Honest men and women can have honest differences of opinion...

Welcome Ding. I fear you have made a large mistake, but if you start threads that don't bash Trump, Hillary, or the MSM, I will be eternally grateful. Just don't use too many big words

Hey Everyone,

My name is ding and I believe that honest men and women can have honest differences of opinion without having to act like jerks to each other. I believe that growth filled communities should explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth.
Everybody lies therefore nobody is honest
It isn't hard to be objective. Everyone can be objective. Just because they aren't always objective that doesn't mean they can't do it. It's a choice.
Objectivity has nothing to do with honesty
and I never said anyone can't be honest the fact is no one is honest whether they can be or not is irrelevant
Of course objectivity is related to honesty. If you are objective about something then you don't rationalize being right when you are wrong. Most lies are not outright lies. Most lies are rationalizations. In other words they are lies that we tell ourselves.

Welcome Ding. I fear you have made a large mistake, but if you start threads that don't bash Trump, Hillary, or the MSM, I will be eternally grateful. Just don't use too many big words
I'll try my best.

There are precious few honest people in a world where most people's understanding of politics runs no deeper than they're being a member of the good guy tribe and so they oppose everything about the bad guy tribe.

There are precious few honest people in a world where most people's understanding of politics runs no deeper than they're being a member of the good guy tribe and so they oppose everything about the bad guy tribe.
That's because they are not objective. They reject anything that is contrary to their position. It's not so much that they believe in the people they support as it is they believe that they can't be wrong about them.

Hi ding. My name is dong. And I am honest too. I never lie. I never lie especially to women. Women are honest and always tell the truth in order to improve their relationships.

Thanks for that heartfelt welcome. A growth filled community is one that seeks to continuously improve. Attributes would be order, harmony and respect.
Oh, a fantasy...... Got it. :thup:
No. It's not a fantasy. You have a family, right? You have friends too, right? Those are communities. You do it there, don't you? Why can't you do it every where else?

You need to visit the Flamer Zone. :lol: All KINDS of people are posting on these message boards and not all are very "healthy" if you know what I mean.

Is flames zone a website? How good does your English have to be to participate there?

Thanks for that heartfelt welcome. A growth filled community is one that seeks to continuously improve. Attributes would be order, harmony and respect.
No. It's not a fantasy. You have a family, right? You have friends too, right? Those are communities. You do it there, don't you? Why can't you do it every where else?

You need to visit the Flamer Zone. :lol: All KINDS of people are posting on these message boards and not all are very "healthy" if you know what I mean.

Is flames zone a website? How good does your English have to be to participate there?
Scroll down to the bottom of the forum categories - Flame Zone...........

Family, dysfunctional (both the wife's and mine), friends, strange like me........ Why can't it work on a bigger scale? You are paying attention to election cycles ain'tcha, international affairs? That should answer your question. :eusa_whistle:
Of course it can work to some degree in small, closed communities but on a larger scale...... That's a fantasy.
I'm sorry to hear that. Election cycles? When did any thing they did actually make a difference in your day to day life? Of course it can work on a bigger scale, it's just a sum of the parts.
Uuuummmmm, Obviously you're not a student of human nature. Anyway this is a welcome thread not a discussion thread so again, welcome to the insane asylum and good luck...... You'll need it...... :D
I can assure you that I am quite intimate with human nature. Normalization of deviance is one of my favorite subjects. Like I wrote before... thanks for your heartfelt welcome.
My wife's background is deviant psychology, mine is history, sociology (specifically cultural anthropology) and psychology.
Normalization of deviance........ interesting concept........ You are an optimist......... Maybe......

It just occurred to me, wonder if that means deviant behavior correction (fixing deviant behavior) or normalizing deviance within cultures (acceptance of deviant behavior as normal)........ Uuummmmm........

Last edited:
My wife's background is deviant psychology, mine is history, sociology (specifically cultural anthropology) and psychology.
Normalization of deviance........ interesting concept........ You are an optimist.........

Are we going out three standard deviations?

Normalization of deviance........ interesting concept........ You are an optimist.........

Great, I was just in the process of editing that post....... Ya should have waited...... :eusa_whistle:

Hi ding. My name is dong. And I am honest too. I never lie. I never lie especially to women. Women are honest and always tell the truth in order to improve their relationships.
Justin B., is that you? But seriously, I couldn't be happier for you, brother.

Family, dysfunctional (both the wife's and mine), friends, strange like me........ Why can't it work on a bigger scale? You are paying attention to election cycles ain'tcha, international affairs? That should answer your question. :eusa_whistle:
Of course it can work to some degree in small, closed communities but on a larger scale...... That's a fantasy.
I'm sorry to hear that. Election cycles? When did any thing they did actually make a difference in your day to day life? Of course it can work on a bigger scale, it's just a sum of the parts.
Uuuummmmm, Obviously you're not a student of human nature. Anyway this is a welcome thread not a discussion thread so again, welcome to the insane asylum and good luck...... You'll need it...... :D
I can assure you that I am quite intimate with human nature. Normalization of deviance is one of my favorite subjects. Like I wrote before... thanks for your heartfelt welcome.
Normalization of deviance........ interesting concept........ You are an optimist......... Maybe......

It just occurred to me, wonder if that means deviant behavior correction (fixing deviant behavior) or normalizing deviance within cultures (acceptance of deviant behavior as normal)........ Uuummmmm........
Based on what you just wrote, I don't believe you know what normalization of deviance is.

That's not it either. That's statistics. Normalization of deviance is when one lowers a standard and then normalizes the deviance from the standard to the new lower standard, thus setting themselves up for predictable surprises.

Sorry I am not, I am Justin C. However if I study better next year, I may become Justin B ... Justin Case. :)

Sorry I am not, I am Justin C. However if I study better next year, I may become Justin B ... Justin Case. :)
Either way, I couldn't be happier for you. Good luck with school.

Based on what you just wrote, I don't believe you know what normalization of deviance is.

That's because I'm looking at the word deviance from a human studies (psychology) standpoint where deviance is a behavioral (and in many cases) genetic personality malformation.

Hey Everyone,

My name is ding and I believe that honest men and women can have honest differences of opinion without having to act like jerks to each other. I believe that growth filled communities should explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth.

Sophism

Hey Everyone,

Welcome

Forum List

Back