Homemade fast food...

Another convenient product I might have not mentioned;
Taco style flavored ground Turkey Meat in frozen 1lb tube rolls you find in any Walmart frozen section near the frozen ground beef.
They only go for $1.50 and they make great burrito and taco or nacho meat with it's own red spicy sauce that oozes when cooking it, liken to those Taco bell packets. These make a lot of meals and if only 1 or 2 people are dining then A meat clever can cut through the frozen log to allow defrosting a portion and keeping the rest frozen.
The Italian flavored one and regular ground Turkey one make good hamburgers and nacho ground meat topping, just add cumin or sauce packets to use the unseasoned ground meat in burritos.

I love homemade pizza. Next to homemade pasta and meatballs, maybe my favorite food.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to incorporate healthy flours in the dough( coconut, quinoa, almond, buckwheat etc )? I've tried a few variations like half and half mixed with regular flour for the elasticity ) ...Some turn out pretty good and others are too bready or cakey. And I've seen a recipe that uses Greek Yogurt instead of yeast and water that looks interesting.
I cool the flour and water in the freezer for a few minutes as a trick I learned,
half the water in any recipe I use I heat at 120 degrees with some salt and sugar to help activate the yeast the rest of the water is cold.
I Also use about 3 tablespoons of GOOD (Carapelli is my preferred)
olive oil.
I'M HIT OR MISS with my pizza dough due to yeast not cooperating or not so precise measurements or rushing the process.
FOR ELASTICITY use a little gluten if you can, always use bread flour never use all purpose.

Forum List

Back