Houston Chronicle removes paywall for Bombshell Story on 400-page report finding Southern Baptist leaders routinely silenced sexual abuse survivors

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
An explosive 400page investigation finds Southern Baptist leaders silenced/disparaged abuse survivors, ignored calls for policies & dismissed reforms that might cost the SBC money in lawsuits

enjoy...i'll post excerpts tomorrow

Baptist News has been covering it for a long time, I will look back in my archives to see if I kept some of the articles.

Here We go. SATF update: Review, search terms in electronic documents underway | Baptist Press

Last edited:
An explosive 400page investigation finds Southern Baptist leaders silenced/disparaged abuse survivors, ignored calls for policies & dismissed reforms that might cost the SBC money in lawsuits

BWHAAAAAaaaaa

Another left wing non-story that has already been resolved. Nothing more than a petty hit piece... You left wingers never learn.. One more shiny object to try and deflect from Biden failures and Hillary's crimes...

BWHAAAAAaaaaa

Another left wing non-story that has already been resolved. Nothing more than a petty hit piece... You left wingers never learn..
Basque isn’t left …

No make me defend Basque because then he will think I am lusting for him…

As for the story the fact is it is news for the moment until Biden farts…

Pretty sure on this one that no matter how bad we think it is it's way, way worse.
A lot of truth there. It's being weeded out so to speak and the victims are being offered help. The investigation I can say is leaving no stone unturned and the worms are being exposed.

A lot of truth there. It's being weeded out so to speak and the victims are being offered help. The investigation I can say is leaving no stone unturned and the worms are being exposed.
I've told the story before of the last church I ever attended. A deacon, who also owned the land the church sat on, had been there long enough to have molested three generations of girls. Everyone knew about him and yet no one ever said a word against him. This was the mid seventies a golden age for sex predators. It seemed like molesters were everywhere in my childhood church life and victims could be counted on to keep quiet.

Pretty much the same story with me in the early 70s. I was considered at an age of reason and was part of voting him out and given a warning. But it took from what I remembered two suicides of young boys to finally get it done.

Bapti
Keeping up with the Papists I see.👍
That's baptist, not paptist but they both do seem to attract the sex predators. So you can say the SBC is trying to keep up :) Paptist are Roman Catholic
The article refers to the SBC as protestant, they are not, to be protestant they had to be at one time affiliated with the Catholic Church. The SBC is the largest baptist denomination but there are a lot of others. And those names mentioned are not leaders as the article states they were elected to do a job. Baptists are congregational like the Quakers and Mennonites.

Last edited:
Bapti

That's baptist, not paptist but they both do seem to attract the sex predators. So you can say the SBC is trying to keep up :) Paptist are Roman Catholic
The article refers to the SBC as protestant, they are not, to be protestant they had to be at one time affiliated with the Catholic Church. The SBC is the largest baptist denomination but there are a lot of others. And those names mentioned are not leaders as the article states they were elected to do a job. Baptists are congregational like the Quakers and Mennonites.
Bapti

Meh, whatever but I suspect if you drill down hard enough into any religion or subset thereof you will find more than your fair share of predators. They are always in a perpetual state of scandal for one thing or another, either internally or publicly.

I bet there have been a half-dozen offshoots of the Baptist church I was forced to go to as a kid. One click would accuse another click of something (usually over money or the preacher fucking some deacon's wife or such) and the click that lost would form their own church. Rinse and repeat Ad nauseam.

I remain agnostic.

Bapti

Are you sure you are correct on that, the Southern Baptist not being a protestant religion?
1653263151109.png

Are you sure you are correct on that, the Southern Baptist not being a protestant religion?
View attachment 648389
Thanks, yes but those articles will be disputed by those within the baptist organizations. We were taught that in discipleship class so I guess it is who you want to believe. It's a subject that will get their hackles up in the church orginization.

Last edited:

Oops.

Thanks, yes but those articles will be disputed by those within the baptist organizations. We were taught that in discipleship class so I guess it is who you want to believe. It's a subject that will get their hackles up in the church orginization.
I'm not active but was raised in the Methodist church, later baptized and member of a Southern Baptist Convention church for many years, a member even now, though not attending. I am even a graduate of Union University, where I got my Business degree. I always thought the Methodist and Baptists were both Protestant religions.

I'm not active but was raised in the Methodist church, later baptized and member of a Southern Baptist Convention church for many years, a member even now, though not attending. I am even a graduate of Union University, where I got my Business degree. I always thought the Methodist and Baptists were both Protestant religions.
I am not sure about the Methodist history. But I am familiar with union university. That's where a civil rights lawyer was from that, saved my bacon from being harassed and fired and went for the throat to do it. I believe if my memory is correct that has a bakery on campus?

I am not sure about the Methodist history. But I am familiar with union university. That's where a civil rights lawyer was from that, saved my bacon from being harassed and fired and went for the throat to do it. I believe if my memory is correct that has a bakery on campus?
There is not a bakery that I am aware of. 14th highest rated private university of it's size in the Southeaster United States. It has a very modern (bespeaking a lot of Baptist money) campus. Religion credits and chapel attendance required (though not a seminary school or wasn't when I graduated), is home to Mcafee School of Business, usually has a good women's basketball team and is known for being academically demanding and the highest tuition and fees of any college or university within a hundred and 130 miles in any direction, and you will come to admissions with a recommendation or you probably won't come.

Last edited:

Well, we knew this whole "grooming" thing was a Republican white-wing projection.

Forum List

Back