Homosexuality is in the bible.

HOMOSEXUALITY IS IN THE BIBLE.

When the bible say "Men who lie with men the same as with a women" it is correctly describing homosexuality. This is not "anti-gay rhetoric," it is coming straight from the mouth of GOD.

Levitcus 30;13.

"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Lawrence O'Donnell, you are fool. It is not an acceptabe life style. Tell GOD it is a hateful thing to say. He believe we can be selective in believing the bible. The entire word of god is the bible.

GOD do not condemn slavery but he do tells us how slaves must be treated.

Obamas use of the bible in his swearing in is hypocritical and blasphemy. Because he does not belive the bible to be the word of GOD.

It's anti-gay rhetoric, whether from ones mouth, a newspaper or a book (which the Bible is)

The source does not change the nature of the content.

Had the FFs been really enlightened, they would have given us "Freedom FROM Religion".

:thanks:

There is no one who is free from religion. Everyone believes in something. The worse people are those who believe that there is no God, because then they make up theri own set of rules for everyone else to observe. And such rules benefit the ones who make them up.

I'm free of religion, I'm agnostic, which for me means that no proof either way of god's existence has been proven, for or against, but if some real proof ever comes out, I'm open to changing my mind. And I don't care if everyone else is deluded.

God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. The same group of men were involved in framing in Constitution for the most part. They fully understood that without a basic Christian mindset the country, it laws, its traditions, its values, would become a dung heap. They fully supported Bible reading and one of the first act was to print Bibles.

As the British were marching on Concord and Lexington with orders to confiscate all guns from the colonists their rallying cry was the God gave the crown divine right to rule and to make any and all rules and laws for the colonist to follow. God said the crown monarchy was the law and the citizens had to answer to the monarchists because God said so.

All of Europe was run that way back then. Religion ruled every state and country in Europe.
The Anglican Church was the dominant church in the colonies and the majority of them SUPPORTED THE TORRIES, THE CROWN in the revolution.

After we beat them over 100,000 of those holy rollers left the states and headed to Canada and back to England, the good Torries they were.
And we kicked their ass and beat back each and every attempt from the remaining few that did want the national religion as Christianity mandated by government, wanted Washington to be King and supported government funding of Christian churches and Christian schools.

The Founders RAN LIKE HELL from any religious influences in government and that is solely why the Constitution mentions God NO WHERE, there is no national religion as that was voted down numerous times at the Continental Congress and God is not mentioned anywhere IN THE LAW, THE CONSTITUTION.
The Founders sure were smart as hell!
We are a nation of THE LAW, not men and their various and changing like the wind religious beliefs.

The Foiunding Father were smart, in that they understood that Christianity was more a personal relationship between the believer and God. They obviously didn't what to legislate religion, but they wanted the citizens to be convicted of their own immorality and to do the right thing by God. Education was more a pursuit of understanding God and making the nation righteous and honest. The Bible doesn't change. People change their understanding of the Bible as they either move towards God or away from God. People who wish to do what they want, will say that the Bible is open to interpretaion; however, it really isn't to an honest person. One must be aware of what the ENTIRE Bible says and willing to pursue God's heart and then they will learn the truth --- and the truth will set one free.

Bible is not the government or the law.
Bible is faith and beliefs.
NO ONE can disprove my religious beliefs. NO ONE.
And no one can prove them either.

Well then they aren't merely just your privately held beliefs and they are open for criticism as soon as you put them in the public square.

I personally dont like American football, its kind of a dull game IMO. This opinion is innocuous enough and when they find this out about me they really dont care. However if I turn that belief into a politically active campaign to prevent others from watching/playing/broadcasting it the situation changes completely.

You can't have it both ways. You can't vote to legislate your convictions on others and then sit there and be baffled at the fact that some people are upset with you.

Do you think I'm baffled that some people are upset with me? Where in the wide wide world of sports did you ever get that idea? I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me, especially some anonymous twits on the internet.

You do not need to act out on the internet, plenty of people do that already. I was not being rude it would be nice if you would reciprocate.

"I have everything. I am free to believe in the tooth fairy if I choose to. Why do my beliefs upset you?..." Post #68

You were baffled enough to ask the question and you cared enough to write this irate post.

You clearly aren't a secularist; so you can expect your faith to be the subject of many conversations whether you wish it to be or not.

Oh, bullshit. Take your false narrative and shove it up your ass.

As the British were marching on Concord and Lexington with orders to confiscate all guns from the colonists their rallying cry was the God gave the crown divine right to rule and to make any and all rules and laws for the colonist to follow. God said the crown monarchy was the law and the citizens had to answer to the monarchists because God said so.

All of Europe was run that way back then. Religion ruled every state and country in Europe.
The Anglican Church was the dominant church in the colonies and the majority of them SUPPORTED THE TORRIES, THE CROWN in the revolution.

After we beat them over 100,000 of those holy rollers left the states and headed to Canada and back to England, the good Torries they were.
And we kicked their ass and beat back each and every attempt from the remaining few that did want the national religion as Christianity mandated by government, wanted Washington to be King and supported government funding of Christian churches and Christian schools.

The Founders RAN LIKE HELL from any religious influences in government and that is solely why the Constitution mentions God NO WHERE, there is no national religion as that was voted down numerous times at the Continental Congress and God is not mentioned anywhere IN THE LAW, THE CONSTITUTION.
The Founders sure were smart as hell!
We are a nation of THE LAW, not men and their various and changing like the wind religious beliefs.

The Foiunding Father were smart, in that they understood that Christianity was more a personal relationship between the believer and God. They obviously didn't what to legislate religion, but they wanted the citizens to be convicted of their own immorality and to do the right thing by God. Education was more a pursuit of understanding God and making the nation righteous and honest. The Bible doesn't change. People change their understanding of the Bible as they either move towards God or away from God. People who wish to do what they want, will say that the Bible is open to interpretaion; however, it really isn't to an honest person. One must be aware of what the ENTIRE Bible says and willing to pursue God's heart and then they will learn the truth --- and the truth will set one free.

The Bible says ......."Do not steal". Now if we pass a law that says it is illegal to steal, are we voting for religious law in our govt? How idiotic.

The Bible says ......."Do not steal". Now if we pass a law that says it is illegal to steal, are we voting for religious law in our govt? How idiotic.

Theft is illegal in Russia and every other atheist state and country.

Try again.

Try again.

That's the point. Who are YOU to tell us which laws we can pass simply because you might think they're religious and have no right. Your task is idiotic.

Amazing how ignorant of American history many "Christians" are.
They do not even know that the Founders went out of their way to make sure Christianity OR ANY RELIGION influenced the writing of the Constitution and the formation of government.
They respected Christianity too much to bastardize it with influences of government.

They do not even know that the Founders went out of their way to make sure Christianity OR ANY RELIGION influenced the writing of the Constitution and the formation of government.
They respected Christianity too much to bastardize it with influences of government.

Yeah, we're all ignorant and you're the only smart one. Right.

Try again.

That's the point. Who are YOU to tell us which laws we can pass simply because you might think they're religious and have no right. Your task is idiotic.

"people in this country are free to vote for anyone they want to"
From YOUR mouth you rank amateur.
You are a hypocrit of the highest order.
Like most religious KOOKS always are.
Go some where else to debate Moe.
I tire of picking on defenseless and low information citizens like you.

Good show!
One of many but you ain't close Moe.

Try again.

"people in this country are free to vote for anyone they want to"
From YOUR mouth you rank amateur.
You are a hypocrit of the highest order.
Like most religious KOOKS always are.
Go some where else to debate Moe.
I tire of picking on defenseless and low information citizens like you.

Kiss my ass, you lying dick nosed traitor.

Good show!

Explain what "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" means.

Last edited:

Good show!

Explain what "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" means.

Simple: they cannot tell us what to believe in matters of faith, nor "respect" any religion when making laws.

For example, let's say we mandate that all health insurance policies fund birth control. Then a religion says "Hey; we ain't paying for that since we think it's a sin." If the Congress then gives that church a pass, the law is respecting an establishment of THAT religion, in this case, Catholics. Now Catholics are endorsed, while religions that reject entitely medical interventions into what they believe is God's will, get kicked to the side of the road.

So, I think it's unambiguous that exempting any religion from any part of our laws is patently unconstitutional, as would be mandating that we must all abide by the rules of Baptists, Shi'a Muslims, Mormons, 7th Days, etc, etc.

Let folks practice (or not practice) anthing they wish within the confines of the laws which, BTW, must be the same for us all, via a vis the "equal protection" clause.

If God is one who condemns people to eternal suffering then fuck him and fuck all who believe in him. He should never have given us the choice in the first place

I have two jars. One full of treasure, one with a viper in it. I spend hours telling you of the consequences of putting your hand into either jar. I tell you over and over about the viper, and that it causes death. I warn and warn and warn. BUT:

YOU PREFER THE JAR WITH THE VIPER! You accuse me of lying about it's power to kill you. You stick your hand in the jar to pet the viper. YOU. YOU. YOU have killed yourself. I didn't condemn you to death by viper. I tried to prevent it.

God made Hell for Satan, not you. GOD DOES NOT SENDS YOU THERE. YOU BUY YOUR OWN TICKET TO THE DESTINATION OF YOUR CHOICE.
NOW, tell me, what location YOU have chosen, because no one else has made the choice but You.

I am independent. I like making decisions for myself.
How about you?

If God is one who condemns people to eternal suffering then fuck him and fuck all who believe in him. He should never have given us the choice in the first place

I have two jars. One full of treasure, one with a viper in it. I spend hours telling you of the consequences of putting your hand into either jar. I tell you over and over about the viper, and that it causes death. I warn and warn and warn. BUT:

YOU PREFER THE JAR WITH THE VIPER! You accuse me of lying about it's power to kill you. You stick your hand in the jar to pet the viper. YOU. YOU. YOU have killed yourself. I didn't condemn you to death by viper. I tried to prevent it.

God made Hell for Satan, not you. GOD DOES NOT SENDS YOU THERE. YOU BUY YOUR OWN TICKET TO THE DESTINATION OF YOUR CHOICE.
NOW, tell me, what location YOU have chosen, because no one else has made the choice but You.

I am independent. I like making decisions for myself.
How about you?
What kind of idiot god would put a viper in a jar? :dunno:

Good show!

Simple: they cannot tell us what to believe in matters of faith, nor "respect" any religion when making laws.

For example, let's say we mandate that all health insurance policies fund birth control. Then a religion says "Hey; we ain't paying for that since we think it's a sin." If the Congress then gives that church a pass, the law is respecting an establishment of THAT religion, in this case, Catholics. Now Catholics are endorsed, while religions that reject entitely medical interventions into what they believe is God's will, get kicked to the side of the road.

So, I think it's unambiguous that exempting any religion from any part of our laws is patently unconstitutional, as would be mandating that we must all abide by the rules of Baptists, Shi'a Muslims, Mormons, 7th Days, etc, etc.

Let folks practice (or not practice) anthing they wish within the confines of the laws which, BTW, must be the same for us all, via a vis the "equal protection" clause.

You're full of shit. The law is unconstitutional by forcing people to do something against their religion. Govt is not he authority here. People are.

You're full of shit. The law is unconstitutional by forcing people to do something against their religion. Govt is not he authority here. People are.

The law cannot even (shouldn't) consider religion. Just make the laws the society needs, while letting religious folks believe what they wish. BUT ALL ARE GOVERNED BY AND EQUALLY TREATED UNDER LAW ... or should be.

Forum List

Back