Zone1 How Can Christians Condone Abortion?

How is it possible for Christians to believe that each individual has a soul and yet condone its destruction? Was it really up to Mary and Elizabeth to decide whether or not to terminate their pregnancies? Is a soul's existence really dependent on a Certificate of Live Birth?

Please enlighten me.
Christians (and every other group) have always condoned the destruction of souls under the 'right' circumstances, namely war against a neighbor, a heretic, an infidel, etc.

Christians (and every other group) have always condoned the destruction of souls under the 'right' circumstances, namely war against a neighbor, a heretic, an infidel, etc.
SELF DEFENSE. God allows this.
Murder is the INTENTIONAL TAKING OF AN INNOCENT HUMAN LIFE

SELF DEFENSE. God allows this.
Murder is the INTENTIONAL TAKING OF AN INNOCENT HUMAN LIFE
When heretics were burnt at the stake by the Inquisition, was that a defense of religion or the INTENTIONAL TAKING OF AN INNOCENT HUMAN LIFE?

When the US carpet bombed North Vietnam, was that SELF DEFENSE?

When heretics were burnt at the stake by the Inquisition, was that a defense of religion or the INTENTIONAL TAKING OF AN INNOCENT HUMAN LIFE?

When the US carpet bombed North Vietnam, was that SELF DEFENSE?
I love how every argument you make is a moral argument. It seems to belie your core beliefs as atheism proceeds in almost all its manifestations from the assumption that the basic principles guiding the life of an individual and of mankind in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs or primitive instincts.

I love how every argument you make is a moral argument. It seems to belie your core beliefs as atheism proceeds in almost all its manifestations from the assumption that the basic principles guiding the life of an individual and of mankind in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs or primitive instincts.
This whole thread is based on a moral argument by the OP. Christianity was held up as a moral exemplar, I only attempted to show that it is not so black and white in the real world and Christians, like every other group, have no trouble justifying killing the innocent.

This whole thread is based on a moral argument by the OP. Christianity was held up as a moral exemplar, I only attempted to show that it is not so black and white in the real world and Christians, like every other group, have no trouble justifying killing the innocent.
You are making moral arguments yourself. And got caught. Which isn't hard to do as every argument you make is a moral argument. You can't help yourself because the concept of fairness is so deeply ingrained in you.

You are making moral arguments yourself. And got caught. Which isn't hard to do as every argument you make is a moral argument. You can't help yourself because the concept of fairness is so deeply ingrained in you.
Thank you, I think.

I'm sure Bruno would be happy to hear he was in the small, select group of those actually executed vs forced to recant their beliefs.

No moral people of any religion could ever condone the killing of innocent human beings.

If there is a hell, pro-aborts belong there. Whether there is or not, a just and fair civilization should make their lives hell.

The choice to pay for bombs that kill women, children and other non-combatants is a choice for aborting lives that are active and present in the world.

How Can Christians Condone Abortion?​

What reason would there be for Christians to be so confronted, when this is a question concerning reproduction that only fertile women face?

The choice to pay for bombs that kill women, children and other non-combatants is a choice for aborting lives that are active and present in the world.
So what are you saying? Since we are already non-combatants, it is the go ahead to kill the unborn?

What reason would there be for Christians to be so confronted, when this is a question concerning reproduction that only fertile women face?
The Big Question (as we say in school sometimes)

How valuable is life?

Forum List

Back