Zone1 How Do I Help Lead a Gay Man to Repentance?

This is a friend of mine who appears to be interested in getting to know Christ, but is deeply in love with another man and also fears that Christ won't accept him especially having bad experiences in the past with Christians.

I tried explaining to him that Jesus might not love his sin, but he still loves him but he's still really unsure about it. Please keep him in your prayers as he's actually somebody in the LGBT community who is struggling and actually wanting to have a change of heart but is scared to.
I'll take "Things I won't be messing with" for $1000 please, Alex.

I'll take "Things I won't be messing with" for $1000 please, Alex.

Lol it would be different if he wanted to continue to live in his sin and not caring about it, but I think he actually does. He's just afraid that Jesus will never accept his repentance because he's gay. I find that really heartbreaking. :(

If Ding and Meriweather were here, this could have potential for a revealing discussion..

That's a really good idea as long as the church doesn't confuse acceptance with condoning.

Lol it would be different if he wanted to continue to live in his sin and not caring about it, but I think he actually does. He's just afraid that Jesus will never accept his repentance because he's gay. I find that really heartbreaking. :(
From a secular point of view on the matter, gay men spread STD's far more than any other group as they account for well over half of new AIDS cases and other STD's despite being only less than 10% of the population.

So, from a secular point of view, the lifestyle is not a healthy one.

As I understand this stuff, everyone is a sinner. Why focus on one specific sin?

There are plenty of people who hang out in churches who have some pretty ugly stuff, far worse than the gender of a person they love, for which they should repent.

I don't see folks very worried about THAT.
Because this one sin is dominating his existence right now.

How can you glibly tell him not to worry about it?

What does your friend want to do for Christ? What does your friend want from Jesus? Once one has a relationship with Jesus, things change. For example, someone did something once that I could just not forgive. My entire life had been, Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those, and forgive seventy times seven.

My prayer was that as I could not forgive, I turned it over to Jesus to handle the forgiveness until I had the strength to forgive on my own. Took years--and sometimes Jesus still has to handle a part of it, but we got there.

If this works for forgiveness, I have a strong belief it will also work for sin. Since God is great about bringing good out of evil, I am sure He can be trusted to bring good from sin.
Well said and right in sync with modernity.
You've shown that there's good to be had in ignoring the instructions of your bibles.

In fact, you've been able to reconcile the bibles contradictions, as is obviously needed in order to deal with conflicting ideologies presented in the 21st. century.

Welcome back! Our other 'true' Christian friend had succumbed to anger and insults.

This is a friend of mine who appears to be interested in getting to know Christ, but is deeply in love with another man and also fears that Christ won't accept him especially having bad experiences in the past with Christians.

I tried explaining to him that Jesus might not love his sin, but he still loves him but he's still really unsure about it. Please keep him in your prayers as he's actually somebody in the LGBT community who is struggling and actually wanting to have a change of heart but is scared to.
how do we know YOU'RE not gay? all we have is your word for it!

As I understand this stuff, everyone is a sinner. Why focus on one specific sin?

There are plenty of people who hang out in churches who have some pretty ugly stuff, far worse than the gender of a person they love, for which they should repent.
Shrugging off any sin by pointing to other sins isn't the best way for anyone to conquer the sin they wish to overcome.

How do you know it's "dominating his existence right now"?

Where did I suggest he "not worry about it?"

As usual, you folks just make it up as you go. In other words, lie. That's a sin. Repent.
According to the thread, the friend came to them asking for help

From a secular point of view on the matter, gay men spread STD's far more than any other group as they account for well over half of new AIDS cases and other STD's despite being only less than 10% of the population.

So, from a secular point of view, the lifestyle is not a healthy one.
The Catholic church condemns condoms and apparently is content with hundreds of thousands contacting AIDS.

This isn't the 19th. century!

Remind him that we don't wash up before we take a shower, and we don't have to clean up our lives before we come to Christ. God is gentle, loving, and kind, will lead his heart into repentance and even deliver him from addictions and things like that. We need to trust that God will work with a penitent heart.

The Catholic church condemns condoms and apparently is content with hundreds of thousands contacting AIDS.

This isn't the 19th. century!
If you are going to have sex that is not sanctioned by the church, but all means, where protection that is also not sanctioned by them.

That's just stupid.

But just know, the gospel is the only 100% full proof rubber that protects you.

Shrugging off any sin by pointing to other sins isn't the best way for anyone to conquer the sin they wish to overcome.
Has the Catholic church shrugged off it's responsibility to advise the use of condoms, as a compromise for the sake of it's dogma? How many millions of men, women, and children must die of AIDS?

What is this 'best way' you're trying to invent?

Can any way absolve you of responsibility?

Forum List

Back