How can we measure Reagan's Greatness?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Everyone knows that Reagan is Great, no one realizes how great his Greatness is. The whole world is not enough to accommodate his Greatness. Reagan is higher than the stars and deeper than the ocean. Reagan is bigger than the universe itself. There will never be suitable words to express the greatness of the Great Liberator.

Reagan is so great that he almost equaled the Great Indra the Liberator.

Reagan is so bright that he almost equaled the shining Helios on a radiant chariot.

Reagan sits in the highest heaven and sanctifies the Way.

Patriotism and freedom vs Communism. End of story.

Most U.S presidents are pretty cool guys. No matter if you agree with them or not, I could imagine sharing a beer with any of them in my lifetime and leaving the encounter with a positive view.

Reagan could not only appeal to your humanity with a joke or two, he was completely committed to the belief that men in Europe died for. I would leave a meeting with him thinking 'this guy has our back".

That takes courage and principle.

He was a very good president.

I guess you could start the measurements by looking at the national response to the AIDs crisis and to the huge jump in the national debt.

Reagan was highly ranked when he left office

But he has slipped somewhat because of political scandals in his administration and the long term impact his policies had in a declining middle class

Everyone knows that Reagan is Great, no one realizes how great his Greatness is. The whole world is not enough to accommodate his Greatness. Reagan is higher than the stars and deeper than the ocean. Reagan is bigger than the universe itself. There will never be suitable words to express the greatness of the Great Liberator.

Reagan is so bright that he almost equaled the shining Helios on a radiant chariot.

I like Reagan, voting for him twice, but was not particularly impressed sitting in a Tank in Germany listening to the godless Russian speech, and do not for a second believe Olie north was swapping missiles with an enemy to finance war off the books, out of the basement of the White House, with no knowledge or approval of Ron. Hell of a gambler, sometimes a good international con man, in our favor, but no Saint Ron. Still better than any of the jack legs we have had this century.

and do not for a second believe Olie north was swapping missiles with an enemy to finance war off the books, out of the basement of the White House, with no knowledge or approval of Ron.
You don't need to condone that publicly. But you must condone it privately. I see it as being a lot like the Iraq war. It can't be condoned publicly because it represents crimes against humanity and pure evil.

But it can be privately acknowledged that the money spent was worth it.

America's current war against Russia might be considered to be money well spent. It's at least worth the gamble on account of the outcome being the decider on world supremacy being the factor that decides in favour of America or the Brics.

Was Reagan representing evil? Yes, but you can't be publicly condoned.
Was his behaviour worth it? Yes, a hundred times over!

You don't need to condone that publicly. But you must condone it privately. I see it as being a lot like the Iraq war. It can't be condoned publicly because it represents crimes against humanity and pure evil.

But it can be privately acknowledged that the money spent was worth it.

America's current war against Russia might be considered to be money well spent. It's at least worth the gamble on account of the outcome being the decider on world supremacy being the factor that decides in favour of America or the Brics.

Was Reagan representing evil? Yes, but you can't be publicly condoned.
Was his behaviour worth it? Yes, a hundred times over!
In Ron's case, that off the books, under the table war was voted against US participation, by both houses of Congress, so should not have been attempted to be waged. When Congress votes against, a President should go along with the people's representatives in the House and Senate.

I voted for Reagan twice

He came into office at a low point in patriotism and American spirit. We had lost in Vietnam, Nixon resigned, Runaway inflation, Iranian hostages

He turned around the economy and got us feeling good about ourselves

I have long argued he is this nations finest of all presidents. I suggest to learn about the real Reagan, read this book. It is full of facts reported by those who worked for Reagan, with him and against him.
51QCYV7G4SL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

WAS RR not behind the IRan Contral affair or was it done behind his nose ??

Did he know about it or did he not. Was he behind it

The hero of Grenada?

I voted for Reagan twice

He came into office at a low point in patriotism and American spirit. We had lost in Vietnam, Nixon resigned, Runaway inflation, Iranian hostages

He turned around the economy and got us feeling good about ourselves
Same as I did. Reagan was the first Republican I ever voted for. I had voted earlier for Carter.
I dispute we lost in Vietnam.

Vietnam was a two phase war. Phase 1 was negotiated successfully with the Vietnamese by the Nixon team. Phase 2 happened 2 years later when the North Vietnamese invaded again the South and conquered the South. So the proper statement is that South Vietnam lost the war.
I agree with you on what he did. Reagan also went hard against Communism leading the Soviet Union to collapse.

By how much he grew the size scope and cost of the government.

Quite a feat for a "small government" guy.

WAS RR not behind the IRan Contral affair or was it done behind his nose ??

Did he know about it or did he not. Was he behind it
It is a mistake to say Iran Contra affair. This was used by the Media with no proof at all. There were two separate events. First is complex to explain due to bigotry out there. Reagan did not bargain with the Iran group to free our hostages as the media has claimed. What actually happened is Carter got all the credit and Reagan had him fly to the area where the hostages were released and gave him the credit. Second was hostages in Lebanon. I believe that the impact of the Carter hostages hit Reagan as hard as it hit Carter. Here comes the Israel connection. Israel had a spy in America's prison and wanted him released to them. They got the idea of using short range tank missiles as chips to get Iran to work with them. Israel managed to free Pollard the prisoner in exchange Iran got TOW missiles. Reagan was asked if he would replenish the missiles in Israel and he did. Reagan also approved using a presidential order the release of more TOW missiles to get Iran to do a particular thing. It was to release hostages held in Lebanon.

In the process (since Israel was in the middle, our guys (not in Government) got Saudi Arabia to deliver money to help the Contras.) So the funds did not come from America directly
So the Contras got Saudi Money. Iran got short range anti-tank missiles and Reagan was lied about in the Media and got the black eye for his non participation.

Same as I did. Reagan was the first Republican I ever voted for. I had voted earlier for Carter.
I dispute we lost in Vietnam.

Vietnam was a two phase war. Phase 1 was negotiated successfully with the Vietnamese by the Nixon team. Phase 2 happened 2 years later when the North Vietnamese invaded again the South and conquered the South. So the proper statement is that South Vietnam lost the war.
I agree with you on what he did. Reagan also went hard against Communism leading the Soviet Union to collapse.

20 years of US policy and the poorly executed occupation of Afghanistan caused the Soviet collapse

Reagan can be credited with not taking advantage of the collapse

Who? I worry about today. 2023. After the coup....can we get it America back from the Communist takeover. Country sold for trinkets.

In Ron's case, that off the books, under the table war was voted against US participation, by both houses of Congress, so should not have been attempted to be waged. When Congress votes against, a President should go along with the people's representatives in the House and Senate.
Oh you mean Ronald Reagan and by the word under the table, you mean the Saudis funded the Contras. Damned clever if you ask me to sidestep the Boland amendment.
Stop to ask this. If what Reagan did was wrong, why didn't the Congress impeach him?

Forum List

Back