How bad will the Blowback be on the impeachment?

Again, you lie & write Fiction just like Adolph Schiffler.

Don’t you believe in The Rule of Law?

Don’t you think Nadler should be arrested if he refuses to comply with The Law?

Nadler is not above The Law, Right?
Talk about a fucking hypocrite. This POS POTUS broke the law.

What law did Trump break? I haven't seen any direct evidence presented in the hearings that Trump broke any law.
Face the fact that this impeachment is a partisan coup attempt based on bullshit as Law professor Turley explained.
There is no "high crime or high misdemeanor". Nancy calls Trump going to court to fight a subpoena "obstruction".
The impeachment will be defeated, and Trump will be re-elected. So enjoy the next 5-years.
Bribery

If you want your Javelin missiles, you had better give me what I demand

You can say the word bribery or extortion or obstruction but that does not make it work.

Zelensky had no clue the funds were being delayed, he got his Javelins, and he did nothing for them. So your bribery charge is bullshit. Trump had every right to delay transferring the funds until the new government was up and running, and had their new anti-corruption reforms in-place.
Actually, Zelensky did have a clue that Trump was extorting him.
Trump, the more moronic than ever, did not even consider that he should mix in requests that help the country with requests that only help him

A bribe is a bribe
You give me this.....or else

What law did Trump break? I haven't seen any direct evidence presented in the hearings that Trump broke any law.
Face the fact that this impeachment is a partisan coup attempt based on bullshit as Law professor Turley explained.
There is no "high crime or high misdemeanor". Nancy calls Trump going to court to fight a subpoena "obstruction".
The impeachment will be defeated, and Trump will be re-elected. So enjoy the next 5-years.
Bribery

You can say the word bribery or extortion or obstruction but that does not make it work.

Zelensky had no clue the funds were being delayed, he got his Javelins, and he did nothing for them. So your bribery charge is bullshit. Trump had every right to delay transferring the funds until the new government was up and running, and had their new anti-corruption reforms in-place.
Trump, the more moronic than ever, did not even consider that he should mix in requests that help the country with requests that only help him

A bribe is a bribe
Bullshit.

The blowback will depend on who wins the messaging war and swings public opinion their way.

Pelosi knows this and it's the reason she hopped with both feet on that reporter for asking if she hated Trump.

If that message, that this is strictly political, wins, they lose.

She ran right back to the mic to send her spin out there, as well as issue a clear message she didnt want to hear that question again, accusing the reporter of accusing her, when he did no such thing, and spewing the "don't mess with me" nonsense. Guy asked a question, which she didnt like because it kills their narrative and, if that message wins, they end up on the losing end of this battle for all the marbles.

2020 is won or lost right here, right now and she damn well knows it.
I doubt it

People who worship Trump will vote for him regardless
Those who hate him will never vote for him

Those in the middle will have to decide if they support how Trump has acted

Well, yes this is all about the independent voters.

The blowback will depend on who wins the messaging war and swings public opinion their way.

Pelosi knows this and it's the reason she hopped with both feet on that reporter for asking if she hated Trump.

She ran right back to the mic to send her spin out there, as well as issue a clear message she didnt want to hear that question again, accusing the reporter of accusing her, when he did no such thing, and spewing the "don't mess with me" nonsense. Guy asked a question, which she didnt like because it kills their narrative and, if that message wins, they end up on the losing end of this battle for all the marbles.

I doubt it

The Ds got their independent counsel with Mueller and that was a dud at best. Trump gets the next turn at bat and that could be really rough for the Ds with Biden, Pelosi, Keary and Clinton all looting the treasury.

Everything depends on the economy. It's the only thing Trump has going in his favor.

If the economy tanks, then Trump has nothing. And he is taking a gigantic risk with the economy by persisting in his stupid tariff war.

"It's the economy, stupid!"
You guys keep carry the Chinese water and predicting disaster if we don't keep letting them rape the US economy, and yet, we keep thriving. And when we see how much cash the Chinese stuff into the pockets of the Left, we then understand why you take the side of the Chinese against Americans on every single dispute.

Americans defy experts by thriving

John Ocasio-Nolte@NolteNC

This is what peace and prosperity looks like America, our first era of it since Sept. 2001.

Unemployment at 50 year low
Wages rising
No stupid wars
Low energy prices
Bitching about an exercise bike

Stop whining and enjoy it.

6:32 AM - Dec 6, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

800 people are talking about this

Two news stories showed the people in America defied the experts in Washington and are making America great again. Jobs are rising and the trade deficit is falling.

The trade war with Red China was supposed to tank our economy. For decades, Washington sold trade agreements as creating jobs. Yes, for every $75,000-a-year job we lost at the factory, Walmart hired a couple more greeters.

Then after two decades of NAFTA, Obama declared with glee "those jobs are not coming back."

What did he care? He got his $66 million book deal. Screw you suckers for believing in his hope and change.

But the Obama legacy is the election of President Donald J Trump and the jobs are coming back.

Boy howdy.

CNBC reported, "The jobs market turned in a stellar performance in November, with nonfarm payrolls surging by 266,000 and the unemployment rate falling to 3.5%, according to Labor Department numbers released Friday.

"Those totals easily beat the Wall Street consensus. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for solid job growth of 187,000 and saw the unemployment rate holding steady from October’s 3.6%."​

Larry Summers, director of the National Economic Council under Obama, said, "Bottom line, America is working. These are very strong numbers. These are happy numbers, these are sunny Friday numbers."

America added 54,000 manufacturing jobs as once again we prove Obama wrong.

The story also said, "Average hourly earnings rose by 3.1% from a year ago, while the average workweek held steady at 34.4 hours. Economists had been looking for wage gains of 3%."

Wages are rising ahead of inflation for the first time in a long while. I am so happy for today's workers. My only advice is to sock 10% of the money in a stock index fund so you can retire.

Then there is the trade deficit. It fell.

Market Watch reported, "U.S. trade deficit falls 7.6% in October to 16-month low on decline in Chinese imports."

Imports fell 1.7% while exports dropped just 0.2%. Keep that up and watch the trade deficit disappear.

We can make all that stuff here.

This is the punk rock economy. Americans are defying their government by working hard and creating the best economy in 50 years. We are a great nation that stretches across a continent and 2 mountain ranges. We turned a desert into a breadbasket. Never underestimate us again.

All this good economic news helps President Trump as he negotiates a trade deal with Red China.

James McDonald, CEO of Hercules Investments, told Yahoo Finance, "Trump now knows he's got a strong market, high confidence, and he’s negotiating from a position of strength going into December 15. This good news is going to give Trump extra leverage to push back on China and to defend himself as well.

"I don't think this report is everything. But it's definitely going to set the tone for both how the Fed is going to perceive things going forward, and how Trump is going to proceed going forward."​

America will slap another 15% tariff on Red China on December 15.

We can afford to. They need us more than we need them,

Complete and total pipe dreams.
Yet another thread for you folks to roll in like a dog in road kill. Enjoy yourselves, because that is ALL you are going to get from this, is dreams.

Bribery

what ass did you pull those assertions from???

OF COURSE Zelensky knew the military aid was held up and scheduled to make public announcement of investigations on CNN. It was cancelled after whistleblower complaint blew up the drug deal.

Ukraine Knew of Aid Freeze by Early August, Undermining Trump Defense

Bribery

A bribe is a bribe
Bullshit.
You must have graduated from Trump University. It is clearly there on the record.

Bribery

OF COURSE Zelensky knew the military aid was held up and scheduled to make public announcement of investigations on CNN. It was cancelled after whistleblower complaint blew up the drug deal.

Read the NYT article, it doesn't explain that Zelensky had 4 or 5 meetings with US reps after the call and before the funds were released, and did not mention the delay of funding in any of the meetings. Zelensky may not have known the funds were being held up. Your assumption is that the NYT article refers to Zelensky. If that were true wouldn't he have asked about the delay?

"In fact, word of the aid freeze had gotten to high-level Ukrainian officials by the first week in August, according to interviews and documents obtained by The New York Times."

I doubt it

The Democrats have to target their impeachment effort towards independent voters. They have to sell them that Trump has committed serious wrongdoing.
70 percent of people agree that even though impeachment may not be warranted, Trump was wrong in what he did

I doubt it

The Democrats have to target their impeachment effort towards independent voters. They have to sell them that Trump has committed serious wrongdoing.
70 percent of people agree that even though impeachment may not be warranted, Trump was wrong in what he did

Exactly right. The democrats are pushing for impeachment when censure is warranted.
That mistake will cost them in 2020.

I doubt it

Yep. Some will be for, some against and won't move. The others may be swayed.

I don't know, I'm obviously in the 'against' category. I think he probably did want this to help him politically, but I don't think that's what he specifically asked for, but asked for a corruption investigation, which is acceptable. If he didn't specifically say otherwise, then this is business as usual, in the same way pols say one thing while wanting something else every day in DC.

I think it's mostly politically motivated noise and have lost most/all faith in either side of the political aisle saying anything that isn't chock full of BS. We can't trust them, we can't trust most of the media, which is biased in one way or another, we have to sort through it ourselves and decide whether we think this action merits the removal of a president or is motivated in large part by political motivations. Those sorts of motives have no place in a proceeding like this. That's my issue here. I do not think this is a good precedent, as I see it as in large part a political endeavor.

I doubt it

Exactly right. The democrats are pushing for impeachment when censure is warranted.

I don’t see how it will cost them

People are not that sympathetic towards Trump. Even if he gets away with it, he still acted inappropriately

Bribery

Read the NYT article, it doesn't explain that Zelensky had 4 or 5 meetings with US reps after the call and before the funds were released, and did not mention the delay of funding in any of the meetings. Zelensky may not have known the funds were being held up. Your assumption is that the NYT article refers to Zelensky. If that were true wouldn't he have asked about the delay?

"In fact, word of the aid freeze had gotten to high-level Ukrainian officials by the first week in August, according to interviews and documents obtained by The New York Times."

Dude you are in a straight up fantasy world if you think Ukranian officials would keep such critical information form Zelensky.

It is THEIR FUCKING JOB to keep the President informed.

Mulveney publicly admited that the millitary aid was held up at Trump's direction to pressure Ukraine for investigations. To do that WITHOUT letting Ukrainians know would make that plan totally insane. This line of defense is just not credible.

Last edited:
It looks like the Ds have alienated a HUGE HUNK of the electorate at the very least
It seems likely that at least some of the house leadership will face criminal charges with Sedition and perjury being the most likely.
And there is a large likelihood that Pelosi will not be able to get the votes to impeach
The senate may not even pick up the impeachment for lack of due process.
The Horowitz report could easily lead to a special counsel and indictments.
Is there an upside to this action?

Bigly.....the Trump Boomerang will be huuuuge........

Michael Knowles pointed out in his podcat at dailywire that biden will be called to testify in the Senate hearings......he points out the democrats believed someone else would be the actual candidate but he is still holding on to the lead...which means all of his illegal activity with ukraine will be front and center right before the election......the Trump Boomerang...

It looks like the Ds have alienated a HUGE HUNK of the electorate at the very least
It seems likely that at least some of the house leadership will face criminal charges with Sedition and perjury being the most likely.
And there is a large likelihood that Pelosi will not be able to get the votes to impeach
The senate may not even pick up the impeachment for lack of due process.
The Horowitz report could easily lead to a special counsel and indictments.
Is there an upside to this action?

Bigly.....the Trump Boomerang will be huuuuge........

Michael Knowles pointed out in his podcat at dailywire that biden will be called to testify in the Senate hearings......he points out the democrats believed someone else would be the actual candidate but he is still holding on to the lead...which means all of his illegal activity with ukraine will be front and center right before the election......the Trump Boomerang...
Biden has already indicated that he will decline the invitation

I doubt it

People are not that sympathetic towards Trump. Even if he gets away with it, he still acted inappropriately

One of us will be disappointed in November. I'm not looking for sympathy, but a well reasoned vote decision from voters. The MSM's war on Trump didn't work in 2016, and he'll do even better in 2020.
Trump misplayed a winning hand. He could have played it as taking care of dollars while the Ukraine was changing from Porosenko to Zelensky and implementing anti-corruption measures. Plus every witness said that Burisma is corrupt. Trump messed up trying to get political points, but that's not impeachable. No worse than Obama and Lois Lerner using the IRS against conservatives.

Bribery

Dude you are in a straight up fantasy world if you think Ukranian officials would keep such critical information form Zelensky.

Mulveney publicly admited that the millitary aid was held up at Trump's direction to pressure Ukraine for investigations. To do that WITHOUT letting Ukrainians know would make that plan totally insane. This line of defense is just not credible.

All I know is that Zelensky didn't ask about the funding in 5-meetings.
If he knew it was being help up for a statement, why not make the announcement? I don't see a downside.

I doubt it

One of us will be disappointed in November. I'm not looking for sympathy, but a well reasoned vote decision from voters. The MSM's war on Trump didn't work in 2016, and he'll do even better in 2020.
Trump misplayed a winning hand. He could have played it as taking care of dollars while the Ukraine was changing from Porosenko to Zelensky and implementing anti-corruption measures. Plus every witness said that Burisma is corrupt. Trump messed up trying to get political points, but that's not impeachable. No worse than Obama and Lois Lerner using the IRS against conservatives.
With Trump, 2020 will be.....

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

Bribery

All I know is that Zelensky didn't ask about the funding in 5-meetings.
If he knew it was being help up for a statement, why not make the announcement? I don't see a downside.

I have no idea where you are getting information about 4-5 meetings and what Zelensy said in them...but thats not how the normal justice system works, thats how Bannana Republic works.

You, as a President in a developed country don't go to your prosecutors and start ordering them who to investigate and you certainly don't go on CNN to announce those investigations. Investigations are kept private untill you actually have enough to formally accuse someone in the court of law and are ready to indict.

Further, absolutely no one, not even Sholkin, accused Hunter of any wrongdoing and Ukraine HAS NO JURISDICTION to investigate motivations of Vice President of the Unted States of America conducting foreign policy. There CAN'T be a Ukranian law prohibiting foreign government from conditioning foreign aid on WHATEVER it wants to.

So the only TRUE criminal investigation here could only be on American side, by American DOJ, based on a legitimate probable cause not Trump's insistance.

Mere fact of Hunter wokring for a company IS NOT anywhere near legitimate probable cause btw.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back