Zone1 How Do I Help Lead a Gay Man to Repentance?

Be quiet. You've already accepted and tried to take responsibility for your mental health issues a few days ago.

(you can't spam this thread with off-topic insults without being informed on what you're trying to do)

My "mental health" issues. Spoken like a true authority on the subject.

Continue the shtick even if it harms Canada it's all about "self benefit", right?

You mean like the religious leaders who sent Jesus to the cross and murdered his prophets in the OT?
Na, just a fluke in history.
:auiqs.jpg:

Exactly! People who think the Bible is only full of lollipops and rainbows obviously never read it. It has a rainbow and some really good stuff in it, but still has lots of violence in it.

Aleister approves
d2c359fdb498ae0849fb271f38f4ee38.jpg
On the flip---if interested

It's not up to you to tell anyone to repent. Judge not and all that. If this guy is your friend you will love him no matter what and his sins are a matter for him and his god not you
Actually according to Christian doctrine it is. Matthew 28: 16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

"Judge Not" means it's not set upon the individual Christians to pass sentence on sinners. In other words, Jesus said for the person who was without sin to cast the first stone at the adulterous woman. So "Judge Not" means not to be the ones providing the judgement/punishment. It does not mean not to discern wright and wrong. It also doesn't mean to condone sin.

All that said, If you don't believe Christ is the savior... then all the above means nothing. However, if you know someone who does believe in Christ the savior, wouldn't you expect that he would tell you about Christ at least once rather than risk that you be damned to eternal hell without Christ, without being a believer? Otherwise that Christian is showing the he doesn't give a shit about you burning in hell. Of course he may very well be wrong about all that, but if he truly believes it.............

Actually according to Christian doctrine it is. Matthew 28: 16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

"Judge Not" means it's not set upon the individual Christians to pass sentence on sinners. In other words, Jesus said for the person who was without sin to cast the first stone at the adulterous woman. So "Judge Not" means not to be the ones providing the judgement/punishment. It does not mean not to discern wright and wrong. It also doesn't mean to condone sin.

All that said, If you don't believe Christ is the savior... then all the above means nothing. However, if you know someone who does believe in Christ the savior, wouldn't you expect that he would tell you about Christ at least once rather than risk that you be damned to eternal hell without Christ, without being a believer? Otherwise that Christian is showing the he doesn't give a shit about you burning in hell. Of course he may very well be wrong about all that, but if he truly believes it.............

So the OP is one of the 11 disciples?

This is a friend of mine who appears to be interested in getting to know Christ, but is deeply in love with another man and also fears that Christ won't accept him especially having bad experiences in the past with Christians.

I tried explaining to him that Jesus might not love his sin, but he still loves him but he's still really unsure about it. Please keep him in your prayers as he's actually somebody in the LGBT community who is struggling and actually wanting to have a change of heart but is scared to.

Oh brother. What arrogance.

Well said and right in sync with modernity.
You've shown that there's good to be had in ignoring the instructions of your bibles.

In fact, you've been able to reconcile the bibles contradictions, as is obviously needed in order to deal with conflicting ideologies presented in the 21st. century.

Welcome back! Our other 'true' Christian friend had succumbed to anger and insults.
We must be reading different bibles because I don't see any instructions that would cover this subject in the Bible. Maybe what you meant to say was "there's good to be had in ignoring Donald's interpretation of the instructions of the bible."

Same goes for your use of the phrase "contradictions." The contradictions are an artifact of Donald's faulty interpretation.

The "illegitimate" condescension that you intend for evil, is being used for good by God. Just thought you should know that.

Has the Catholic church shrugged off it's responsibility to advise the use of condoms, as a compromise for the sake of it's dogma? How many millions of men, women, and children must die of AIDS?

What is this 'best way' you're trying to invent?

Can any way absolve you of responsibility?
You are an antagonistic little shit, aren't you?

No, but they were told to make more disciples to carry on making more disciples, etc. But I think you already understood that.
So who are these disciples ? Are they what we now call priests ? The OP didn't say he was a priest.

This is a friend of mine who appears to be interested in getting to know Christ, but is deeply in love with another man and also fears that Christ won't accept him especially having bad experiences in the past with Christians.

I tried explaining to him that Jesus might not love his sin, but he still loves him but he's still really unsure about it. Please keep him in your prayers as he's actually somebody in the LGBT community who is struggling and actually wanting to have a change of heart but is scared to.
Which of the 10 commandments does his being gay violate?

Maybe if your religion would stop damning him for being who he is.

They are Christians, followers of Christ.
So ALL Christians are empowered by their churches to speak for their god, offer salvation, absolution or whatever else? I find that hard to believe since most Christians haven't read the entire bible never mind studied and mastered the word of their god.

So ALL Christians are empowered by their churches to speak for their god, offer salvation, absolution or whatever else? I find that hard to believe since most Christians haven't read the entire bible never mind studied and mastered the word of their god.

Lots of hubris in writing about getting a gay man to repent or one's personal strategy to convert others

I am somewhat knowledgeable from a protestant, more specifically Southern Baptist stance on your question. All Christians are empowered to tell others about his own conversion experience. Salvation, absolution or whatever comes from Christ not All Christians. It's the individual Christian's responsibility to spread the message.

The message: All people are sinners. Sin separates us from God. The punishment for sin is death/Hell...not heaven with God The Father. God sent his Son, Jesus to be born of the flesh, to live a perfect life and to die on the Cross and to rise again to take our punishment, in other words to take on our sin dept. To be saved (become a Christian) one must pray and repent of his sins and pray for salvation based on Jesus dying on the cross and rising from the dead.

I think you would be hard pressed to find many Christians including ordained ministers that claim to have mastered the word of God.

I am somewhat knowledgeable from a protestant, more specifically Southern Baptist stance on your question. All Christians are empowered to tell others about his own conversion experience. Salvation, absolution or whatever comes from Christ not All Christians. It's the individual Christian's responsibility to spread the message.

The message: All people are sinners. Sin separates us from God. The punishment for sin is death/Hell...not heaven with God The Father. God sent his Son, Jesus to be born of the flesh, to live a perfect life and to die on the Cross and to rise again to take our punishment, in other words to take on our sin dept. To be saved (become a Christian) one must pray and repent of his sins and pray for salvation based on Jesus dying on the cross and rising from the dead.

I think you would be hard pressed to find many Christians including ordained ministers that claim to have mastered the word of God.
So now you move the goalposts.

Telling someone about your religion and leading them to repentance or anywhere else are 2 entirely different things

Forum List

Back