CDZ How Can Mail-in Ballots Be Made Secure?

There will always be a chain of custody issue with mail-in ballots/voting.

None of it can be trusted.
The use of checksums and separate routes of delivery can alleviate much of that.
No.It could not. What we need is PROVEN ID's for voting. No ID.No vote. And all Ballots in English only.
That's absolutely true but fair and accurate voting is what Democrats have been fighting against for years. They need their illegal voter constituency. This whole issue has nothing to do with voter suppression and everything to do with Democrats ability to manipulate voting.

And the Republicans are pretty successful in closing down polling areas in Democratic strongholds and making sure the ones available to the Dems have long lines where it takes hours to vote. If that doesn't work, they start shutting down specific polling places for reasons like Machine breakdowns or lack of poll workers.
Yeah. Sure. And Repubs shove granny over a cliff. I heard that before. Here is the truth. Anyone STUPID enough not to be able to find a polling place is to stupid to vote.

For those of us that can't spend hours in line to vote, do we just take what you give us? It's "We the People" not "Just Some of the Selected People".

For those of us that can't spend hours in line to vote, do we just take what you give us? It's "We the People" not "Just Some of the Selected People".
I have never spend hours in line waiting to vote. Where do you live? But hey, if you can't wait in line you can request an absentee ballot, unless even that is too much work for you.

There will always be a chain of custody issue with mail-in ballots/voting.

None of it can be trusted.
The use of checksums and separate routes of delivery can alleviate much of that.
No.It could not. What we need is PROVEN ID's for voting. No ID.No vote. And all Ballots in English only.
That's absolutely true but fair and accurate voting is what Democrats have been fighting against for years. They need their illegal voter constituency. This whole issue has nothing to do with voter suppression and everything to do with Democrats ability to manipulate voting.

And the Republicans are pretty successful in closing down polling areas in Democratic strongholds and making sure the ones available to the Dems have long lines where it takes hours to vote. If that doesn't work, they start shutting down specific polling places for reasons like Machine breakdowns or lack of poll workers.
Yeah. Sure. And Repubs shove granny over a cliff. I heard that before. Here is the truth. Anyone STUPID enough not to be able to find a polling place is to stupid to vote.

For those to LAZY to vote once every four YEARS , tough. Or else ,apply LEGALLY for an absentee ballot. However ,I do think Election day should be a Holiday.

I have never spend hours in line waiting to vote. Where do you live? But hey, if you can't wait in line you can request an absentee ballot, unless even that is too much work for you.

I don't have to. We have mail-in voting. And the voting gets done just fine without all the made up crap you dishonest doomsdayers are screaming.

I don't have to. We have mail-in voting. And the voting gets done just fine without all the made up crap you dishonest doomsdayers are screaming.
I which State do you reside? Do you not have to request an absentee ballot?

They can't be made secure..........end of discussion.

Get off your asses and go vote.......or you don't get a say.........Only those displaced and have it approved should be allowed as always.

The DNC and people like you are dishonest as fuck.........we can't trust you any farther than we can throw you.........and we aren't near the Grand Canyon either.

I which State do you reside? Do you not have to request an absentee ballot?

I am a registered Voter in Colorado. We have had only 3 episodes for mail-in voter fraud for 2018 and all 3 were republicans. There is about the same amount of chance of voter fraud in Mail-in versus in person voting. Almost ZERO. We have a Pre Election Audit, Election Audit and a Post Election Audit. It''s a joint effort by the two State Parties and the Governors office. I don't care what method you use, you need all three audits.

If your state doesn't have that method then they are courting voter fraud.

I think this is an interesting idea, sort of a puzzle kind of thing.

Andrew Yang suggested a block chain scheme for voting, but that penalizes those without internet access, so it wouldnt be Constitutional on those grounds, I think.

So I got my wife to spitball some ideas and here is what we came up with:

1) Because of the problem with ballot printing/forgery vulnerabilities the ballot would have to be requested by a resident of the state or municipality to show that they are a real voter. They would also list any adult residents that might live at the same address. Any application that has more than 6 adults living there would flag the ballot request for a phone follow up by the mail-in poll worker.

2) The information would be used to generate a seven digit confirmation code that would be sent either by registered mail or by email, but separate from the ballot itself.

3) When the ballot arrives, the fields are filled in on a bubble scan sheet with a blue impression carbon copy with it. The voter keeps the carbon copy. The voter also enters their confirmation code with the ballot.

4) At the precinct mail-in voting center, the confirmation code is checked as well as the count of ballots from that address. Screening is done well before vote day.

5) if there are any questions about the vote, the voter is contacted and asked to refill a second ballot with the same information, but a new confirmation code is sent.

I dont see how this can be subject to fraud or counterfeiting if the workers are honest and diligent.
In what way are they insecure now?

License or acceptable gov't authorized picture id and code to notch off voters who have voted and those that have not. Voters who have not need following up to assure they truly didn't vote and not thrown out by fraud.

I am a registered Voter in Colorado. We have had only 3 episodes for mail-in voter fraud for 2018 and all 3 were republicans. There is about the same amount of chance of voter fraud in Mail-in versus in person voting. Almost ZERO. We have a Pre Election Audit, Election Audit and a Post Election Audit. It''s a joint effort by the two State Parties and the Governors office. I don't care what method you use, you need all three audits.

If your state doesn't have that method then they are courting voter fraud.
"Colorado’s mail-in voting system is apt to skew results to the left "

Colorado’s mail-in voting system is apt to skew results to the left

But that's perfectly fine with your Mr. Rump. Right?

Like somene said, If you liked Bush vs. Gore you are going to fucking love this.

Andrew Yang suggested a block chain scheme for voting, but that penalizes those without internet access, so it wouldnt be Constitutional on those grounds, I think.

1) Because of the problem with ballot printing/forgery vulnerabilities the ballot would have to be requested by a resident of the state or municipality to show that they are a real voter. They would also list any adult residents that might live at the same address. Any application that has more than 6 adults living there would flag the ballot request for a phone follow up by the mail-in poll worker.

2) The information would be used to generate a seven digit confirmation code that would be sent either by registered mail or by email, but separate from the ballot itself.

3) When the ballot arrives, the fields are filled in on a bubble scan sheet with a blue impression carbon copy with it. The voter keeps the carbon copy. The voter also enters their confirmation code with the ballot.

4) At the precinct mail-in voting center, the confirmation code is checked as well as the count of ballots from that address. Screening is done well before vote day.

5) if there are any questions about the vote, the voter is contacted and asked to refill a second ballot with the same information, but a new confirmation code is sent.

I dont see how this can be subject to fraud or counterfeiting if the workers are honest and diligent.
A lot of time will be spent on this and I think it would work if simplified.

Limit voting to people who pay taxes-------------and their voting only the precincts to which they pay their taxes in. Eliminate non contributors from voting and use fingers prints along with signatures and id to verify identity.

Let's try it. We could probably certify the election by 2022 midterms.

Mail-in voting, which has been going on for decades is suddenly now a fraudulent way to vote, why.. because Trump said so..(chuckle). No cases of wide fraud ever found with mail-in votes but Trump's cult doesn't care about facts.

Mail-in voting, which has been going on for decades is suddenly now a fraudulent way to vote, why.. because Trump said so..(chuckle). No cases of wide fraud ever found with mail-in votes but Trump's cult doesn't care about facts.
No, dude, it is because a requested ballot is a secure ballot while mass mail out ballots are completely NOT secure.

Forum List

Back