Hoover Dam, A Symbol Of The Modern West, Faces An Epic Water Shortage

bodecea well man didn’t make the region a desert.

with that said, man did make the laws, and govt, and elected the officials that have mismanaged it

blaming farmers seems like a great snd cheap political move by the political folks, snd folks unwilling to admit they made mistakes voting for those folks…but it’s not true

I've been going to and photographing Lake Mead and Hoover Dam since the mid 80s

At that time the line of white from decrease in water was already there for everyone to see and the state was already talking about water levels.

Through the years I've photographed the same areas many times. Each time there is less and less water. Each time I'm shocked at what I'm seeing and photographing. I photographed it last July. It was the worst conditions I've seen thus far at the lake.

That lake and system provides water to California, Arizona and Nevada.

They expect the lake to get to the low levels that cause shortages and conserving by August.

OVERPOPULATION

Growing up in Germany I watched documentaries about Hoover dam, the underlying message of engineering marvel would instill awe into the viewer.
Today, such news about Hoover dam just reinforces general view of American decline.
Better water management could have diverted Colorado flood waters into Lake Mead.

Forum List

Back