How Do You See God?

is that creator the same god in your bible? Or is it just a probability wave?
I believe so. No other religion makes a claim to be a revealed religion.

God isn't subject to probability waves because God is no thing. Only things are subject to quantum mechanics. ;)

I believe so. No other religion makes a claim to be a revealed religion.

God isn't subject to probability waves because God is no thing. Only things are subject to quantum mechanics. ;)
All religions make the claim that theirs is the true religion.

Hence my problem with religion.

If there was just one god he certainly didn't seem to be able to make it clear what he actually wanted from his creations

All religions make the claim that theirs is the true religion.

Hence my problem with religion.

If there was just one god he certainly didn't seem to be able to make it clear what he actually wanted from his creations
You might want to research what a revealed religion means.

Not sure how the addition of other gods would change that outcome but if you don't know what God expects from you I can't help you. It was written into your heart.

So you think it's perfectly OK to violate the god given rights of all creatures for your own pleasure.

Typical religious hypocrite
I'm selfish. How is that being hypocritical if I admit that I eat animal proteins because I am selfish?

You might want to research what a revealed religion means.

Not sure how the addition of other gods would change that outcome but if you don't know what God expects from you I can't help you. It was written into your heart.
Why would an all powerful god only "reveal" his preferred religion to just a few people and not everyone?

Why would an all powerful god only "reveal" his preferred religion to just a few people and not everyone?
And I expect nothing from god and I see no reason for any god to expect anything from me.

Like I said I would not change the way I live if the god of your bible appeared to the entire world at noon today

He did reveal it to everyone. You know about it, right?

Besides it's been written into our hearts. Man prefers good over evil and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept he rationalizes he didn't violate it. There's your proof right there. You can't get rid of the concept of fairness.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
And I expect nothing from god and I see no reason for any god to expect anything from me.

Like I said I would not change the way I live if the god of your bible appeared to the entire world at noon today
That's your loss but the reality is you owe everything to God. So whether you like it or not you are indebted to God for your existence. So maybe you should rethink your attitude.

He did reveal it to everyone. You know about it, right?

Besides it's been written into our hearts. Man prefers good over evil and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept he rationalizes he didn't violate it. There's your proof right there. You can't get rid of the concept of fairness.
No he didn't.

If he did then everyone would be following the same religion.

No he didn't.

If he did then everyone would be following the same religion.
But you do know about it, right?

That's some flawed logic on your part, bro. Everyone knows smoking is bad but people still do it.

But you do know about it, right?

That's some flawed logic on your part, bro. Everyone knows smoking is bad but people still do it.
I know there are many different religions all claiming to be the right one.

Christians can't even agree which flavor is the one that the god of the bible actually liked

I know there are many different religions all claiming to be the right one.

Christians can't even agree which flavor is the one that the god of the bible actually liked
Different perceptions of God does not equal different gods.

I never said it did but really only one can be right. You think it's yours and other people think it's theirs
But you keep making the argument like it means something. It doesn't mean anything. Different perceptions of God does not equal different gods. Say it with me.

I remember once how I went to a Baptist church and I wound up being afraid of God because I thought that He was angry with me. Then I changed to a Methodist church and saw the loving side of God instead. Now, I'm obviously not saying that all Baptists are to be feared, because JohnDB is a Baptist and nothing like those people that I came across. My point is that God never actually changed, it's how we see Him ourselves that changes.
Since god is an unicorn, you can make your god whatever you want or need it to be.........good, bad, ugly---doesn't matter.

Since god is an unicorn, you can make your god whatever you want or need it to be.........good, bad, ugly---doesn't matter.
It kinda does matter.

If the universe were created through natural process and we are an accidental happenstance of matter and energy doing what matter and energy do, then there should be no expectation for absolute morals. Morals can be anything we want them to be. The problem is that nature does have a preference for an outcome. Societies and people which behave with virtue experience order and harmony. Societies and people which behave without virtue experience disorder and chaos. So we can see from the outcomes that not all behaviors have equal outcomes. That some behaviors have better outcomes and some behaviors have worse outcomes. This is the moral law at work.

But you keep making the argument like it means something. It doesn't mean anything. Different perceptions of God does not equal different gods. Say it with me.
How can there be different perceptions of a god that revealed himself?

If the all powerful god told everyone who he was then everyone would have the same perception. But that didn't happen.

So what we have is nothing but a societal manifestation of a god not an actual one

It kinda does matter.

If the universe were created through natural process and we are an accidental happenstance of matter and energy doing what matter and energy do, then there should be no expectation for absolute morals. Morals can be anything we want them to be. The problem is that nature does have a preference for an outcome. Societies and people which behave with virtue experience order and harmony. Societies and people which behave without virtue experience disorder and chaos. So we can see from the outcomes that not all behaviors have equal outcomes. That some behaviors have better outcomes and some behaviors have worse outcomes. This is the moral law at work.
There are no absolute morals.

Forum List

Back