How Covid Has Changed Our Daily Lives

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
There has been so much written about Covid, all the deaths, the battle over vaccines, government subsidies, the politics, the science, etc, etc. But what about the changes in our daily lives. Here are a couple to get us started.

A friend of my wife is married has two kids, lives in an apartment with a rent of $1200 a month. During the epidemic the family has been able to keep their jobs, pay their rent, and other expenses. Last week they got a notice from their landlord that their rent was going up to $2100 a month starting next month, a $900 a month increase. The landlord told them there has been so many people not paying their rent that he has no choice. The rules on eviction has changed due to covid so that it is almost impossible to evict anyone. In spite of the stupidly of this, they are faced with finding a new apartment or paying the rent increase. Since they don't want to ruin their credit by not paying their rent, they will be looking for a new home.

The wife was fixing a big Italian meal for the family so I decided to get a couple of bottles of Chianti. So I went to a large supermarket where there was a large wine selection. Usually they had someone in the department to help customers since they had thousands of bottles of wine. There was nobody so after 15 mins of looking, I went to the service desk and ask for help. I was told they no longer had a wine steward but they had a guy that could help. While I waited she asked what I was looking for and when I told her she ask the cashier if she had ever heard of something called Chianti. He ask what is it? Finally the guy that was to help me arrived and explained that he was new and didn't know where the wine dept. was and had no idea what Chianti was and pointed to a sign.
"We are sorry for the inconvenience but have lost most of our long term employees and we are running on a skeleton staff. Please be kind to them and be thankful they showed up to work."

Later that day, the wife gave me a shopping list for the big dinner. It had 15 items on it. I found no pork chops so I got Chicken, no romaine lettuce so I got a bag of something green, no graded cheese so I got block cheese, no buttermilk, so I found it after going to 3 stores. By the time I was done, I was ready for frozen dinners. This reminds me of what it was like in WWII on the Homefront.

Last edited:
This reminds me of what it was like in WWII on the Homefront.
That's a situation outside the experience of most these days. Unfortunately, since this chaos is scripted and intentional, it only gets worse from here, until their goals are met. Whatever those goals turn out to be. I'm just glad we installed a manual well pump a few years back.

Can not go to the big malls so much LOL....no problem....get things online... :)

But never on Amazon though...I don't use Amazon. I don't help Globalists.

There has been so much written about Covid, all the deaths, the battle over vaccines, government subsidies, the politics, the science, etc, etc. But what about the changes in our daily lives. Here are a couple to get us started.

A friend of my wife is married has two kids, lives in an apartment with a rent of $1200 a month. During the epidemic the family has been able to keep their jobs, pay their rent, and other expenses. Last week they got a notice from their landlord that their rent was going up to $2100 a month starting next month, a $900 a month increase. The landlord told them there has been so many people not paying their rent that he has no choice. The rules on eviction has changed due to covid so that it is almost impossible to evict anyone. In spite of the stupidly of this, they are faced with finding a new apartment or paying the rent increase since they don't want to ruin their credit by not paying their rent.
Odd... A friend of mine back home is going through the eviction process right now... Depending on the hearing "verdict", she will have five days to vacate.
The wife was fixing a big Italian meal for the family so I decided to get a couple of bottles of Chianti. So I went to a large supermarket where there was a large wine selection. Usually they had someone in the department to help customers since they had thousands of bottles of wine. There was nobody so after 15 mins looking at went to the service desk and ask for help. I was told they no longer had a wine steward but they had a guy that could help. While I waited she asked what I was looking for and went I told her she ask the cashier if she had ever heard of something called Chianti. He ask what is it? Finally the guy that was to help me arrived and explained that he was new and didn't know where the wine dept. was and had no idea what Chianti was and pointed to a sign.
"We are sorry for the inconvenience but have lost most of our long term employees and we are running on a skeleton staff. Please be kind to them and be thankful they showed up to work."
I was looking for some Merlot once for a recipe my late spouse was cooking. I knew I was in trouble when the guy at the super market called it "Mer-LOT" (rhymes with bot)... LOL.
Later that day, the wife gave me a shopping list for the big dinner. It had 15 items on it. I found no pork chops so I got Chicken, no romaine lettuce so I got a bag of something green, no graded cheese so I got block cheese, no buttermilk, so I found it after going to 3 stores. By the time I was done, I was ready for frozen dinners. This reminds me of what it was like in WWII on the Homefront.
Odd...again, I didn't have any trouble finding obscure items for Thanksgiving much less the "meat and potatoes" I have nightly. The other day we had sauteed mushrooms with roasted broccoli and chicken thighs.... home made blueberry cobbler for dessert. Dinner tonight was steamed shrimp over three types of greens and diced tomatoes. I hit it with a little lemon juice and it sparkled.

----

As for the changes in day-to-day life... I don't mean to make too much of it--and maybe I'm not--but when 40% of the nation refuses to take a lifesaving vaccine for political reasons anyone who looks at it soberly cannot hold out much hope for the nation. This on top of all of the volumes of misinformation and outright disinformation willfully broadcasted over platforms like this.
On one hand, I guess we should be thankful that some of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories have lost traction...

1641352846825.png

On the other hand, one would think that the consistently duped idiots who buy into these theories would wise up.

That's a situation outside the experience of most these days. Unfortunately, since this chaos is scripted and intentional, it only gets worse from here, until their goals are met. Whatever those goals turn out to be. I'm just glad we installed a manual well pump a few years back.
I went out shopping the other day. . . that sort of stuff is starting to ripple up through here too. No chicken in these parts.

Lettuce isn't around either.

I find it ironic that a board leftist is complaining about economic controls by technocrats which have caused all this. . .

:rolleyes:

602j5j.jpg

THEIR Goals are To Destroy the Working Class and Make us their Servants..
Totally Dependent upon THEM

Odd... A friend of mine back home is going through the eviction process right now... Depending on the hearing "verdict", she will have five days to vacate.

I was looking for some Merlot once for a recipe my late spouse was cooking. I knew I was in trouble when the guy at the super market called it "Mer-LOT" (rhymes with bot)... LOL.

Odd...again, I didn't have any trouble finding obscure items for Thanksgiving much less the "meat and potatoes" I have nightly. The other day we had sauteed mushrooms with roasted broccoli and chicken thighs.... home made blueberry cobbler for dessert. Dinner tonight was steamed shrimp over three types of greens and diced tomatoes. I hit it with a little lemon juice and it sparkled.

----

As for the changes in day-to-day life... I don't mean to make too much of it--and maybe I'm not--but when 40% of the nation refuses to take a lifesaving vaccine for political reasons anyone who looks at it soberly cannot hold out much hope for the nation. This on top of all of the volumes of misinformation and outright disinformation willfully broadcasted over platforms like this.
On one hand, I guess we should be thankful that some of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories have lost traction...

View attachment 583695

On the other hand, one would think that the consistently duped idiots who buy into these theories would wise up.
I have always believe the reason to get people vaccinated is not to save lives but to save our way of life. If we don't get enough people vaccinated, there will be another variant, maybe worst, and the current situation gets worst.

Don't know about all of you but I'm tired of this shit, not being able to find the goods we need, getting kids in school and not distance learning, and most of all the never ending news of more cases, more deaths, and more restrictions.

Please get vaccinated and end this thing now.

I have always believe the reason to get people vaccinated is not to save lives but to save our way of life. If we don't get enough people vaccinated, there will be another variant, maybe worst, and the current situation gets worst.

Don't know about all of you but I'm tired of this shit, not being able to find the goods we need, getting kids in school and not distance learning, and most of all the never ending news of more cases, more deaths, and more restrictions.

Seems like an easy and level-headed request.

Again, the virus will kill those who are not vaccinated...as many develop co-morbidities while not being vaccinated. I heard one story of an otherwise healthy father of two who died from covid. He broke his leg in an accident and was laid up in bed. He contracted pneumonia and covid. Had he taken 10 minutes to get two vaccine doses, two kids would still (more than likely) have their father.
As tragic as this is, the larger question is what it says about us as a people. Ten/twenty years ago, I would have never thought twice about the national response to someone, for example, invading Washington State. Today? I would bet that many on the right would shrug their shoulders because it's been a dependable blue state.

You are being lied to.

Since these, "vaccines," are notoriously leaky, and do not stop the spread, THEY are what is leading to mutations. This last mutation? Was in the spike protein, it was caused in a vaccinated person. . . as was probably the last one.

Leaky vaccines promote the transmission of more virulent virus​

‘Leaky’ Vaccines Can Produce Stronger Versions of Viruses​

By studying chickens, researchers say they have proven the theory that more virulent viruses can evolve from so-called “leaky” vaccines.

Get the vaccine, get the vaccine. Know what, It does not protect you so much:

Here´s what you get for being good sheeple:

See here Fauci denying you other vaccines, by praising the existing ones in the US:

And finally, listen, see how this vaccine works out:
"A two-shot course of Pfizer Inc.’s vaccine may have just 22.5% efficacy against symptomatic infection with the omicron variant, but can thwart severe disease, according to laboratory experiments in South Africa."

No, it is not over.

A friend of my wife is married has two kids, lives in an apartment with a rent of $1200 a month. During the epidemic the family has been able to keep their jobs, pay their rent, and other expenses. Last week they got a notice from their landlord that their rent was going up to $2100 a month starting next month, a $900 a month increase. The landlord told them there has been so many people not paying their rent that he has no choice. The rules on eviction has changed due to covid so that it is almost impossible to evict anyone. In spite of the stupidly of this, they are faced with finding a new apartment or paying the rent increase. Since they don't want to ruin their credit by not paying their rent, they will be looking for a new home.

The wife was fixing a big Italian meal for the family so I decided to get a couple of bottles of Chianti. So I went to a large supermarket where there was a large wine selection. Usually they had someone in the department to help customers since they had thousands of bottles of wine. There was nobody so after 15 mins of looking, I went to the service desk and ask for help. I was told they no longer had a wine steward but they had a guy that could help. While I waited she asked what I was looking for and when I told her she ask the cashier if she had ever heard of something called Chianti. He ask what is it? Finally the guy that was to help me arrived and explained that he was new and didn't know where the wine dept. was and had no idea what Chianti was and pointed to a sign.

Is your friend's lease running up and being renewed next month? If not, he'll want to check his copy of the lease to verify that his landlord has the right to raise the rent in the middle of a lease.

My husband and I stopped at an IHOP for dinner the other evening on our way out to take care of some errands, and noticed that the server - who was basically the only employee in the dining area - seemed to be moving rather slow and low-energy. He was doing everything correctly as he was supposed to; he just seemed remarkably . . . well, I would have pegged it as lazy and uninterested. Then we were chatting with him for a bit - there were only a couple of customers at the time besides us - and he mentioned in passing that he had a health condition and hadn't been feeling well that day, but had come in because the IHOP was already shorthanded and he didn't want to leave them in the lurch.

In a time when millions of people don't want to show up to work at all, we were impressed to find someone with any sense of responsibility toward his job. We gave him a big tip.

Forum List

Back