How bad will the Blowback be on the impeachment?

How bad? you really want to know?

It will cost the Democrats The House

How bad will the Blowback be on the impeachment?

What law did Trump break? I haven't seen any direct evidence presented in the hearings that Trump broke any law.
Face the fact that this impeachment is a partisan coup attempt based on bullshit as Law professor Turley explained.
There is no "high crime or high misdemeanor". Nancy calls Trump going to court to fight a subpoena "obstruction".
The impeachment will be defeated, and Trump will be re-elected. So enjoy the next 5-years.
Bribery

If you want your Javelin missiles, you had better give me what I demand

You can say the word bribery or extortion or obstruction but that does not make it work.

Zelensky had no clue the funds were being delayed, he got his Javelins, and he did nothing for them. So your bribery charge is bullshit. Trump had every right to delay transferring the funds until the new government was up and running, and had their new anti-corruption reforms in-place.
Actually, Zelensky did have a clue that Trump was extorting him.
Trump, the more moronic than ever, did not even consider that he should mix in requests that help the country with requests that only help him

A bribe is a bribe
You give me this.....or else
Bullshit.
You must have graduated from Trump University. It is clearly there on the record.
I think the problem you are having is that you have not read the actual transcript of the call, and instead have relied on Adumb Schifferbrain's Fairy Tale he presented at his hearing farce.

The blowback will depend on who wins the messaging war and swings public opinion their way.

Pelosi knows this and it's the reason she hopped with both feet on that reporter for asking if she hated Trump.

If that message, that this is strictly political, wins, they lose.

She ran right back to the mic to send her spin out there, as well as issue a clear message she didnt want to hear that question again, accusing the reporter of accusing her, when he did no such thing, and spewing the "don't mess with me" nonsense. Guy asked a question, which she didnt like because it kills their narrative and, if that message wins, they end up on the losing end of this battle for all the marbles.

2020 is won or lost right here, right now and she damn well knows it.
I doubt it

People who worship Trump will vote for him regardless
Those who hate him will never vote for him

Those in the middle will have to decide if they support how Trump has acted

Well, yes this is all about the independent voters.
The Democrats have to target their impeachment effort towards independent voters. They have to sell them that Trump has committed serious wrongdoing.
70 percent of people agree that even though impeachment may not be warranted, Trump was wrong in what he did
Why should impeachment be targeted towards voters? I thought this was to save America. It was "Patriotic", not " political", as Nazi Pelousy said.
You are saying it is nothing but a ploy to get votes.

Hmmm...................

It looks like the Ds have alienated a HUGE HUNK of the electorate at the very least
It seems likely that at least some of the house leadership will face criminal charges with Sedition and perjury being the most likely.
And there is a large likelihood that Pelosi will not be able to get the votes to impeach
The senate may not even pick up the impeachment for lack of due process.
The Horowitz report could easily lead to a special counsel and indictments.
Is there an upside to this action?

Bigly.....the Trump Boomerang will be huuuuge........

Michael Knowles pointed out in his podcat at dailywire that biden will be called to testify in the Senate hearings......he points out the democrats believed someone else would be the actual candidate but he is still holding on to the lead...which means all of his illegal activity with ukraine will be front and center right before the election......the Trump Boomerang...
Biden has already indicated that he will decline the invitation
OBVIOUS OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back