Hopefully the GOP grows a pair and stops this

Give away the Internet? How exactly? Please show us your "Republican wit" and tell everyone how the internet is being given away.

Detail how the US "Controls the Internet" now...and how it plans on "giving it away".

Give away the Internet? How exactly? Please show us your "Republican wit" and tell everyone how the internet is being given away.

Detail how the US "Controls the Internet" now...and how it plans on "giving it away".

The internet at the moment is not controlled as you say by the US, but for whatever moronic reason BO has decided a 'international body' should be the administrator so to speak. Try reading the article for once.

Ted Cruz is a national traitor. How dare you speak his name.

I'm no fan of Cruz, but I hope he and others put a stop to BO's plan this time.
Why? How will this effect your life, and what negative impact will this have on America and the internet, in your opinion?

the internet for the most part is of free access and has worked very well. Yes there have some issues, but BO and the dems hate conservatives having free access like this for communication and debating ideas etc. so under the guise of this 'agreement' giving admin control to a 'international body' is a joke to say the least.

Why? How will this effect your life, and what negative impact will this have on America and the internet, in your opinion?

the internet for the most part is of free access and has worked very well. Yes there have some issues, but BO and the dems hate conservatives having free access like this for communication and debating ideas etc. so under the guise of this 'agreement' giving admin control to a 'international body' is a joke to say the least.
You and other conservatives get the internet for free, and that's going to stop now? Where did you hear this?

The internet at the moment is not controlled as you say by the US, but for whatever moronic reason BO has decided a 'international body' should be the administrator so to speak. Try reading the article for once.

I build networks for a living. So I think I know a bit more about this than you....Mmmmkay?

How does Obama plan to give the "administrator so to speak" to an international body if the US doesn't actually control anything to begin with?

Ted Cruz and other Republicans are barreling toward a September showdown with the White House over its plan to give up oversight of the internet,

Read more: Cruz slams Obama for 'internet giveaway'
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=Politico
Ummm...sooo...Republicans are now saying that Government regulation is a good thing?
And...Ted Cruz is leading the argument?!!!!

Jeez...it's really hard to keep up.
I need to watch Fox more.

Do you understand how the Internet is free to access?

What you are talking about is called a "1 tiered internet"...something your precious fucking telecom companies tried to get Republicans to take away from us.

So you can blow your "free internet" bullshit out your ass.

Content control
How?
Like everything else, we're at the mercy of the writer.
The United Nations has a radical, dangerous vision for the future of the Web

There are at least 13 root servers in the world, and all of them are controlled by the US Department of Commerce. These root servers are the administrative database of the Domain Name System.

The Obama Administration is talking about giving up stewardship of the root servers and turning them over to "multi-stakeholders". A kind of world community.

A long list of international corporations support this idea. To see a list of some of them, see the link in my previous post. Intel, Amazon, and many more.

Discuss.

Content control
How?
Like everything else, we're at the mercy of the writer.
The United Nations has a radical, dangerous vision for the future of the Web
How does the UN plan to "control the web"?

There are at least 13 root servers in the world, and all of them are controlled by the US Department of Commerce. These root servers are the administrative database of the Domain Name System.

The Obama Administration is talking about giving up stewardship of the root servers and turning them over to "multistakeholders". A kind of world community.

A long list of international corporations support this idea. To see a list of some of them, see the link in my previous post. Intel, Amazon, and many more.

Discuss.
Wrong.

You're 100% wrong.

Some of those root servers are controlled by the US military, maybe you could claim the Department of Commerce oversights the root servers at places such as the Universities...but it has no say about the US military root servers.

Here's the list:

IANA — Root Servers

ICANN is only one on that list.

What is being given up is the unilateral say in HOW DNS is registered.

That's it...oh well...who cares?

Forum List

Back