How can Hollywood make the movie "Noah"?

Noah isn't about the Noah of the Bible. The stories share some similarities there is a man named Noah who built a boat. That's about it. The Noah in the movie was an environmentalist fighting evil human beings. It isn't a movie with Christian roots
It's a movie with Gaiaist roots.

You all know that the story was fiction, right? Or at least, the version that you read in the Bible was a greatly exaggerated version of Noah's story?

Are people of "faith" aware that a boat could not be made to hold 2 of every animal on the planet, even today?

Hollywood can do whatever it wants with religion because it's all fiction.

PHuPUUvJvhc3yw_1_m.jpg

Jesus Hates Zombies - IMDb

Hollywood doing christian themes means just one thing: GLAAD is involved. Within one calendar year there will be a movie or more released weaving "gay is OK" into christian-themed "Biblical truths". Bank on it.

This is nothing but the next redaction of the Bible on the silver screen. And it will be the final blow to basic christian values. Once a generation grows up believing Hollywood's take on the Bible, the Bible will cease to exist as the "go-to" reference for "christianity".

Imagine if H'wood made a movie based on Mohammed. The radical left would go nuts. Clearly there is a difference in the tolerance ratio between Christians and followers of Islam.

Hollywood doing christian themes means just one thing: GLAAD is involved. Within one calendar year there will be a movie or more released weaving "gay is OK" into christian-themed "Biblical truths". Bank on it.

This is nothing but the next redaction of the Bible on the silver screen. And it will be the final blow to basic christian values. Once a generation grows up believing Hollywood's take on the Bible, the Bible will cease to exist as the "go-to" reference for "christianity".
I said the same thing about Peter Jackson's version of The Hobbit.

Still, The Hobbit was better. The Bible could have been better if they had Jesus fight an evil dragon, but whatever.

Imagine if H'wood made a movie based on Mohammed. The radical left would go nuts. Clearly there is a difference in the tolerance ratio between Christians and followers of Islam.

That would mean a fatwa against everyone connected to the movie.
What happened to South Park when the put muhammad in a bear suit.

This Year, Biblical Films Are Fruitful And Multiplying

This Year, Biblical Films Are Fruitful And Multiplying : NPR

How could this be? I thought Hollywood was anti-religion and punished those who were christians (which is 90% of the population in America)

How were they able to make these films without bursting into flames?

If the right is to be believed, biblical stories are perfect for Hollywood. After all, the bible is just chocked full of murder, incest, infanticide, theft ..................................

Noah isn't about the Noah of the Bible. The stories share some similarities there is a man named Noah who built a boat. That's about it. The Noah in the movie was an environmentalist fighting evil human beings. It isn't a movie with Christian roots
It's a movie with Gaiaist roots.

:cuckoo:

That would mean a fatwa against everyone connected to the movie.
What happened to South Park when the put muhammad in a bear suit.
And the good moral United Christian States of Jesus would turn the other cheek by running indiscriminate drone strikes for over ten years on civilians in 6 different countries that didn't attack the US.

You know, traditional Christian family values.

KNB, duck!

The fact is that the movie is described as clunky at times but always entertaining.

The director chose to use the word "Creator" instead of "God". it's brilliant in that he's going to sell this film worldwide.

Noah is supposedly portrayed as an animal rights activist and ecofreak.

Hence, the usual suspects can safely declare it to be part of the liberal Hollywood conspiracy.

Do you always close your eyes and swallow whatever is put in your mouth? I mean, you dont even bother to find out. Rumors are enough?

What about all the other ones? Liberal bias...all of them?

Dude....get yer sarcasm detection unit serviced.

You all know that the story was fiction, right? Or at least, the version that you read in the Bible was a greatly exaggerated version of Noah's story?

Are people of "faith" aware that a boat could not be made to hold 2 of every animal on the planet, even today?

PHuPUUvJvhc3yw_1_m.jpg

You, of course, can prove it is fiction because you actually were alive back then, and can testify to the truth from firsthand knowledge, right?

Well, since I found out 30 years ago that "West Side Story" was nothing but a remake of Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", I don't trust any move anymore....

You, of course, can prove it is fiction because you actually were alive back then, and can testify to the truth from firsthand knowledge, right?
You are asking me to disprove the existence of an invisible man in the sky, a talking snake, a half-man/half-goat creature, and a boat large enough to hold two of every species of animal on the planet.

You can't prove a negative. I can't prove that Noah's Ark never existed the same way that I cannot prove that Santa Claus doesn't fly around on a magic sleigh at the speed of light. Do you see how that works? I can't prove that God isn't real, just like I can't prove that Superman isn't real. The burden of proof is not on the atheist or agnostic who doubts the existence of God. The burden of proof is on the people of faith who swear that God is real and "every knee must bow."

Take your own advice. "Prove it." Prove that a man built a boat large enough to hold two of every animal on Earth and then managed to keep those animals alive for over a month.

Noah is supposedly portrayed as an animal rights activist and ecofreak.

Hence, the usual suspects can safely declare it to be part of the liberal Hollywood conspiracy.

Yea, Noah loved animals and expected the environmental change.

You now call this a "conspiracy".

Which part? The Noah expected environmental change part or the part where Noah was an Animal/Environment lover?

Last edited:
Do you always close your eyes and swallow whatever is put in your mouth? I mean, you dont even bother to find out. Rumors are enough?

Sorry, I assumed you weren't too lazy to use a search engine yourself.

Atheist 'Noah' director brags film is least biblical Bible movie ever - Washington Times

Yeah, so wheres the part about the "ecofreak" and "animal rights activist"? Did you forget to use google also?

And he saved every animal in the world so being pro animal is kinda implied ya know

Your original premise was that the extremely anti-religious tilt that comes out of Hollywood was false and that this particular movie shows that considering it is a biblical movie. That, it turns out, is complete bullshit considering that the film has little to do with the actual biblical story as the director touts how it is ‘the least biblical biblical film ever made’ and that it is secular. It seems that your entire premise was constructed on something that you didn’t even bother to research before posting.

I would bet you would feel ashamed of doing so if you were capable of honest thought.

I’ll tell you what, if you are so unaware of Hollywood’s hatred of religious thought then you should go check out The Invention of Lying. It sums it up pretty well and is so fucking in your face that it even ruined the movie for me – an atheist. Annoying considering how much potential it had and the fact that it was a fresh concept, something rare in today’s motion pictures.

Forum List

Back