will mainly effect older Americans and poor Democrats, as cold, uncaring, and heartless as that sounds. We are in for a rough road, but panic in the herd is wasted energy. Right wing trump supporters need to be rallying around their country, not their President. He's toast.
I don’t see you bemoaning the greater number and disproportionate deaths of old people from flu.
I try to be philosophical. $hit happens. True we haven't seen this $hit. before in present memory as a country, and this modern societal generation, indeed seems more fragile and self centered than optimum to face it, but we've read about it in other places and times, and the world got back to normal and went on. We will this time also.
Survival is a basic human need so I think we’ll figure something out.

As Far as the Politicians can push it...............But when the Summer comes........in Humid areas with heat it will go Way down and eventually go away......Take longer in Dryer .....colder climates.

As Far as the Politicians can push it...............But when the Summer comes........in Humid areas with heat it will go Way down and eventually go away......Take longer in Dryer .....colder climates.
Not so sure about that.

Iran, Spain and Italy are fairly warm compared to the rest of Europe and they are among the leaders in infections

... the world got back to normal and went on. We will this time also.
Survival is a basic human need so I think we’ll figure something out.
But the question is 'How many will we lose on our path to survival?'
I suspect that might have an ugly answer. I really do not like the estimates by some of the people that are suppose to know. We are being careful. I suggest you do same. If our kids and or grand-kids don't bring it to us by accident, I am pretty confident we can avoid, and live comfortable through summer into fall, even if only coming up for air for supply runs. If they do not find effective ways to fight it in the stricken by fall and the new cold/flu season, not so sure. Hope the vaccine they started testing today works at least partially, without killing any of the 45 volunteers. Saw one of them being interviewed today. She was middle aged, or what you and I would call young. I think that kind of volunteering is a very courageous thing on a product invented in the last 25 days. She's not even nearly in the high risk group. They are participating in that testing, with the primary beneficiaries being people like you and me and older. Wow.

Shutting down our country to save a very small percentage of old people, of which I am one, is insanity. At some point, common sense has to enter the equation. Otherwise we are creating economic calamity in the middle of a robust economy. For what? Was this all calculated by China? The spawning of the virus, Xi hiding the outbreak, the temporary hospitals being built in days, all to amplify the effect?
60 million Americans are in the ''vulnerable'' category... that's not really ''a few''...?
Gee. Wonder how the Red Chinese got that # from the DNC who knows most older people have a useful brain and know a party of INFANTICIDE film flam when they see one.....Kill them over 65 types, and brainwash even further maniac teachers and their young heads full of mush.....you do realize that China has been looking for a KIND OF LEGITIMATE way to reduce its millions of old population over decades..... FYI there are over 123 MILLION CHINESE OVER 65 TODAY.....DATS A LOT A FRIED RICE, AND TREE BARK!
Are you just in need of mental health care and I need to simply feel sorry for you, or are you in your teens???

That is crazy and dead wrong. Democrats do not believe trump created and spread the virus, Tipsy. You should be ashamed to suggest it. They even know that he locked down travel from China to stop it. But, they also know that he told us all this was not going to be a serous thing. Speaking for the administration Kudlow even said it was almost totally contained. Then the people started dying at the nursing home in Kirkland, Wa. Trump over rode instructions from CDC and brought back those people from the cruise ship, officials over rode objections from CDC and even brought them back on the same airplane, the sick and the uninfected. Administration had them met in California with personnel not properly brief on precautions and unprotected from the disease themselves and they spread it in the long beach area and return home to bring it to cities in the eastern United States. The president was more worried about the economy and how this looked for his campaign than those that were getting sick and minimized the danger and effects we were to see. The infection at the nursing home ran rampant and still is. Nothing trump said has turned out to be true. He lied to the country and the country knows it. His own pronouncement spooked the financial industry and destroy chunks of the public's retirement account and still he minimized the danger. His erroneous statements, outright falsehoods and missteps of his administration's response, handling the pandemic have made it worse, for for our country. Most of us not panicking, while others panic just because sports team owners, not wanting to risk their players or endanger fans shut down sports entertainment, causing another cry across the land. The country hears republicans trying to compare to Obama, but the public knows Obama is not president, Trump is in charge of this fiasco and that fact scares them. The panic buying will end, my guess within 3 weeks, even though the infection numbers are going to go way, way up, because now, they are starting to test for it, those it is no longer containable and the public knows that also. It does not help that there are Republicans (some right here on this board) still minimizing, saying it will mainly effect older Americans and poor Democrats, as cold, uncaring, and heartless as that sounds. We are in for a rough road, but panic in the herd is wasted energy. Right wing trump supporters need to be rallying around their country, not their President. He's toast.
I don’t see you bemoaning the greater number and disproportionate deaths of old people from flu.

this is more deadly than the flu

The hysteria is not media driven. It is fear of the unknown.

And this is NOT the flu. Once things get out of hand, a much higher percentage will die. The low death numbers simply show our medical system CAN work, if it is not overwhelmed by people not taking simple precautions.

Democrats have been blaming Trump and trying to use that blame into exciting China into a war.

Opinion | Let’s Call It Trumpvirus

Democrats are looking to give China an excuse to a full scale attack. Republicans should be actively rejecting anything remotely associated with democrats. The country is not democrats. Democrats are the blood oath enemy. Thank God Joe Biden is their candidate for president.

Not so sure about that.

Iran, Spain and Italy are fairly warm compared to the rest of Europe and they are among the leaders in infections
agree.... I wouldn't be so certain either.... especially when Tom hanks is in Australia, of which 2/3's of it resides in the Tropic of Capricorn, which is humid as heck this time of year.... (though I am uncertain where on the continent they were filming)

they likely are in the heat and humidity of summer and both Tom and wifey, caught it.

Forum List

Back