How do I stop the pop

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Or rather, how do I stop the annoying banner /pop up that extends down on every page I navigate to? Iā€™m not super great with phones..

Or rather, how do I stop the annoying banner /pop up that extends down on every page I navigate to? Iā€™m not super great with phones..
What phone do you have?

Like an iPhone 7? I think šŸ¤£ itā€™s old Iā€™ve had it for two years and it wasnā€™t new when I got it.
  • Natively block Safari pop-ups on iPhone: Settings > Safari > Block Pop-ups <on>.
  • Download and set up an ad blocker app. Then, on iPhone: Settings > Safari > Content Blockers <on>.
  • Some free ad blockers: 1Blocker, Crystal Adblock, Norton Ad Blocker, Purify.
Be sure to shut the phone down when you enable 'block pup ups'. If it is already enabled, then disable, shut the phone down, restart and enable, shut down, restart and see if that helps.

Good question. Iā€™m a paying member and I thought that meant no banner ads. But they have been popping up on my iPhone, also. Not a catastrophe, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m getting my end of the bargain. Maybe itā€™s a recent programming mistake and correctable?

• Natively block Safari pop-ups on iPhone: Settings > Safari > Block Pop-ups <on>.
  • Download and set up an ad blocker app. Then, on iPhone: Settings > Safari > Content Blockers <on>.
  • Some free ad blockers: 1Blocker, Crystal Adblock, Norton Ad Blocker, Purify.
Be sure to shut the phone down when you enable 'block pup ups'. If it is already enabled, then disable, shut the phone down, restart and enable, shut down, restart and see if that helps.
You are the premier of the awesome.

I use my phone on this site 95% of the time and have no idea what you're seeing. I just don't have this problem.

Attachments

• CBB3E91F-F2BF-4B83-BA40-5A41240A3F66.jpeg
    CBB3E91F-F2BF-4B83-BA40-5A41240A3F66.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 32

Forum List

Back