House votes to REMOVE all Confederate statues from Congress

Federal troops were trespassing on the territory of South Carolina. .....
Again, repeating this falsehood over and over will not alter reality.
Then why do you keep doing it?

You keep making these pronouncement without a shred of proof other than your own authority. Why do you expect anyone to accept your claims?

If you wish to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution, renounced their United States citizenship, attacked the United States, and slaughtered United States military defending the United States, you are free to erect your monuments to them on your private property. Sworn enemies of the United States have no places of honor anywhere on United States public land.

My gosh, look at this nonsense. It appears all statues must come down...

Now the Statue of Liberty is cancelled! Washington Post writer claims famed figure is a 'meaningless symbol of hypocrisy' and 'unfulfilled promises'
  • Philip Kennicott, Pulitzer Prize winner, said statue no longer represented liberty
  • Said it was a symbol of 'unfulfilled promises' due to America's history of racism
  • The journalist added that the statue was irrelevant to non-white Americans
"If the statue has had any kind of stable meaning over its lifetime, it is not as a symbol of liberty, but as a symbol of the misuse of liberty — as a hollow promise, unequally distributed and limited in its application to certain groups.'"

Federal troops were trespassing on the territory of South Carolina. .....
Again, repeating this falsehood over and over will not alter reality.

You keep making these pronouncement without a shred of proof other than your own authority. Why do you expect anyone to accept your claims?
History is the proof. Reality is the proof. Every time it is PROVEN to you the "yeahbut yeahbut" starts with you. You are doing nothing but repeating idiotic falsehoods that have been DISPROVEN hundreds and hundreds of times on dozens of threads. You're nothing but a petulant child.

Virginia was and is an inseparable part of the UNITED States of America.
Wrong.
And again, reality does not change to satisfy your impotent bitterness.
Nor yours. Prove you claims. Simply spewing your prejudices doesn't prove a thing.

History is the proof. Reality is the proof. Every time it is PROVEN to you the "yeahbut yeahbut" starts with you. You are doing nothing but repeating idiotic falsehoods that have been DISPROVEN hundreds and hundreds of times on dozens of threads. You're nothing but a petulant child.
In other words, no proof.

You haven't provided a single word of valid proof for any of your claims.

I wonder if some of the fantasists might also labor under the delusion of another "Big Lie" - that the sworn enemies of the United States won the war "in a landslide!"

Why should federal tax dollars go to honoring our enemies the confederate general should have all been executed as traitors the moment for War ended.

does the Opie also think we should be putting up statues of British loyalists, who fought alongside the British during the revolution?

Wrong.
Nor yours. Prove you claims. Simply spewing your prejudices doesn't prove a thing.
And when Texas v White is mentioned, you will go back to "Those experts in Constitutional law on the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA were just poopy heads! I don't like them so it doesn't count! Waaaaa!" AGAIN. You're a predictable dimwit.

Wrong.
And when Texas v White is mentioned, you will go back to "Those experts in Constitutional law on the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA were just poopy heads! I don't like them so it doesn't count! Waaaaa!" AGAIN. You're a predictable dimwit.
I go back to the fact that four of them were Lincoln appointed hacks. The decisions also made a number of statements that are patently false, such as the claim that Texas was a state of the union at the time.

Your belief that the court is infallible is clearly absurd.

If you wish to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution, renounced their United States citizenship, attacked the United States, and slaughtered United States military defending the United States, you are free to erect your monuments to them on your private property. Sworn enemies of the United States have no places of honor anywhere on United States public land.

Now the Statue of Liberty is cancelled! Washington Post writer claims famed figure is a 'meaningless symbol of hypocrisy' and 'unfulfilled promises'
  • Philip Kennicott, Pulitzer Prize winner, said statue no longer represented liberty
  • Said it was a symbol of 'unfulfilled promises' due to America's history of racism
"If the statue has had any kind of stable meaning over its lifetime, it is not as a symbol of liberty, but as a symbol of the misuse of liberty — as a hollow promise, unequally distributed and limited in its application to certain groups.'"

Whether you object to others statues is your prerogative.

Personally, I take exception to monuments being erected on United States public land to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution and waged war against the United States, slaughtering United States military who defended the United States.

Personally, I take exception to monuments being erected on United States public land to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution and waged war against the United States, slaughtering United States military who defended the United States.

Funny, the vets of that war, from the Union side, didn't mind.

What moral authority do you have, that is greater than that of the people that fought and bled to save teh union and free the slaves?

I take exception to Brits interfering in our politics.

What moral authority do you have, that is greater than that of the people that fought and bled to save teh union and free the slaves?
If you speak for the United States troops who were killed defending the nation, please explain your authority to do so.

When I take exception to monuments erected on United States public land to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution and waged war against the United States, slaughtering United States military who defended the United States, I only speak for myself.

The fact that most of these anomalous impertinences were at the instigation of racists during the Jim Crow era speaks to their propriety from my perspective. I like to think the nation has progressed.

If you speak for the United States troops who were killed defending the nation, please explain your authority to do so.

He speaks as a US citizen. You speak as a nosy foreigner.

When I take exception to monuments erected on United States public land to honor individuals who rejected the United States Constitution and waged war against the United States, slaughtering United States military who defended the United States, I only speak for myself.

And no American gives a shit

The fact that most of these anomalous impertinences were at the instigation of racists during the Jim Crow era speaks to their propriety from my perspective. I like to think the nation has progressed.
Abraham Linco;n was a racist and a war criminal.

Oh look, the bitter nobody who is upset slavery went away is an authority on Constitutional law. You beg and beg for proof then whine like a little bitch "yeahbut yeahbut..."

Oh look, the bitter nobody who is upset slavery went away is an authority on Constitutional law. You beg and beg for proof then whine like a little bitch "yeahbut yeahbut..."
All history is subject to revision, dumbass.

All history is subject to revision, dumbass.
It's not subject to childish lies by bitter, impotent fools.

Forum List

Back