How Do You See God?

Ok, here's what I have learned, as a born again Christian for many years.

God is unfailing love, knows me better than I know myself, knows all my faults and weaknesses yet still loves me despite all that, and nothing can ever separate me from that perfect love. (Romans 8:38-39)

God is patient, kind, compassionate, has my back and wants the best for me, similar to how a good earthly father wants the best for their child. But at the same time I believe that God honors our free will and even when we make unwise decisions, God can and does bring good out of bad.

God is 100% just, GOOD, perfect, and God disciplines those he loves. (Hebrews 12:6) I have experienced that in my own life, and it's not fun to go through, but oh do you learn! Yes, you definitely learn.

God is 100% trustworthy and keeps His promises. God wants us to pray, and God answers prayer! It may not always be the answer we want, and sometimes it doesn't happen right away, but God answers prayer. Also, as crazy as this may sound to nonbelievers, God speaks to his own in different ways, and that is absolutely biblical (read John 10:27), which leads me to the next point...

God is not some far off, vague impersonal power, which is what some people think of God. I have learned that it’s the opposite, God is personal and relational. God wants us to be reconciled to Him (1 Tim 2:4, Rom 5:11) to know Him (John 17:3, 2 Peter 3:18) to walk with Him (Micah 6:8, Galatians 5:16) and partner with Him in His purposes (1 Corinthians 3:9, John 15:16)….but not just as servants, as a friend of God. (John 15:15)

To sum up that last paragraph, it's really not about religion. I believe that God hates empty religion or when people merely go through the motions. Christianity is about having a relationship with God, which is what we were created for, and how it was in the very beginning, before mankind chose to go their own way.

I could go on and on, but I don’t want to write a book here! Is this enough? :tongue:

Last edited:

How Do You See God?​

God is the most beautiful, radiant person you can imagine, almost looking like a child. God encompasses all masculine and feminine qualities. God is so bright and beautiful that it is only by his magnificent grace that you can even look at him. God shines with a golden light which exudes infinite love, beauty, knowledge, power and compassion. God is the original cause of everything.

God is love, a pure love.
But then you have to define love. Dies a child think their parents are "pure love" when they put limits on them? Whe a child doesnt get his or her way every time, they dont see "love"

Adults are babies all grown up (physically, anyway)

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be
A Scripture proving a point few agree with me on.

We are NOT all "children of God" UNTIL you have the Holy Spirit. Until then, you are children of the devil. Satan is the god of this world. The world follows him. He has many "churches."

A Scripture proving a point few agree with me on.

We are NOT all "children of God" UNTIL you have the Holy Spirit. Until then, you are children of the devil. Satan is the god of this world. The world follows him. He has many "churches."
God made Satan so even "children of Satan" are children of god

God made Satan so even "children of Satan" are children of god
Sorry, no. You are not a child of God until you have the Holy Spirit. You are God's CREATION but not His child. Satan is His CREATION. He is not His child

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. ... He was a murderer from the beginning, anddoes not stand in the truth

Growing up in the Lutheran church, I was taught about a loving, generous, and caring God. I never really saw that God in my life or the world around me, but I bought the company line.

Then, when I was 24, the most decent, faithful and truly GOOD man I’ve ever known (my dad) got Cancer. Three years later, on his 54th birthday, the withered skeleton that my father had become, died. Any belief I might have had in a good, loving God died with him.

My grief sent me on a nearly three year long search for the reality of “God” as I could understand it. What I found was the exact opposite of a loving, caring God. Having realized that, my relationship with The Deity (as I now call the Universal Power) has become far more realistic… I know The Deity doesn’t care about us at all and wants to put as many obstacles in our way as possible, to make us prove our Souls can live a proper life no matter how shitty it is.

Growing up in the Lutheran church, I was taught about a loving, generous, and caring God. I never really saw that God in my life or the world around me, but I bought the company line.

Then, when I was 24, the most decent, faithful and truly GOOD man I’ve ever known (my dad) got Cancer. Three years later, on his 54th birthday, the withered skeleton that my father had become, died. Any belief I might have had in a good, loving God died with him.

My grief sent me on a nearly three year long search for the reality of “God” as I could understand it. What I found was the exact opposite of a loving, caring God. Having realized that, my relationship with The Deity (as I now call the Universal Power) has become far more realistic… I know The Deity doesn’t care about us at all and wants to put as many obstacles in our way as possible, to make us prove our Souls can live a proper life no matter how shitty it is.
You will get the live you believe in.

I can say without a doubt that your assertion is in conflict with large amounts of what I’ve seen in my life. Especially when it came to my father.
Whatever you believe, that's what you get. It's a life principle.

My dad died a horrible death from lung cancer at 68. My mom died peacefully in her sleep but she deteriorated quickly and died at 79.

In case you didnt know, we werent given eternal life as physical beings. We all have an expatriation date.

You should learn from Job.

Whatever you believe, that's what you get. It's a life principle
My father believed in his God. I guess he got whst he wanted. It definitely was far less than he deserved.
In case you didnt know, we werent given eternal life as physical beings. We all have an expatriation date.
Are you sure of that? Are you certain you only get one shot at things? I tend to disagree.

Our reward may not be in this world, but if He’s not going to help the physical concerns of His followers, I don’t believe He can call Himself a good, caring, kind or loving God.

You should learn from Job
I won’t even touch that sack of feces book. Job was a fool.

But then you have to define love. Dies a child think their parents are "pure love" when they put limits on them? Whe a child doesnt get his or her way every time, they dont see "love"

Adults are babies all grown up (physically, anyway)
I believe it is possible we humans do not know a pure love, which is why that is not easy to define. For example, parents do love their children, but often misunderstand or cannot relate to what that unique child truly needs in a given situation. I wonder if this life isn't about teaching us to love beyond the emotion.

My father believed in his God. I guess he got whst he wanted. It definitely was far less than he deserved.

Are you sure of that? Are you certain you only get one shot at things? I tend to disagree.

Our reward may not be in this world, but if He’s not going to help the physical concerns of His followers, I don’t believe He can call Himself a good, caring, kind or loving God.

I won’t even touch that sack of feces book. Job was a fool.
You're a pretty sad soul. Hope you repent

I can say without a doubt that your assertion is in conflict with large amounts of what I’ve seen in my life. Especially when it came to my father.
At the Resurrection of the Dead, your father will be healed. He will have eternal life. Like I said, this life isnt permanent. We ALL die. It's how we live this life that determines our future in the next. You seem to WANT to be sad, pitiful and angry

At the Resurrection of the Dead, your father will be healed. He will have eternal life. Like I said, this life isnt permanent. We ALL die. It's how we live this life that determines our future in the next. You seem to WANT to be sad, pitiful and angry
I don’t believe in the Resurrection. I have come to believe in a form of limited reincarnation where many Souls are given another opportunity to prove they can get it right before being eternally condemned

My perception of God is based upon the physical, biological and moral laws of nature. I believe it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence and I believe that there must be a first cause and that that first cause must be eternal and unchanging which means beyond energy and matter.

There is no thing that can describe God because God is no thing. God is not matter and energy like us and God exists outside of our four dimension space time. In fact the premise is that God is no thing. That God is a spirit. A spirit is no thing. Being things we can't possibly relate to being no things. A two dimensional being would have an easier time trying to understand our third dimension than we - a four dimensional being - would in trying to understand a multi-dimensional being outside of our space time. The closest I can come to and later confirm with the physical laws is that God is consciousness.

I believe that Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. This is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so and imbued His creation with His attributes.

My perception of God is that God is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite intelligence, infinite wisdom, infinite knowledge, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite justice, infinite mercy, infinite kindness and infinite goodness. I am not saying God has those attributes. I am saying God is those attributes. The polar opposite of those attributes are not extant. They only exist as the negation of the attribute. And that's how I know God is good and compassionate. Because good and compassion exist.

Forum List

Back