How did we get here?

Business wants the cheap labor and the 1.5 billion people market. Tariffs do not change that.
So you are okay with our businesses using their cheap labor at the expense of US jobs?

It's like I've been talking to a wall. Up is down and down is up.

Businesses want their 1.5 billion people market. I suppose so, but at what cost? Why would Chinese pay more for US made goods? If those US goods are actually made in China, why would they bother with the US company to begin with, they can make it on their own.

Make it on their own. We have nothing to do or say do anything about that.

Then of course there is the fact that any business trying to sell their product in China must adhere to Chinese Communist censorship. Like media and entertainment, all have to kiss China’s ass, and impose the censorship of the CCP in order to be allowed in China. Like the NBA, where NBA owners and players are not allowed to criticize the CCP crackdown in Hong Kong, or to support pro-democracy protests. Of course only Mao ass-kissers on the left would support that.

China, China, China. China can do whatever they damn well please in their markets. Your worthless rants are meaningless. Tariffs changed none of that. Trump changed nothing.

And still you refuse to condemn any American business outside of the NBA. It's not hard to read into that.
In other words you’ve got no argument. “China can do whatever it wants”, umm yea, that doesn’t mean we have to do whatever they want.

In their country we do.

“Tariffs changed nothing”. Tariffs protect manufacturing and encourage domestic manufacturing. It’s a fact, that’s why China uses them, that’s why the EU uses them against the US. If they “change nothing” then why do other countries use them? How exactly did President Trump bring half a million manufacturing jobs back to the US?

You have no answer, no retarded leftwinger here has ever answered that question.

Hardly a left wing opinion.

How China won Trump's trade war and got Americans to foot the bill
Your article doesn’t address what I asked, why does China and the EU use tariffs if they “don’t work”. It’s another opinion piece by pro-Chinese business people who like using cheap Chinese slave labor.

What Trump did was enact Tariffs and lose interest. He has the mind of a 9 year old. That's the way they act.

P.S. Trump used cheap Chinese labor. Melania used cheap Chinese labor.

Before we move forward we need to take a minute to figure out how we have ended up here. And the truth is. Everybody is sort of right. And everyone is sort of wrong.

Trump was elected because people in enough states agreed that the Status Quo was fucked. We knew there were problems not addressed by Washington. We knew there were issues with Departments doing things they shouldn’t. And we thought Trump saw this too. And let’s face it. Hillary was a terrible candidate.

So what went wrong? A little truth does not mean every extension and extreme variation is true. And what was worse was Trump did nothing to fix any of the problems. His fanboys blamed the Deep State. Imaginary enemies. The real enemy of Trump was Trump.

The truth is nobody is ready on day one. No President hits the ground on day one ready to do the job. There is a learning curve. And it is steep.

The first thing you have to learn is to listen to your advisors. Hire good ones and listen. Get people who are experienced in their fields. Being in charge does not mean you need to know more than anyone else. It means you are willing to listen. Make decisions. And seek responsibility for those decisions.

You do not need to do what the advisors say. But you do need to listen and consider. Here Trump screwed up. He did not like anyone who disagreed with him. And that is a problem.

The next thing you have to realize is that your communications people are responsible for getting your message out there. Let’s discuss how that works. A position on an issue is decided. The staff hold meetings. Lawyers are consulted to make sure the position is legal or justifiable. Experts are consulted to insure there is a foundation for the position.

As your Press Secretary goes out to announce this position, you get on Twitter and announce you are doing the exact opposite.

Trump had Brain Storms. Brain Waves. And when he had one he tweeted about it. And then he is angry and so are you when all the people consulted disagree and point out it is wrong.

Now. A smart person would have learned by March of 2016 that you needed to dump Twitter. A moderately intelligent person would have figured it out a few months later. Not Trump. He stayed with it despite the perpetual disaster it led to.

It want beautiful. It wasn’t fantastic. And the only thing huge was the groans by people who wished he would get off of Twitter.

Chasing a rabbit. I still think it should be called a Twit. A Runner runs. A baker bakes. Therefor a Twitter twits.

Next problem. Propaganda. Both sides did it. They set up the election where only by cheating could they possibly lose. It is a contest. And in every contest things end up in unpredictable situations and results.

Now even longtime Republicans are horrified at what has resulted. The siege of the Capital has shocked the nation. The Fanboys double down on the Propaganda. It is all the left. It is all ANTIFA. It is BLM. It is everyone except the RW loons photographed and recorded doing the activity. They were duped. Deceived by those clever ANTIFA folks. They were just going along.

Trump was never a savior. He was right. There were and are problems in Washington. He just wasn’t the one to fix it. Biden isn’t either.

Now the nuts are being rounded up. And perhaps we managed to dodge the bullet this time. But folks. Be a little more cynical. Doubt those who seem to be reinforcing your ideals. Chances are you are both nuttier than a Fruitcake in May
Leftism cannot take a loss, so they riot and destroy things until they intimidate their way into power

There are many things that have brought us to this point. Ultimately, we have only ourselves to blame though. We vote these people in do not hold them accountable. They become brazen in their corruption and take total power by any and all means. Eventually, one party is able to grab the pendulum and keep it from swinging back. This is where we are. That pendulum aint swinging back. This is when the purge, ideologies clash because the gulf is too wide.

I’m asking you not the germans

I'm telling you. I'm not going to write policy. Germany has done it. Japan has done it. They have protected their jobs.
And when Trump wanted to do that, you booed.

He never wanted to do it. Trump was never going to address the business side.

Trump changed nothing.
I think he did

before trump china got nothing but adoring treatment in America

“Whats not to like about china?,” globalists asked

now you complain about so much criticism of china

You still can not condemn corporations.
Why not?
The essence of a corporation is profit.

It's a race to the bottom. When the corporations strive for profit and nothing else they take the jobs to China. People here then have no jobs. Where does that end up?
Electing Trump who publicly called them out on it.

Big deal. Obama called out the big banks but electing him did nothing for the problem.

Trump changed nothing.
I think he did

Why not?

It's a race to the bottom. When the corporations strive for profit and nothing else they take the jobs to China. People here then have no jobs. Where does that end up?

Big deal. Obama called out the big banks but electing him did nothing for the problem.
GW rendered millions of people unemployed and under employed.
These people were being ridiculed by RWers.
Trump gave these people self-esteem by exposing that the RWers were causing them to lose their jobs and careers.

Trump changed nothing.
I think he did

Why not?

Trump gave these people self-esteem by exposing that the RWers were causing them to lose their jobs and careers.

In some cases Trump noted the problems. He did nothing about those problems. There is a very large segment of the electorate that falls for this. As long as you say the right thing they will vote for you. It matters none when you do not do it.

As I noted, Obama was this same way with the bankers. Millions will still excuse Obama's complete failures here.

Trump changed nothing.
I think he did

Why not?

In some cases Trump noted the problems. He did nothing about those problems. There is a very large segment of the electorate that falls for this. As long as you say the right thing they will vote for you. It matters none when you do not do it.

As I noted, Obama was this same way with the bankers. Millions will still excuse Obama's complete failures here.
Congress depends on contributions; there is no way 30 years of layer upon layer of anti-US legislation will be wept away by Congress.
On the other hand, the cat's out of the bag, whether or not we can do anything about it.

You sound like the kind of person who won't report a crime because the getaway vehicle is already gone.

Business wants the cheap labor and the 1.5 billion people market. Tariffs do not change that.
So you are okay with our businesses using their cheap labor at the expense of US jobs?

Businesses want their 1.5 billion people market. I suppose so, but at what cost? Why would Chinese pay more for US made goods? If those US goods are actually made in China, why would they bother with the US company to begin with, they can make it on their own.

Then of course there is the fact that any business trying to sell their product in China must adhere to Chinese Communist censorship. Like media and entertainment, all have to kiss China’s ass, and impose the censorship of the CCP in order to be allowed in China. Like the NBA, where NBA owners and players are not allowed to criticize the CCP crackdown in Hong Kong, or to support pro-democracy protests. Of course only Mao ass-kissers on the left would support that.

China, China, China. China can do whatever they damn well please in their markets. Your worthless rants are meaningless. Tariffs changed none of that. Trump changed nothing.

And still you refuse to condemn any American business outside of the NBA. It's not hard to read into that.
In other words you’ve got no argument. “China can do whatever it wants”, umm yea, that doesn’t mean we have to do whatever they want.

In their country we do.

“Tariffs changed nothing”. Tariffs protect manufacturing and encourage domestic manufacturing. It’s a fact, that’s why China uses them, that’s why the EU uses them against the US. If they “change nothing” then why do other countries use them? How exactly did President Trump bring half a million manufacturing jobs back to the US?

You have no answer, no retarded leftwinger here has ever answered that question.

Your article doesn’t address what I asked, why does China and the EU use tariffs if they “don’t work”. It’s another opinion piece by pro-Chinese business people who like using cheap Chinese slave labor.

What Trump did was enact Tariffs and lose interest. He has the mind of a 9 year old. That's the way they act.

Still can’t answer the question.

All you can do is regurgitate the same BS all lefties say. “But Drumpf used China to make ties”. Umm yea, he was a businessman working within the rules set up by our government for the last fifty years. Most companies have to use Chinese manufacturing to even have a chance of competing, so they do it because they have to, not because they want to. If President Trump liked using Chinese labor, why would he raise tariffs? This is inconsistent, and yet another thing you cannot explain.

Trump changed nothing.
I think he did

Why not?

Congress depends on contributions; there is no way 30 years of layer upon layer of anti-US legislation will be wept away by Congress.
On the other hand, the cat's out of the bag, whether or not we can do anything about it.

You sound like the kind of person who won't report a crime because the getaway vehicle is already gone.

I won't report a crime because there are too many that can get away with crimes. I support a fair and equal justice system. Some get away, all get away.

Congress does what it does BECAUSE we keep on electing them.

Trump changed nothing.
I think he did

Why not?

I won't report a crime because there are too many that can get away with crimes. I support a fair and equal justice system. Some get away, all get away.

Who should we elect?
No one, except Trump, making millions in business, is going to stop making money and run for office unless they use the office to perpetrate the mechanism to make even more money.

Sometimes those votes aren't always for a candidate, but against the other candidate,

For many years I had voted based on the issues and whether I thought the candidate would be a good leader in times of trouble and would also take into consideration of the VP pick......regardless of party affiliation. That all started to change after Clinton.....who at the time I had voted for both times. I was less concerned about what he did in his personal time than I was about what he did on the national stage.

I voted for Bush Jr the first time, but against his competition the second term. And the same goes for Obama.

In 2016, I was hoping the choices would have been anyone else from either side, but one thing was for certain I would NOT vote for Hillary, come h*ll or high water. Did not like her one bit and that went back to when they left the WH and she wanted to take the furnishings because they were broke.....uuuuuhhhh NO, you don't do that, they are not yours but the peoples.

My other choice would either to stay home or vote Trump but I got sucked into the MSM polls saying she was ahead by a landslide....so I figured I couldn't stay home & not vote at all which was my preference.. It was too important of an election to sit back and let others decide, even though my one vote wouldn't make a difference, I had to atleast put in my 2 cents and ended up holding my nose to vote Trump, against her. Ultimately, I'm not sorry I did.

While I can't really stand the man, don't agree with alot of his antics and wish he would just shut the f*ck up, I do appreciate alot of what he has done for this country that the Dems and lefties and MSM have either completely ignored or twisted to fit their own narrative, yet flat refuse to acknowledge any part in it. Their hypocrisy has been an eye opener and same goes for Republican politicians.

Our government system is no longer controlled by the people, but the people are controlled by the government and that has probably been happening for many years, I just hadn't seen it or been willing to admit it until now (last 4 years)

'How did we get here'???? We, as in all of us, let it happen by trusting those in government to represent the people, when in fact they were playing their own games to deceive us for their own gains with no thought to the people, the Constitution, or the Country.

Politicians know many do this. They understand that they can lie, cheat and steal and fail miserably as long as they can convince people they haven't failed as bad as he other side.

That's not how we should vote. The lesser evil is still evil.

True enough..........but the stay home alternative isn't a better option in most cases either

There are always alternatives. Do you not think the Jill Stein vote sent a message? Democrats while not doing the right thing at least didn't try and bring Hillary back.
Stein???? Or MIckey Mouse was just throwing that vote out the window and a waste of the paper that ballot was printed on

In their country we do.

All you can do is regurgitate the same BS all lefties say. “But Drumpf used China to make ties”. Umm yea, he was a businessman working within the rules set up by our government for the last fifty years. Most companies have to use Chinese manufacturing to even have a chance of competing, so they do it because they have to, not because they want to. If President Trump liked using Chinese labor, why would he raise tariffs? This is inconsistent, and yet another thing you cannot explain.

No they do not have to. They do so because the profit is higher and that's all that counts now.

He enacted tariffs because he was totally incapable of doing anything else. His attention span is that of a 9 year old.

Trump changed nothing.
I think he did

Why not?

Who should we elect?
No one, except Trump, making millions in business, is going to stop making money and run for office unless they use the office to perpetrate the mechanism to make even more money.

Throw them out. Maybe the next guy is as bad. Throw them out. When we know they are bad we elect them anyway. Don't bitch to me, I'm not the one doing this.

In their country we do.

No they do not have to. They do so because the profit is higher and that's all that counts now.

He enacted tariffs because he was totally incapable of doing anything else. His attention span is that of a 9 year old.
The only mechanism available is tariffs.
I'm surprised you don't know that.

So your whole argument boils down to “Orange Man is a child”.

So I guess China is acting like a 9 year old child, as well as the EU.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what TDS does to people.

Trump did the billions in socialism for the corporate farms.

Which in turn had created alot of jobs for the people in that trickle down effect.....but what did the Dems do??? They fund our enemies.

Worthless statement. The argument is that was socialism. Support it all you want just don't pretend it's not socialism.

Don't pretend it isn't socialism for our enemies either.......that goes both ways ya know. The money the Dems porked into our Cares Act and relief to the American people included more trillions to other countries like Pakistan for gender studies, just to name one....... Tell us all how that is helping this country???

I would have rather they kept the money and skipped the stimulus payments to anyone and just opened the damn country so people could get back to work.........and yes this covid mess is the closest we've ever been to full socialism and that wasn't from Trump

Just when you think pknopp is getting it, he drops the ball.

Were you able to counter my argument that Trump enacted tariffs and lost interest? That after that China engaged with other countries and enacted new alliances?

With the tariffs accomplishing what?

Farm Bankruptcies Rise Again

Trump did the billions in socialism for the corporate farms.

Which in turn had created alot of jobs for the people in that trickle down effect.....but what did the Dems do??? They fund our enemies.

Worthless statement. The argument is that was socialism. Support it all you want just don't pretend it's not socialism.

Don't pretend it isn't socialism for our enemies either.......that goes both ways ya know. The money the Dems porked into our Cares Act and relief to the American people included more trillions to other countries like Pakistan for gender studies, just to name one....... Tell us all how that is helping this country???

I would have rather they kept the money and skipped the stimulus payments to anyone and just opened the damn country so people could get back to work.........and yes this covid mess is the closest we've ever been to full socialism and that wasn't from Trump

I'm NOT the one arguing that Socialism isnt' Socialism.

Forum List

Back