Homosexual Birth Myths

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Well hell then matts.... lets not stop there..... lets let people marry there sister, brother, mother, dog. You preach "no limits", then lets not have any....
angry-smiley-007.gif

Basically, the limit should be on anything beyond "consenting adults".

Originally posted by mattskramer
"In addition to missing out on many of the benefits of marriage, cohabitors may face more serious difficulties. Annual rates of depression among cohabiting couples are more than three times what they are among married couples. And women in cohabiting relationships are more likely than married women to suffer physical and sexual abuse. Some research has shown that aggression is at least twice as common among cohabitors as it is among married partners. Two studies, one in Canada and the other in the United States, found that women in cohabiting relationships are about nine times more likely to be killed by their partner than are women in marital relationships."

http://marriage.rutgers.edu/Publications/Print/PrintSWLT.htm

Give up your self-professed (and self-obsessed) erroneous title of "Undisputed USMB debate and trash talking champ since Saturday April 17". It is laughable. Enough said.

So how about the astronomically higher instances of domestic violence among queers married or unmarried? You know that if a person abuses someone while they are boyfriend-girlfriend that the abuse will continue after they are married. That study there is fucking ridiculous, its illlogical. A piece of paper does not stop abuse. Why don't you take the issue up with some womens advocacy groups and see what they have to say about that study.

Are you going to keep up your claim that homosexuals will stop being serial abusers once they are married? This ought to be good for a laugh or two.

Just so that you will not be any longer confused about how the Lord feels about queers....

From which translation/version are you quoting?

1. The Law of God Speaks Against it:

Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

"In transliterated Hebrew, the verse is written: "V’et zachar lo tishkav mishk’vey eeshah toeyvah hee."

The first part of this verse is literally translated as "And with a male you shall not lay lyings of a woman" ... the verse is directed at men who engage in at least some for of anal sex with other men. But they do not agree on the full scope of the forbidden activities."

For this and more information, read http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh.htm

--------------------------

Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Let us be consistent. If you wish to apply that biblical rule, let's apply the following rules too:

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) OUCH

"There is a wide range of opinion about the meaning and validity of this passage today:

Most Bible translations make it clear that the passage refers only to sexual activity by gays. Two exceptions are the Living Bible and New Living Translation which appear to have mistranslated the original Hebrew. They expanded the verse, without justification, to include same-sex behavior by lesbians as well as male gays: Living Bible: "The penalty for homosexuality acts is death to both parties. They have brought it upon themselves." New Living Translation: "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense."

With the exception of Christian Reconstructionists and a few Christian hate groups, very few Christians favor the mass stoning to death of gays today." For this and more information, read http://www.religioustolerance.org/bibl_hate3.htm

---------------------------------

Deuteronomy 23:17, "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

"The entire verse seems to condemn ritual prostitution in Pagan temples, whether by men or women. It has nothing to say about gay or lesbian sexual activity today, within either a casual or a committed relationship. "

For this and more information read http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh1.htm

Originally posted by OCA
So how about the astronomically higher instances of domestic violence among queers married or unmarried?

Uhhhh. Didn't you say that queers are not married?

That study there is fucking ridiculous, its illlogical [sp]. A piece of paper does not stop abuse.

Now who is ignoring the statistics?

LMAO.

There will be a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage after the election. The American people are firmly against gay marriage and will not be dictated to by an activist judge. Did any of you know that the Governor of Massachusets has publicly stated support for a constitutional amendment or that the legislature in Massachusets said that a measure passing gay marriage would never have passed if a judge had not ordered them to pass one? Talk about tyrrany! You don't support freedom Matts you support tyrrany!

Homosexuals cannot be compared to women, minorities etc., those groups did not choose to be what they were unlike homosexuals. Should crackheads also be given special rights? I mean they are a distinct and unique group, why not?

The fact is that this country was founded by men whose belief systems were based upon the Bible and our basic laws and values can be traced back to the Bible, so why can't we look to the Bible when faced with decisions like this? Atheists are a very small minority here but we should cowtow to them? If someone doesn't like what the Bible says or the laws that it has produced I suggest that maybe America isn't for them. Homosexuality is clearly spelled out as an abomination in the Bible, as is slavery etc. etc. we should not condone this perversion.

Its illogical Matts, if a study tells me that water is purple should I automatically believe that too? Know way in hell that a piece of paper curtails spousal abuse that has already happened in the relationship.

My point with the gay marriage is that homos are astronomically higher in instances of spousal abuse and pedophilia and marriage isn't going to change that no matter what your warped sense of intellect tells you. I'm telling you to go show your Rutgers study to some womens domestic violence advocacy groups and see what kind of respone you get.

Originally posted by OCA
Its illogical Matts, if a study tells me that water is purple should I automatically believe that too? Know way in hell that a piece of paper curtails spousal abuse that has already happened in the relationship.

My point with the gay marriage is that homos are astronomically higher in instances of spousal abuse and pedophilia and marriage isn't going to change that no matter what your warped sense of intellect tells you. I'm telling you to go show your Rutgers study to some womens domestic violence advocacy groups and see what kind of respone you get.

Okay. I understand your point. Correlation does not mean causation (Statistics 101). Yet, along the same lines of reasoning, you can't claim that a marriage certificate will make homosexuality any worse.

Bully LMFAO! That old psychobabble bullshit that you eat up with a fork and spoon don't work on me. I'm as secure a man in my sexuality as one can be, hell I'm a Greek need I say more? In fact being a homo makes you less than a man in my mind so take your idiotic mindgame crap and peddle it somewhere else.

I'm fighting the political agenda of a made up minority of Americans who have decided to force their perversion of choice down the throats of normal and sane Americans. Hopefully with the help of all gods of all religions we will see these sick bastards relegated back to the closets that they emerged from.

OCA:

F***in'-A-right, man! That old gambit might work with frightened little schoolboys( and the fact that it's used that way shows how perverse some of these bastards have become) , but don't try it on a grown man who knows what he's about.

Nothing wrong here!

Bully you still dont get it. Sexuality is more than just a personal preference. it effects generations of society. Carelessness in the arena of sexuality can, does, and will cause the downfall of countless generations. The real question isnt why we are so worried, its why you arent.

I read both articles and both have statistics that are taken massively out of context. Most of the stats are at least 10 years old, and some cases up to 25 years old, this makes it difficult to find the original articles without doing hours of research on academic journal sites. Many of the samples are too small to be representative. These right wing groups never tire of using junk science and misleading statistics to continue to propulagate their mythology.

acludem

It's ironic that you should say that, acludem, because, right off the top of my head, I can think of two well- publicized and well- funded studies whose conclusions were nothing more than junk science, twisted language, and wishful thinking:

One , conducted by the LeVar Institute, attempted to prove the genetic origin of sexual "orientation" by examining the hypothalamus glands of autopsied homosexuals. It's conclusions were pure fantasy.

The other, conducted by the Kinsey Institute, tried to explain away the fact that, although homosexuals comprise a very small minority of the population, they account for a wildly disproportionate percentage of child molestations. Their answer for that was one of the best punchlines I've heard in years!

As long as there are people with money and a vested interest in legitimizing homosexuality, these preposterous, loaded studies will continue, and the more weak - minded among us will scratch our heads and say, "Well, I guess you can make a case for both sides."

That means the homosexual apologists win.

Originally posted by acludem
I read both articles and both have statistics that are taken massively out of context. Most of the stats are at least 10 years old, and some cases up to 25 years old, this makes it difficult to find the original articles without doing hours of research on academic journal sites. Many of the samples are too small to be representative. These right wing groups never tire of using junk science and misleading statistics to continue to propulagate their mythology.

acludem

Quite the contrary oh acludem. The queer community has used force and coercion for years now to influence the psychiatric community into printing what "THEY" want them to say about homosexuality, NOT what is true.

There are articles and links that prove this in other threads.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Why are so worried about homosexuals? Are you rally concerned about your own sexuality?

Are you worried about your belief in God? How is got you worried?

Just so that you will not be any longer confused about how the Lord feels about queers....

From which translation/version are you quoting?

1. The Law of God Speaks Against it:

Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

"In transliterated Hebrew, the verse is written: "V’et zachar lo tishkav mishk’vey eeshah toeyvah hee."

The first part of this verse is literally translated as "And with a male you shall not lay lyings of a woman" ... the verse is directed at men who engage in at least some for of anal sex with other men. But they do not agree on the full scope of the forbidden activities."

For this and more information, read http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh.htm

--------------------------

Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Let us be consistent. If you wish to apply that biblical rule, let's apply the following rules too:

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) OUCH

"There is a wide range of opinion about the meaning and validity of this passage today:

Most Bible translations make it clear that the passage refers only to sexual activity by gays. Two exceptions are the Living Bible and New Living Translation which appear to have mistranslated the original Hebrew. They expanded the verse, without justification, to include same-sex behavior by lesbians as well as male gays: Living Bible: "The penalty for homosexuality acts is death to both parties. They have brought it upon themselves." New Living Translation: "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense."

With the exception of Christian Reconstructionists and a few Christian hate groups, very few Christians favor the mass stoning to death of gays today." For this and more information, read http://www.religioustolerance.org/bibl_hate3.htm

---------------------------------

Deuteronomy 23:17, "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

"The entire verse seems to condemn ritual prostitution in Pagan temples, whether by men or women. It has nothing to say about gay or lesbian sexual activity today, within either a casual or a committed relationship. "

For this and more information read http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh1.htm

Matt, sifting through your lies, what is the 7th Commandment?

Under Jewish law, who is allowed to marry?

Why do you persist?

Let us be consistent. If you wish to apply that biblical rule, to the general public as law, let's apply the following rules too:

Have you ever cursed your mother? Have you ever cut your hair? If you have, what should your punishment be?

See? That is a common problem with those who want to impose Biblical rules on to the general public. (1) Atheists exist. Believe it or not, some people think that some, if not most, if not all, of the Bible is fiction. (2) There is debate on what the writers actually meant and if their statements are as applicable today as they were centuries ago. There are different versions of the Bible and even different translations. (3) Some people might believe that the Bible is true and still choose to sin and supposedly go to hell. (4) This is a biggie: People are selective in what they want to apply from the Bible. They will point to a sentence in the Bible and say "See. This is what it says so this should be applied". Yet, they ignore what may be written a few sentences behind or in front of the statement at issue.

Let us be consistent. If you wish to apply that biblical rule, to the general public as law, let's apply the following rules too:

Have you ever cursed your mother? Have you ever cut your hair? If you have, what should your punishment be?

See? That is a common problem with those who want to impose Biblical rules on to the general public. (1) Atheists exist. Believe it or not, some people think that some, if not most, if not all, of the Bible is fiction. (2) There is debate on what the writers actually meant and if their statements are as applicable today as they were centuries ago. There are different versions of the Bible and even different translations. (3) Some people might believe that the Bible is true and still choose to sin and supposedly go to hell. (4) This is a biggie: People are selective in what they want to apply from the Bible. They will point to a sentence in the Bible and say "See. This is what it says so this should be applied". Yet, they ignore what may be written a few sentences behind or in front of the statement at issue.

All of your manure, and you couldn't answer those three simple questions.

1. What is the 7th Commandment?
2. Who is allowed to marry under Jewish law?
3. Why do you persist?

Originally posted by NewGuy
All of your manure, and you couldn't answer those three simple questions.

1. What is the 7th Commandment?

I'm an agnostic. I don't know and I don't care and it does not matter to me. You are the one quoting select Bible passages as though they should be applied to all citizens. My point is that you should be consistent. If you argue that homosexuality should be outlawed because, based your interpretation of the translation and version of the Bible that you have, God opposes it, then it is only fair to apply all Biblical instruction as US law. Anyway, based on my brief search of the Internet, I think that it says that "'You shall not commit adultery."

2. Who is allowed to marry under Jewish law?

I am not a Jew. I do not follow Jewish law in and of itself. I don't know who is allowed to marry under Jewish law. The real question is "Who is allowed to marry under US law?"

3. Why do you persist?

Because you still have not answered my question. Have you cut your hair? If so, what should be your punishment under Biblical law?

Now it may be your secret belief that Leviticus 20:13 is good (You like that rule.) but you would prefer not to have Leviticus 19:27 and Leviticus 20:9. You can't logically have it both ways. If you apply the book of Leviticus to your argument, it is just to apply the whole book.

Matts: I've done this same thing with those who want to selectively enforce biblical passages. Have you read the one where God says it's okay to sell your daughters? How about the one where all fortune tellers are to be stoned? Look out, Miss Cleo!

Also, I never said that the gay rights movement hasn't also used questionable statistics and junk science. The problem here is we are dealing with the basic question: What makes us who we are? What tells a person who to fall in love with? What tells a person who to be attracted to? Science can't necessarily answer these questions.

acludem

Forum List

Back