How come no mention of the fall of the Temple in A.D. 70 in the NT?

No, but it should be plural.
Just like "Krogers" and "Meijers"
The whore of babylon is "queen" isabella of Spain (amongst others)
It's the Catholic Church who prostitutes herself to every pagan religion and adopted their paganism "for Christ" Christmas and Easter are jut two of MANY examples

Replacing God's Sabbath with pagan Sunday is another

you seem to confuse religion with architecture

King Hiram helped build Solomon's temple and the temples are older in Lebanon.

Phoenician Design of King Solomon's Temple
Construction of palaces and temple for Kings David and Solomon of Judah-Israel by the Phoenician King Hiram of Tyre. The Phoenician king Hiram of Tyre was born in 989 BC. He ruled from 970-936 BC. He established friendly relations with David and his son Solomon, kings of the combined kingdoms of Judah and Israel.

Last edited:
Just like "Krogers" and "Meijers"

It's the Catholic Church who prostitutes herself to every pagan religion and adopted their paganism "for Christ" Christmas and Easter are jut two of MANY examples

The old testament prophets are not talking about the Catholic Church.. You've never read the Bible , have you?

The old testament prophets are not talking about the Catholic Church.. You've never read the Bible , have you?
I read the bible (tanach) and the thing called the "new testament" and the other thing called the "koran" and the "ramayana" the "bhagavad gita" and as much of BEOWULF as I could tolerate.
I even read most of the writings of Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe.
I have noticed, over the years, that people of limited intellect
just DO NOT GET IT. "Classical" writings MYSTIFY them----especially
the issue of poetic imagery.

I read the bible (tanach) and the thing called the "new testament" and the other thing called the "koran" and the "ramayana" the "bhagavad gita" and as much of BEOWULF as I could tolerate.

Israel as harlot is a constant theme in the OT.

Bible Verses about Israel as Prostitute - CGG

Bible Verses about Israel as Prostitute. Ezekiel 16:15-63. “But you trusted in your own beauty, played the harlot because of your fame, and poured out your harlotry on everyone passing by who would have it. You took some of your garments and adorned multicolored high places for yourself, and played the harlot on them.

What the Bible says about Harlot, Israel as

Pride goeth before your fall

Israel as harlot is a constant theme in the OT.

Bible Verses about Israel as Prostitute - CGG

Bible Verses about Israel as Prostitute. Ezekiel 16:15-63. “But you trusted in your own beauty, played the harlot because of your fame, and poured out your harlotry on everyone passing by who would have it. You took some of your garments and adorned multicolored high places for yourself, and played the harlot on them.

What the Bible says about Harlot, Israel as
seems that way to you-----just like an islamo-nazi pig sees a jew
HIDING BEHIND EVERY TALKING ROCK AND TREE. It's the
poetry of your childhood.

seems that way to you-----just like an islamo-nazi pig sees a jew
HIDING BEHIND EVERY TALKING ROCK AND TREE. It's the
poetry of your childhood.

Nope. We were big on Robert Louis Stevenson.

What a miserable childhood you must have had.

No. Because you are so full of hatred and vicious language.
opinionated value judgement ^^^^^ If you wish to claim
that you never heard or knew about the "christ killer" slur---
feel free to make a fool of yourself

"Is the phrase "BABYLON IS HEAVEN AND EARTH" supposed to make sense to anyone?"

irosie - it only makes sense to THE ELECT

Anyone NOT OF THE ELECT should leave this thread now!
If you want to know the meaning of something recorded in the Holy Scriptures simply reference the Holy Scriptures. The terms "Heaven and Earth.........New Heaven and New Earth" are both found in reference in other sections of scripture and they are self explained.

In the Old Testament record Heaven an Earth refer to the powers that controlled the earth and religious faith. Babylon was a very powerful seat of government control. In Matthew 24:29 Jesus is using Symbolic Language in describing how the seat of government would fall.......like stars from the sky. Babylon is simply historical reference of a seat of power. Read the passage.....does anyone really believe that the moon has its own source of lighting, or the stars visible in the skies/heavens were fixed upon a canopy and can fall from the heavens (its clearly referencing a shooting star in comparison of how a nation ceases power and control and burns out just as fast as it was created).

In scriptures.......passages that present the symbolic language concerning a NEW HEAVEN and A NEW EARTH are referring to a CHANGE from the status quo.......new nations would rise up, new religious leaders would rise up....etc.

Reference the language in the Old Testament, "For behold I create new heavens and a new earth; AND THE FORMER SHALL NOT BE REMEMBERED OR COME TO MIND......." -- Isa. 65:17 Meaning God will create changes......... this symbolism is used throughout the Old Prophecies in referring to Israel's return from capacity........and the coming new Covenant that will be introduced by the Messiah.

Another passage, "For the new heaven and the new earth, WHICH I WILL MAKE SHALL REMAIN BEFORE ME.........." -- Isa. 66:22

In Mathew 24 Jesus is addressing the fall of Biblical Israel and the rise of a new nation that will be loyal to God. Jesus is warning the Hierarchy that their nation and seat of power would be taken from them in that very generation and given to another. (Matt. 21:43), "Therefore I say unto you
Is the phrase "BABYLON IS HEAVEN AND EARTH" supposed to make sense to anyone?
When attempting to define a passage found in scripture.....especially a passage that is "symbolic" in nature, refer to the scriptures where that phrase is used and self defined.

Heaven and Earth.........a New Heaven and a New Earth are phrases used several times in scripture in defining the current authoritative system at any point in time/history. At the time of when Babylon is being referenced it simply means that Babylon was a great source of control because of the power and wealth possessed by Babylon....i.e., at that time BABYLON was Heaven and Earth (it established the rules and enforced them by its power). In relation to this the scriptures are declaring that there would be a change and Babylon (the current government system) would cease being such an authority Rome's armies would surround the city of Jerusalem like birds of prey and scavenger birds. Rome would help destroy the current system and make room for a "new heaven and a new earth: authority".........that authority would be the new covenant of prophecy as described in Jer. 31:31-34

In fact Jesus had just warned the Jewish Hierarchy that they would lose their claim to the Kingdom of God to another nation, "Therefore I say unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." -- Matt. 21:43

In the book of Revelation such symbolism is addressing the conflict between God/Heaven and Satan/earth and his demons. After which there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth.......the battle is a continuing battle between good and evil........as the Kingdom of God continues to grow, it now makes up over 1/3 the world's population.

New Heaven and a New Earth scriptural references that self define as meaning the current system of authority being replaced by a new authoritative system. (Isa. 65:17) Paul quotes (Isa. 65:1-2) from this Old Testament passage and defines and applies it to the present age. Christ stated that Isa. 61:1-2 had been fulfilled (Luke 4:16-21)

A New Heaven (began when Jesus was granted all authority from the Father in Heaven and on Earth Matt. 28:18)......the NEW EARTH? "There is neither Greek nor Jew, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." The Old Testament Covenant was fulfilled and Replaced by the New Testament of Grace as in prophecy (Jer. 31:31-34). A New Heaven and a New Earth.

by your method ^^^^ you get the Roman interpretation of
language that the Romans did not know. Reading Isaiah in
english or greek is a waste of time. Jesus did not do so

Last edited:
If I was writing about hippies in the 60's why would I mention the 911 destruction of the world trade towers.

Anyway it seems obvious enough that when Christianity was assimilated and perverted by Rome the gospels were redacted to vilify "the Jews" and make the Romans look like innocent bystanders.. I don't know how any intelligent person would buy that crap.

even so the unknown authors were clever enough to encapsulate the truth in fantastical stories that would divert their superstitious enemies without altering the truth which went right over their heads.

You just have to understand the metaphors and read between the lines.
The Gospel of Luke contains both the largest total number of parables (24) and eighteen unique parables; the Gospel of Matthew contains 23 parables of which eleven are unique; and the Gospel of Mark contains eight parables of which two are unique.

Can you tell me the hidden messages in all of them?

Forum List

Back