House Republicans Prepare to Turn US Government Shutdown Into Immigration Clash

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I hope the GOP is willing to go to the mat on this!
We have got to get control of our borders, and although we all know Democrats will get in the way of ANY attempts to secure the border, we must get this done!!!

Bloomberg) -- House Republicans are preparing to turn an impending government shutdown into a clash with Democrats over border enforcement as New York, Chicago and other major cities struggle with a migrant influx.

The approach is intended to temporarily set aside differences among GOP lawmakers over how deeply and where to cut federal spending while maintaining a collision course with Democrats that risks shutting down the US government on Oct. 1.

We have got to get control of our borders, and although we all know Democrats will get in the way of ANY attempts to secure the border, we must get this done!!!

Go for it. As Republicans have consistently refused to come to the table to solve the immigration problem and as they year after year look the other way while the corporations who contribute to their campaigns hire these undocumented immigrants with no repercussions whatsoever, all they are doing is ensuring they get the blame for the shutdown...and the party meltdown that's coming next year.

Yes! Trump is being offered the opportunity to go to the mat on this one!

Most lowbrow Democrats can't help but be sympathetic to this cause.

Oh, so now after all these years congress is going to address immigration. What a fucking excuse.

Oh, so now after all these years congress is going to address immigration. What a fucking excuse.
The only downside of it is that both sides are in favour of illegal immigrants, for obvious reasons that Trump understands too.

Americans need to get their fat asses out to the fields and learn how to pick strawberries for a buck an hour!

Go for it. As Republicans have consistently refused to come to the table to solve the immigration problem and as they year after year look the other way while the corporations who contribute to their campaigns hire these undocumented immigrants with no repercussions whatsoever, all they are doing is ensuring they get the blame for the shutdown...and the party meltdown that's coming next year.
As long as enemy democrats use amnesty and citizenship as a euphemism for comprehensive immigration reform, Republicans will stomp them. The immigration problem will be solved by tightening the border and mass deportations.

The only downside of it is that both sides are in favour of illegal immigrants, for obvious reasons that Trump understands too.

Americans need to get their fat asses out to the fields and learn how to pick strawberries for a buck an hour!
I have picked strawberries, apples, and blueberries as well as worms.

Sounds to me you have not picked your fair share.

I wonder how much democrats such as in New York and elsewhere will hop on this train?

TRUMP: I'll take it. I am proud to shutdown the government for border security, Chuck. I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting down. And I'm going to shut it down for border security.

You guys have underperformed in every election since.

I hope they go to the mat too.

Didn’t AOC just tell an irate crowd in NYC we need to fast track work permits for Biden’s illegal hoard?

That may happen.

Forum List

Back