House GOP panel moves on deep budget cuts

While in principle I agree.. there are not a lot of details on what the cuts really are... I generally wait for that to come out

I would rather them cut according to general principal rather than death by a thousand special interest groups....

There's the far right again for you, no funds for schools, nothing for the elderly, but for huge government, their corporate cronies and bankrolling the military industrial complex?

Fuccckkkk yeah billy bob! yeeeeeeeeee haw!

Democrats would much rather children and elderly and all their little pets go without than diminish the party budget. They can blame the GOP for cuts for their own social services, but the party must go on.

Veterans Affairs, Homeland Security and the Pentagon would be spared under the plan approved by the House Appropriations Committee on a party-line vote, but legislation responsible for federal firefighting efforts and Indian health care would absorb a cut of 18 percent below legislation adopted in March.

... on a party-line vote

Republicans can not legislate without their "War On" mentality against, while blindly for what is in their own interest ... as the real reason their legislation fails in the Senate.

There's the far right again for you, no funds for schools, nothing for the elderly, but for huge government, their corporate cronies and bankrolling the military industrial complex?

you need to read the Constitution sometime on what can & can not be funded....those entitlements you described should be handled at the lower levels of government, specifically the states & local/tribal governments. That was always the balance the Founding Fathers went after, big ticket items like defense were at the federal, taking care of the people at the local....

Too bad they are unlikely become law. The big spenders in the senate will make sure of that.

I've been encouraged by what I've seen from Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. They're gaining popularity in the repuke party, and are under viscious assault by the bed wetters. That tells me we can look forward to another massive Tea Party sweep in 2014. Thanks to the moonbat messiah doubling down on his statist policies, his thug regime's criminal tendincies being exposed, and the RINO's further alienating themselves we're starting to see a more distinctly pro-freedom base taking hold of the party.

That's also why I reject a 3rd party. We just need to take over the one at the top of the shitter, take it out and clean it up. The democrook party was dragged into the septic tank by the statist left years ago. Let the bed wetters stay down there where they belong.

Schools should be the responsibility of the State. Where in the listed cuts have to do with the elderly?

BTW read the 10th Amendment and educate yourself.

I've been encouraged by what I've seen from Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. They're gaining popularity in the repuke party, and are under viscious assault by the bed wetters. That tells me we can look forward to another massive Tea Party sweep in 2014. Thanks to the moonbat messiah doubling down on his statist policies, his thug regime's criminal tendincies being exposed, and the RINO's further alienating themselves we're starting to see a more distinctly pro-freedom base taking hold of the party.

That's also why I reject a 3rd party. We just need to take over the one at the top of the shitter, take it out and clean it up. The democrook party was dragged into the septic tank by the statist left years ago. Let the bed wetters stay down there where they belong.

both parties have been compromised which is why both are corrupt. You can't fix that which is irrevocably broken. It would be better if most people went the way of Independent status. Then both parties would start to pay attention more to their constituents....

both parties have been compromised which is why both are corrupt. You can't fix that which is irrevocably broken. It would be better if most people went the way of Independent status. Then both parties would start to pay attention more to their constituents....

I suppose I only disagree that the repuke party can be saved. I agree with being independent though. I basically am independent. I tend to vote Libertarian on many local offices, but I vote repuke in federal elections if the candidate isn't embarrassing. I simply NEVER vote democrook. As far as I'm concerned it's the bolshevik party.

I suppose I only disagree that the repuke party can be saved. I agree with being independent though. I basically am independent. I tend to vote Libertarian on many local offices, but I vote repuke in federal elections if the candidate isn't embarrassing. I simply NEVER vote democrook. As far as I'm concerned it's the bolshevik party.

I'm with you. At one time, the democrats used to stand for something honorable, but no longer. They compromised with the far left a long time ago. Now, it's just the "free shit" party. The R's are well on their way as well. I'm not convinced they will recover either since they sold their soul awhile back. I quit the Republican party a few years ago & haven't looked back since. I still agree with them on a lot of issues, but I will no longer be a faithful voter to them either....

Last edited by a moderator:

now this is more in line with what the Constitution states about funding government..nowhere is Education, Interior or massive foreign aid found....:clap2:

I wonder, did you read the link you posted and understand its implicatons? If so and you still fall back to supporting the TP Rand Paul ideology, I wonder if you would explain what you believe will be the consequences of such an economic policy?

Wrong.. troll

No FEDERAL funding of schools (it is a local issue).. nobody called for cutting off the SS the elderly are getting now....

But nice try with your bullshit again

I'm with you. At one time, the democrats used to stand for something honorable, but no longer. They compromised with the far left a long time ago. Now, it's just the "free shit" party. The R's are well on their way as well. I'm not convinced they will recover either since they sold their soul awhile back. I quit the Republican party a few years ago & haven't looked back since. I still agree with them on a lot of issues, but I will no longer be a faithful voter to them either....

Corruption in politics? Guess what, it is inherent and can't be fixed, only controlled. Yet, it seems, the Supreme Court and the Conservatives who supported it applaud Citizens Unions as if it was the rebirth of the Magna Carta and The Rights of Man - "it's about free speech" is the biggest lie of the century.

Lord Acton is noted for pointing out this truth, "power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely"; CU v. FEC provides the power elite of this nation nearly absolute power to influence elections, local, state and federal. Honest debate on issues has been replaced by simple phrases which influence the voters; 15 or 30 second commercials which enrich the media, distort the issues and feed corruption.

now this is more in line with what the Constitution states about funding government..nowhere is Education, Interior or massive foreign aid found....:clap2:

I wonder, did you read the link you posted and understand its implicatons? If so and you still fall back to supporting the TP Rand Paul ideology, I wonder if you would explain what you believe will be the consequences of such an economic policy?

I did read the link which is why I posted it. The consequences would be that Congress for once would be following the Constitution instead of political convenience. Homeland defense is part of the Constitution, schools are not. Those items should be funded at the state levels, not the national ones. Centralized education as we have it set up is a piss poor economic model & a failing one. There is no reason why our students have to consistently fare poorly when compared to other countries. A large part has to do with centralized education & a one size fits all approach. That approach simply does not work on such an issue. Defense does because you have standardization across the board. If greater control were at the local/state levels, you would not see us lagging behind as we do. That is an economic issue as well. If we can not produce good students, then how can we compete on the world stage?

you need to read the Constitution sometime on what can & can not be funded....those entitlements you described should be handled at the lower levels of government, specifically the states & local/tribal governments. That was always the balance the Founding Fathers went after, big ticket items like defense were at the federal, taking care of the people at the local....

Yes, you should read the constitution.

Medicare and social security are paid into, they are not entitlements.

The constitution only allows for there to be a military presence for defense only, not to become a military industrial complex that the GOP wants to use to go to war over nothing, and having bases setup around the world.
The constitution does not allow for tax dodgers and the wealthy to get massive handouts and give-a-ways by the government.

The constitution also doesn't allow for there to be huge government police state organizations like the DHS, but in the GOP's minds, nothing says "safety" like having big brother watching over everyone,..

Last edited:
Wow, you are partisan. You do know Obama has used the military for the very purposes you're accusing the GOP of, right? Of course you do, but that doesn't fit your narrative of "republicans bad!" so you omit it as if you're slinging some kind of truth regarding the use of powers under the federal government.

No declaration of war in Libya either, bud. Just as one example of the democrats playing the other side of the same coin as the GOP.

What a piece of shit bill. No shutting down the DHS, no rolling back defense spending to pre-war levels, no cuts to politician pay and benefits, no tax reform, no fixing or repealing the ACA..............seriously wtf!

Forum List

Back